Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I would be curious to know if you have experience the leaking problems with that Hastur tank that I have seen reported? It seems several reviews comments on this and that kept me from considering that tank. Perhaps they have fixed the problems? I know wrong thread, but you brought it up.

I don't have leaking with it.. HOWEVER - the tank isn't seated, (like the Kabuki for instance) meaning, that when you take it apart to rewick and clean the coil you have to be careful about that glass. If you get it back together and the glass isn't just right you'll get leaking...

Also, you cannot keep ejuice in the tank when you rewick.. every time you have to get to the base there is no way to keep juice in it.. again, because they didn't make a design that actually seats that glass.

However, when you have it together correctly it won't matter what you do, I don't get a drop of leaking. .

The seating issue IS an issue and can make it a bit of a PITA at times, especially if you rewick often .

What I am hoping for is a version two on that where they actually design it just a little better... I do absolutely LOVE the tank though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Still loving mine. Did my first coil change, in under 10 minutes. Kind of a record for me. It is so true that if you keep at this stuff, it does get easier. LOL. I may actually reapproach the doggystyle soon. Not today, I'm in too good a mood, but soon. I swear, that tank is possessed. It has given me so many unpleasant moments that I actually HID it in my vape closet, LOL. But, it may be time soon, perhaps I will have an easier time of things... Optimistic I know, but I guess we shall see... Soon.

Anna

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Also, you cannot keep ejuice in the tank when you rewick.. every time you have to get to the base there is no way to keep juice in it.. again, because they didn't make a design that actually seats that glass.
This is the one thing that kept me from ordering. When I first saw it a while back, I was excited because of the custom flow options and narrow looking chimney. But alas, I re-coil and rewick far too often for this tank to work for me. :(

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Still loving mine. Did my first coil change, in under 10 minutes. Kind of a record for me. It is so true that if you keep at this stuff, it does get easier. LOL. I may actually reapproach the doggystyle soon. Not today, I'm in too good a mood, but soon. I swear, that tank is possessed. It has given me so many unpleasant moments that I actually HID it in my vape closet, LOL. But, it may be time soon, perhaps I will have an easier time of things... Optimistic I know, but I guess we shall see... Soon.

Anna
    One more try Anna, your going to love this little darling of a tank. :)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    One more try Anna, your going to love this little darling of a tank. :)
    True, that.
    Don't give up Anna, it was the best vape purchase I've made in a long time. I know you've got plenty of experience - what makes that one so different/difficult for you, or what goes wrong? Just wondering, because it seemed so easy, and similar to building on other tanks.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The flat phillips head screws. With my fine motor tremor, my screwdriver keeps skittering off them. I may actually need to get the husband to do this one. Probably not today since my mood tanked widely after WAY too much editing, LOL. I just yelled at him for about 5-10 minutes for no reason whatsoever. LOL.

But yes, I WANT to love the tank. Also, somewhere in my travails, I lost a screw so I gotta go digging for the replacement screw.

If I can't build it, I may not get it built at all, I hate being dependent on the Husband for stuff, I mean, other than the fact that we've been married going on 15 years, so I'm probably WAY more dependent on him for stuff than I even realize. Hopefully vice versa.

I had to stop editing, a bonfire (including my computer and all my zip drives) was gonna HAPPEN! LOL.

Anna

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    The flat phillips head screws. With my fine motor tremor, my screwdriver keeps skittering off them. I may actually need to get the husband to do this one. Probably not today since my mood tanked widely after WAY too much editing, LOL. I just yelled at him for about 5-10 minutes for no reason whatsoever. LOL.

But yes, I WANT to love the tank. Also, somewhere in my travails, I lost a screw so I gotta go digging for the replacement screw.

If I can't build it, I may not get it built at all, I hate being dependent on the Husband for stuff, I mean, other than the fact that we've been married going on 15 years, so I'm probably WAY more dependent on him for stuff than I even realize. Hopefully vice versa.

I had to stop editing, a bonfire (including my computer and all my zip drives) was gonna HAPPEN! LOL.

Anna

Anna you are one of the most consistent and honest posters on the forum. If you are having a problem with the flat head screws change them to Phillips screws or even grub screws. You have spares galore in other vape packages and certainly some will fit the Ares. If not you can order them online. Simple solution to end your frustration. I have done that myself with some atomizers (changed the screws).

I can't imagine your problems with the Doggystyle. I have 2 and they are the easiest build of all rta's I own. You can pm me with the problems if you like and I will try to help.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL

Anna
    Ah yes, I can't figure out why they put flat head instead of phillips on the doggy...or why anyone would choose flat head screws for anything for that matter. I'm sure that's not a good fit with your tremors. Doesn't help you, but they at least really trap well - very flat on the bottom.

But Chodi is right- swap the screws. I like the Ares, and it functions great. But for me (so far)- the Doggy is dead easy to use, no leaks or gurgles, super reliable and consistent, short and very pocketable, has a nice mtl draw, and looks really nice to boot. And it may not have better flavor than Ares, but gives me better TH. It'll be a good addition to your arsenal if you swap them out and build like any of the other tanks you have.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Anna you are one of the most consistent and honest posters on the forum.
    Chodi, you forgot fastest and most omnipresent! She's everywhere, ready to like and/or helpfully respond to your post, regardless of the thread, within milliseconds of you hitting
    upload_2018-2-22_19-40-54.png

Kusie

ECF Veteran
    Jun 21, 2017
    Germany
    Well, exchanging any screws on existing atomizers that are totally annoying should be the easierst of all fixes, right? I mean AFAIK the material of the screw is not important, it´s just there to connect the wire to the base + and - poles. So find out the ID and length of the screw needed and get replacement Philipps or Torx or whatever screws from your local hardware store.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA

Anna

Pick up a set of Stanley mini screwdrivers and dump the tiny screwdriver that comes with the Ares. The little black tip on the end of the handle revolves so that you can press with the heel of your hand while turning the screw.

stanley-66-052-precision-screwdriver-set-mini-screwdriver-set-awesomehardware-1311-13-AwesomeHardware@3.jpg

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Hmm... That looks useful. I'm sure the husband has a better screwdriver he can give me though, he has a shedful of tools. I would buy a set, but I just bought an air purifier (thought I had one, it went the way of the Dodo, I guess) and this will make the husband happy, so I'm sure he will give me a screwdriver if I need one. I was using the coilmaster one but it's not really that much better. LOL. I think my best bet will be switching out the screws, unless I can make things work with those flat head screws... :)

Anna

• Informative
    Reactions: 52anddone

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Hmm... That looks useful. I'm sure the husband has a better screwdriver he can give me though, he has a shedful of tools. I would buy a set, but I just bought an air purifier (thought I had one, it went the way of the Dodo, I guess) and this will make the husband happy, so I'm sure he will give me a screwdriver if I need one. I was using the coilmaster one but it's not really that much better. LOL. I think my best bet will be switching out the screws, unless I can make things work with those flat head screws... :)

Anna

I have several Stanley sets around the house. Harbor Freight gets something like $3.99 for a clone set like the Stanley. Amazon is $5.19 for the Stanley set.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia

Anna
    If you need some little screwdrivers, send me a pm . If I wake up tomorrow as an octopus, I'll still have too many .

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Pick up a set of Stanley mini screwdrivers and dump the tiny screwdriver that comes with the Ares. The little black tip on the end of the handle revolves so that you can press with the heel of your hand while turning the screw.

stanley-66-052-precision-screwdriver-set-mini-screwdriver-set-awesomehardware-1311-13-AwesomeHardware@3.jpg
    This is the best screwdriver set for vapers.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm pretty sure the husband has that set, they look familiar. I just mixed and he's out... There is no way I am attacking le doggystyle after mixing. I mix once a month, and that's all the vaping production I WANT for one day, LOL.

Man, I just added some coconut to my ares (had some chocolate in there) the flavor on the ares just keeps getting better. It really is... :)

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread