Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
They lost me a little bit with the "if you like a super tight draw get a Berserker or Siren 2".

I appreciate the honesty but I'll be holding off on this one a bit to see reviews and perhaps a 22mm version with draw to match the tight ones.

My thoughts preZACTly. I imagine that if the Ares is a huge and unbounded success, perhaps they'll consider another in a 22. I like 22. Right now, it would not make sense to me to buy a mod specifically for this tank, as what I have is a stable full of beautiful and beautifully working tanks, and a nearly equal number of mods that fit them.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
They talked about it in other videos/presentations, iirc.

I don't understand. Why would they lie about it?

That's not what I meant. The Siren V2 for example changed quite a bit from what was first presented on the website, until it shipped. I did not mean that there was any malicious intent.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Right now, it would not make sense to me to buy a mod specifically for this tank, as what I have is a stable full of beautiful and beautifully working tanks, and a nearly equal number of mods that fit them.
Oh... I'll bet you end up buying that 25mm JAC Sandstorm sooner rather than later.
Just a guess. ;)

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
Right now, it would not make sense to me to buy a mod specifically for this tank
Easy. Just rationalize how you can use the new mod on all the other larger attys you know you want to try.
I'm basically in the same boat as I have no mods for >22mm.
But getting one for this tank means I can go ahead with an OBS Engine Nano, and a Berzerker and... a.... :w00t:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Right now, it would not make sense to me to buy a mod specifically for this tank

I agree, it would make absolutely no sense; just use your CoolFire IV. It will very comfortably accommodate the Ares.
wink-gif.698801

You could also use it on your peacock Defender. Perfect fit!

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That's not what I meant. The Siren V2 for example changed quite a bit from what was first presented on the website, until it shipped. I did not mean that there was any malicious intent.

Ah, sorry! I misunderstood. :)

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Easy. Just rationalize how you can use the new mod on all the other larger attys you know you want to try.
I'm basically in the same boat as I have no mods for >22mm.
But getting one for this tank means I can go ahead with an OBS Engine Nano, and a Berzerker and... a.... :w00t:

But capt, I don't really have the desire for any new (larger) attIEs. :blink:

T'would definitely be a consideration for those that do, tho. Yeppers.

I agree, it would make absolutely no sense; just use your CoolFire IV. It will very comfortably accommodate the Ares.
wink-gif.698801

You could also use it on your peacock Defender. Perfect fit!

Wood it? ;)

20171117_220908_001.jpg
20171117_221047.jpg
20171117_221344.jpg

Sorry, my lovie dove, but I think I'm out. :(

Attachments

• 20171117_220908_001.jpg
    20171117_220908_001.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 34

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Hey. Not trying to talk you into buying anything. God forbid. But I have a 25 mm OBS Engine Nano on my CoolFire as we speak and there's no overhang. Just reporting.

ETA: There's another issue with those new tanks--they have large building decks and big evaporation chambers, which is a good thing. If you decrease the diameter of the tank to 22mm, the space between the chimney and the glass becomes very narrow--which is not a good thing for refilling and free juice circulation in the tank. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I was very critical of all these 24mm tanks initially but after my Berserker I made a u-turn. Just because we made a design decision with 22mm a while ago it doesn't mean it was the right one.

Ditto!

I was critical of the first eGo batteries, too. They looked like big fat sharpies to me and I was appalled. I was also very reluctant to buy my first box mod. :facepalm:

Ecig designers have been abandoning the long narrow tubes and tall atties in favor of small box mods and shorter atomizers for years, as vapers demanded more power, longer lasting batteries and higher capacity tanks. I think that, generally speaking, it's a good thing. The light saber look was not very practical, after all, and wasn't very stealthy or well balanced. IIRC, my extended ProVari (with 18650 battery) and a Kayfun 4 + drip tip was about a foot long. :lol: In the mini configuration (with 18350 battery), it lasted only a couple hours. Something had to change. Enter box mods and shorter and stouter atties.

Most of my box mods are still 22 mm wide, and I'll keep using them, but the next mod I buy will most certainly be 25 mm.

YMMV, as always.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
So it's basically a Siren V2 with some tweaks (I have no problem with that, love siren). However, no 22mm is a deal breaker for me. :(
If its a winner let's push the team for a 22mm with 1 smaller hole... to the Bastille!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread