Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Turn about is fair play.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Do unto others as they have done to you.

Take your pick.

OK, I'm getting one--if only for the picture of Phil and Dimitri. ;)
"Morals are private. Decency is public"

At least Chinese cloners have decency not to put their names and pictures on boxes. I would not buy this piece even if it suited my vaping style.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
"Morals are private. Decency is public"

At least Chinese cloners have decency not to put their names and pictures on boxes. I would not buy this piece even if it suited my vaping style.

Not sure why that bothers you. Lots of products in even grocery stores have the creators names and faces on it if they are/were famous. Paul Newman and Nolan Ryan products come to mind. However, what you buy or don't and why is 100% your prerogative, even if I disagree with the reasons.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If I buy it, it won't be for the pic, it's a bit frightening, frankly and I'm glad it's on the bottom of the box. I see no reason for them to include a pic of the inventors (however terrifying) if they want, though. :)

I wasn't really a fan of Wheaties sports advertising either, and didn't they have the Juice on the box at one point? (I am really reaching into the deep well of my early years here). I wonder if those boxes are collectable now....

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I wasn't really a fan of Wheaties sports advertising either, and didn't they have the Juice on the box at one point?

I never ate Wheaties and the only person I ever remember being on it was Mary Lou Retton. I think Michael Phelps was on it recently. I did decide to google "OJ Simpson Wheaties" and couldn't find a box of Wheaties with him on it.......but.......I did find this: :eek: :D :lol: "Enriched with more long chain molecules" What does that mean?

fists-and-balls-oj.jpg

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
BTW, from the picture on Innokin site, it looks like it's the V2 design--3 holes in a row? Whatcha think?

View attachment 699909

Hmmm.
That picture may be a bit deceiving.
I think the 'liquid barrier to help prevent leaking and seepage ' - ie: 'fins' is what is shown and are blocking the view of the diffuser.
I'm of the notion it will be the 7-hole diffuser.
Look for the 3-hole in Ares V2 - :D

Last edited:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I'm going to line up with the people wondering how this thing is supposed to work and whether it will be any good at all. I just passed my 4 yr anniversary for vaping and in that time I've been MTL at least 95% of the time. I wasted a lot of money on atties that were claimed to be the new best thing.

First, a great MTL atty has to have everything working together from one end to another. Many makers have arranged for a small air flow, small chimney, reduced chamber, etc. I have yet to find a great atty with just one or two of those parts. I've even had a few that had all the right parts but failed miserably because the vapor was being asked to do things it didn't want to do. I won't bore people by getting into airflow management, velocity, atomization, or keeping the flavor traveling with the air stream - you know, Real Science stuff. But a reduced chimney won't produce a good MTL vape if a lot of things haven't gone right before it gets there.

So in light of all that, the chamber looks huge for MTL. Also, I'm not sure why you would want to raise the deck way off the bottom of the tank. As for emptying the tank, though some have mentioned that wicks will be run all the way to the bottom none of the photos so far show them below the build deck. There are more things that make me wonder, but this is too long already.

EVERY atty that I truly enjoy looks to have lots of thought put into the design - and I'm not talking about marketing thought or whether it looks right on today's mods. A Kabuki is legendary for very good reason. It's the best there is for premade coil mtl vaping, though the Nautilus 2/ .7 coil came amazingly close. For rebuildables, I enjoy (in order) the Narta, Narba, and Narda. I have 6 or 7 mods going all the time and a Hurricane is always in use. A ByKA, Cloud One, Kayfuns, and a Taifun get used from time to time. The items I named are sort of unicorns for a lot of people and I was lucky to get them. But the reason they're unicorns is because they are so much better.

Anyhow, I'd like to see the siren clone (I keed, I keed) join the ranks of the atties MTL vapers rave about. But I'm going to wait and see, and certainly won't be surprised if the vaping market is once again led astray by more sizzle than steak.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I'm going to line up with the people wondering how this thing is supposed to work and whether it will be any good at all. I just passed my 4 yr anniversary for vaping and in that time I've been MTL at least 95% of the time. I wasted a lot of money on atties that were claimed to be the new best thing.

First, a great MTL atty has to have everything working together from one end to another. Many makers have arranged for a small air flow, small chimney, reduced chamber, etc. I have yet to find a great atty with just one or two of those parts. I've even had a few that had all the right parts but failed miserably because the vapor was being asked to do things it didn't want to do. I won't bore people by getting into airflow management, velocity, atomization, or keeping the flavor traveling with the air stream - you know, Real Science stuff. But a reduced chimney won't produce a good MTL vape if a lot of things haven't gone right before it gets there.

So in light of all that, the chamber looks huge for MTL. Also, I'm not sure why you would want to raise the deck way off the bottom of the tank. As for emptying the tank, though some have mentioned that wicks will be run all the way to the bottom none of the photos so far show them below the build deck. There are more things that make me wonder, but this is too long already.

EVERY atty that I truly enjoy looks to have lots of thought put into the design - and I'm not talking about marketing thought or whether it looks right on today's mods. A Kabuki is legendary for very good reason. It's the best there is for premade coil mtl vaping, though the Nautilus 2/ .7 coil came amazingly close. For rebuildables, I enjoy (in order) the Narta, Narba, and Narda. I have 6 or 7 mods going all the time and a Hurricane is always in use. A ByKA, Cloud One, Kayfuns, and a Taifun get used from time to time. The items I named are sort of unicorns for a lot of people and I was lucky to get them. But the reason they're unicorns is because they are so much better.

Anyhow, I'd like to see the siren clone (I keed, I keed) join the ranks of the atties MTL vapers rave about. But I'm going to wait and see, and certainly won't be surprised if the vaping market is once again led astray by more sizzle than steak.
@GeekyGeezer, I don't disagree with much of anything you post above. My MTL attributes I look for include the following:
  • Simple single wire coils of 26 gauge or smaller
  • Above 1 ohm builds
  • Airflow coming from below coil with a 2 mm max path from AFC ring to inlet below coil
  • Small/tight chamber
  • Tight chimney
  • Produces excellent flavor
From that list I have the following classics in my arsenal:
  • KF Lite (many variations/configs)
  • Erlkonigin
  • Gem V1
  • GP Spheroid
  • Gus Phenomenon
That said, I will be purchasing this tank (and the Siren V2, Berserker, KF Prime and Cthulhu Hastur) because I am going to support these vendors who are coming out with MTL devices. 2016 was especially dry of MTL innovation and I want to support those who continue to bring new options for the MTL vaper.

If the device sucks I'll be the first one to say so and discourage others from purchasing but, from what I can tell, these new devices seem to be getting it right (check the Siren V2, Berserker and Hastur threads for evidence and reviews).

As far as raising the deck off the bottom of the tank that is part of the design of a GTA tank (Genesis Tank Atomizer) and the reasons for doing that are discussed in a few threads. The Siren, Ares and Hastur are all GTA tanks, whereas the Berserker is a traditional RTA with the deck on the bottom.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
@GeekyGeezer, I don't disagree with much of anything you post above. My MTL attributes I look for include the following:
  • Simple single wire coils of 26 gauge or smaller
  • Above 1 ohm builds
  • Airflow coming from below coil with a 2 mm max path from AFC ring to inlet below coil
  • Small/tight chamber
  • Tight chimney
  • Produces excellent flavor
Those are solid requirements, but I've changed my thinking a bit regarding coil resistance. I always built at 1.0 or higher until a friend convinced me to do a 27K build that comes in at .7 to .9 depending on my skills and mood that day. After doing some A-B, back to back comparisons, I'm getting much better throat hit and maybe even denser flavor. I'm not likely to start blowing clouds after I found that didn't work for me, but these days I can no longer say I don't sub ohm.

And your list jogged my memory about another great tank - the Heron V2. Tremendous flavor but likes to be a bit disagreeable.

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
@GeekyGeezer,
From that list I have the following classics in my arsenal:
  • KF Lite (many variations/configs)
  • Erlkonigin
  • Gem V1
  • GP Spheroid
  • Gus Phenomenon
Erlkonigin - still the best RTA ever IMO.
I've never checked out the Gem.
Looks interesting!
upload_2017-11-15_23-22-19.png

The Siren V2 must have used it as a 'bling-style-guide'. :confused:
And seems the Gem 'borrowed' the Erlkonigins' 2 fill ports,
and has a similar juice-feed.
Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread