Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Pet peeve day, eh, Tex? I'm another who refuses to put the VG first. It's PG/VG, and that's the way (uh huh, uh huh) I LIKE it.

How KONFUSING to switch them around at will.

I have always thought (and agree with you, Scott) that micro referred to small coils. Not particular IDs, but more to distinguish between claptons, aliens, fused, tri-twisted, and Tsuka coils.

Or whatevs. ;)

imagesqtbnANd9GcQVJvPtDo00850ffN5QV_zps7c749909.JPG

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Why would I hate? Those videos reinforced my point. OK maybe the cut off point for what diameter is a micro, macro, nano, etc might be different but that still reinforces my point that those terms have to do with SIZE, thus micro does NOT mean ALL contact coils and never has.
I was just funnin' because a lot of people hate on Rip Trippers.... not that you were hatin' on me :)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I was just funning because a lot of people hate on Rip Trippers.

I don't hate on him, he is a knowledgeable reviewer even if he is as loony as a toon. I do wonder why he stopped using his old catch phrase "sick as ...."

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Why would I hate? Those videos reinforced my point. OK maybe the cut off point for what diameter is a micro, macro, nano, etc might be different but that still reinforces my point that those terms have to do with SIZE, thus micro does NOT mean ALL contact coils and never has.
To me, that reveals the goofiness of a lot of these terms in vaping (and the lack of consistency)... why should micro EVER be in reference to whether the coils are touching or not. If it is a reference to size then define it as what size and then it would make sense to all.

We had the same discussion the other day about Genesis style tanks and the new GTA, RDTA acronyms and how Genesis can be used very loosely by some and others want a stringent definition.

Most of it seems to be marketing and/or the tendency of people to want to come up with "new" "cool" names for crap... its the same in the tech world and the fitness world.. its not just a vaping thing but it is definitely all over vaping for sure.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah it took me a while to even understand what is meant by a micro coil....actually it still confuses me in the way some people uses it. Micro to me means small...the problem and confusing part is..how small..??
To me both a contact and spaced coil of say 2.5mm, is a micro coil.
To me its all just confusing terminology. I just call it a spaced or contact coil of say 2,5mm.
Much easier and more discriptive...

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
To me, that reveals the goofiness of a lot of these terms in vaping (and the lack of consistency)... why should micro EVER be in reference to whether the coils are touching or not. If it is a reference to size then define it as what size and then it would make sense to all.

We had the same discussion the other day about Genesis style tanks and the new GTA, RDTA acronyms and how Genesis can be used very loosely by some and others want a stringent definition.

Most of it seems to be marketing and/or the tendency of people to want to come up with "new" "cool" names for crap... its the same in the tech world and the fitness world.. its not just a vaping thing but it is definitely all over vaping for sure.

Hey, .......ization of language is just rampant and accelerating: Invite is a noun, being infamous is a good thing, etc.
upload_2017-12-4_16-26-32.png

Made worse by the fact that in this industry, "old school" could be referring to only 4-5 years ago! Many of the acronyms and terms were recently coined, and adopted according to how often they were heard being used (or misused). A recent example of parroting something incorrect: watching the SEC Championship (Go Dawgs!) Saturday, I was grinding my teeth the entire game, listening to the announcers refer to Xavier (pronounced egg-zavier). I wondered if maybe his father worked for Egg-zerox, and played the Egg-zylophone.

But yeah, I'm on board - micro denotes size (& doesn't have an absolute range), contact/spaced mean just that, and PG came first- and should always come first! Life is so much easier when you don't always have to "clarify which meaning you meant." And yes, my lawn is unspoiled by the neighborhood kids.;)

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Yeah it took me a while to even understand what is meant by a micro coil....actually it still confuses me in the way some people uses it. Micro to me means small...the problem and confusing part is..how small..??
To me both a contact and spaced coil of say 2.5mm, is a micro coil.
To me its all just confusing terminology. I just call it a spaced or contact coil of say 2,5mm.
Much easier and more discriptive...
Exactly... similar to what we said in the discussion about Genesis/RTA/RTDA/GTA the other day... its either an RTA or an RDA... everything else should be spelled out clearly.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I was grinding my teeth the entire game, listening to the announcers refer to Xavier (pronounced egg-zavier). I wondered if maybe his father worked for Egg-zerox, and played the Egg-zylophone.

Have to admit I do the same but its an X-men thang :)

pic_professorx_endo.jpg

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Hey, .......ization of language is just rampant and accelerating: Invite is a noun, being infamous is a good thing, etc.
View attachment 703999
Made worse by the fact that in this industry, "old school" could be referring to only 4-5 years ago! Many of the acronyms and terms were recently coined, and adopted according to how often they were heard being used (or misused). A recent example of parroting something incorrect: watching the SEC Championship (Go Dawgs!) Saturday, I was grinding my teeth the entire game, listening to the announcers refer to Xavier (pronounced egg-zavier). I wondered if maybe his father worked for Egg-zerox, and played the Egg-zylophone.

But yeah, I'm on board - micro denotes size (& doesn't have an absolute range), contact/spaced mean just that, and PG came first- and should always come first! Life is so much easier when you don't always have to "clarify which meaning you meant." And yes, my lawn is unspoiled by the neighborhood kids.;)

I agree 100%. I would agree more if more than 100% was possible. Some of my pet peeves are "my bad", "ratchet" as the new way to pronounce wretched, "I COULD care less", instead of the proper "I couldn't care less", "irregardless" which wasn't even considered a word until recently and should be "regardless", and of course the complete lack of understanding of what the word "literally" actually means. When someone says "I literally died" I want to kill them since obviously they are a talking zombie. :evil:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
This talk of language reminds me of a funny joke:

A linguistics professor was lecturing his class.

“In English,” he explained, “a double negative forms a positive. In some languages, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However,” the professor continued, “there is no language wherein a double positive can form a negative.”

A voice from the back of the room piped up, “Yeah, right.”

Reactions: Katdarling

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
OMG, how could I have forgotten to put those in? Both definitely top 3 worst/most common. I definitely "should of" put those in there. It was just too careless of me!

That is either really bad or really funny. Speaking of, we can't forget "there", "their", and "they're" or "to", "too" and "two" when reading people's posts.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I love Archer. :) The funny thing is, I bet that people who watch it still misuse literally/actually/figuratively but it drives me BONKERS, as does irregardless. That isn't a word, and while I'm all for making up words and everything, I just hate that one but I will bet that it ACTUALLY makes it into the dictionary at some point. I mean, back in Shakespeare's day a punk meant a prostitute, (possibly a twink) but it certainly doesn't today.

I was not big into cleaning my room as a teen, and my mom used to proudly announce, "My daughter's a complete ....!" to newcomers to the house. I kept explaining to her that that name had a double MEANING these days, and she kept doing it and in fact I think she enjoyed it even MORE. :lol:

Damn the millennials, and the adults that decided to replace education with propaganda!!!!!!!!!!! It's not really the millennials fault but MAN, their PARENTS. :) :)

So I still have not purchased this tank BTW. :)

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I love Archer. :) The funny thing is, I bet that people who watch it still misuse literally/actually/figuratively but it drives me BONKERS, as does irregardless. That isn't a word, and while I'm all for making up words and everything, I just hate that one but I will bet that it ACTUALLY makes it into the dictionary at some point. I mean, back in Shakespeare's day a punk meant a prostitute, (possibly a twink) but it certainly doesn't today.

I was not big into cleaning my room as a teen, and my mom used to proudly announce, "My daughter's a complete ....!" to newcomers to the house. I kept explaining to her that that name had a double MEANING these days, and she kept doing it and in fact I think she enjoyed it even MORE. :lol:

Damn the millennials, and the adults that decided to replace education with propaganda!!!!!!!!!!! It's not really the millennials fault but MAN, their PARENTS. :) :)

So I still have not purchased this tank BTW. :)

Anna

If my mom had done anything like that to me, I would have given her one of these:
john1960-46317-albums-some-my-pictures-avatars-pic20954-kevorkian-gift-certificate.jpg

Oh I haven't found one in stock from a US supplier, so I haven't bought one yet either.

Reactions: Katdarling

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Do not fear. I tormented her plenty in other ways.... We were not kind to each other during my adolescence, but man, she started it, I didn't ask to be born!!!:lol: I'm also fairly certain I didn't ask to be born to HER, although we get along better these days. Me and my THREE siblings are in agreement that one gets along best with our mother when not within driving distance though.... :) In total and complete agreement.... :) I hope this visit goes well. It should, since the time before last she hung up on ME, which I considered somewhat of an accomplishment, heh usually when we argue, *I* am the one....

Positive thoughts, I guess. :) She's an awesome GM though, how the heck does that work????

Anna

Reactions: puffon

Jstcriusen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Well I have found a problem with mine, I am getting juice seeping from the top cap, the 1st time it happened, I just thought I might of over filled it, but 2 more fills and still getting a bit of seepage, seems it is not making a proper seal when the top is closed, and of course there is no extra gasket for the fill port.

But it won't stop me using it, it is just minor, so quick wipe with paper towel and vape on.

My tank is doing this also - not too bad but a little anoying

It may not be the tank seal it self. I have 2 of these tanks. Both leak air between the drip tip and the sliding cap. (Where cap connects to tank)
I like the smallest hole tight hit........
I noticed some gurlging noises. Here they come from that area when fluid builds up. Assuming the usual drip tip moisture.(Dont notice the noises on looser air hole settings.)
Kinda disappointed in that. I really see not fix besides living with it.

I recently purchased the Siren version 2
Never a gurgle ,leak dry hit nothing!
Thought this tank is going to blow it out of the water.
Taste ...Same ?.....Looks ...BETTER!
All air settings are Tight to Loose leak and gurgle free. Single hole settings settings are air tight!

Its livable......Just disapointing

Anyone know how to take the cap apart :)
Or off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread