Aromamizer RDTA airhole problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyw86

Jan 23, 2014
Broad Ripple
I received my rdta through steam crave and did a twisted 26 gauge 2mm build. The flavor and vapor is great so far but I feel like it can be better. I raised my coils so they're above the grub nuts but I can't seem to align the coil to the airholes. I tried pushing the coil to the negative side and then the center. Still can't manage to be directly over the coil. Any suggestions? I have the 2 hole band on there so I can get a tighter draw. I've been vaping at 50-60 watts .3ohm. Haven't had a dry hit yet and it's been great besides the coil not being by the airhole.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I received my rdta through steam crave and did a twisted 26 gauge 2mm build. The flavor and vapor is great so far but I feel like it can be better. I raised my coils so they're above the grub nuts but I can't seem to align the coil to the airholes. I tried pushing the coil to the negative side and then the center. Still can't manage to be directly over the coil. Any suggestions? I have the 2 hole band on there so I can get a tighter draw. I've been vaping at 50-60 watts .3ohm. Haven't had a dry hit yet and it's been great besides the coil not being by the airhole.
That's just the way it's designed. If you take a look at the thread here on the Aromamizer, you'll see quite a few posts about it. I agree it's definitely a strange design "flaw". I'm not sure what they were thinking when they decided to go that route. But you're not the only one. What I do, I unscrew the deck from the base a little bit to get the coils in front of the airholes. For me, that doesn't cause any issues with the resistance readings.

I wrote to SteamCrave and asked about that design decision and they said "it doesn't matter where the airholes are, since there are 4 holes total." I highly disagree, as having indirect and direct airflow makes it an entirely different vape to me, in my experience.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I marked the locations of the airholes on my base using painters tape since it leaves no goo. Then I knew where to position my dual coils.

I rather quickly went to a quad vertical build though and have all 4 holes wide open now.

But I think I'll be going back to duals when the Velocity deck comes out and I buy a second Aromamizer.

Reactions: slightlystoop

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
I using a single coil 28 g ..with the bottom part off I marked the center of the coil with a perma marker ..srewed back on the tank you will notice that you have to back up on the treads by about one 8 th ..to align it to the air hole works great so made a tiny little mark with a dremel ..also raised the coil . only using one of the air holes..the only thing I don't like and I mean the only thing ! is the vape band . looking for a glue on tape now thin ! then cut the one hole with a execto knife .
have fun !

jimmyw86

Jan 23, 2014
Broad Ripple
I found a better solution and just placed my coils on the right side instead of the left and make sure it's close to the edge instead of centered. The airholes are right over my coils and I never have to unscrew the base again. I can vape at 120 watts no problem (I rarely ever do this). I normally just vape anywhere from 60-70 watts at .3 ohms and it's beautiful.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
I found a better solution and just placed my coils on the right side instead of the left and make sure it's close to the edge instead of centered. The airholes are right over my coils and I never have to unscrew the base again. I can vape at 120 watts no problem (I rarely ever do this). I normally just vape anywhere from 60-70 watts at .3 ohms and it's beautiful.
hi jimmyw86
good idea and I will try that the next time. I waiting for a second one in the mail . should be here soon . to try a new build on .
the way this is I am not playing with it . I noticed most of you guys and girls are using much higher watts . I am vaping at 18 watts !
not graduated jet ??

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
hi jimmyw86
good idea and I will try that the next time. I waiting for a second one in the mail . should be here soon . to try a new build on .
the way this is I am not playing with it . I noticed most of you guys and girls are using much higher watts . I am vaping at 18 watts !
not graduated jet ??

I never vaped at 60+W until I got the Aromamizer. If you like it at 18W, vape it at 18W.

I like my 0.3 ohm build between 50-60W, but did try it at 100W out of curiousity and it kept up. But, 100W isn't for me (yet?). I also put a 0.3 ohm build in my Cthulhu last night and like that one 55-60W. I don't plan to take it higher because I'm happy there.

I do need 3mg nic for these beasts now.

Joya

Feb 16, 2015
Florida
hi jimmyw86
not graduated jet ??
I'm also vaping at 18 watts and my coil is 26 g Titanium at 1.0 ohms. I have an issue with getting a weird taste and goop on my coil. I clean it off with each tank fill. I've also tried changing the cotton several times, but I'm still getting the black goop on my coil. As for flavor, it is better than a Crown, better than a TVF4. The flavor is so good, I just keep cleaning the coil and using it. As for location of the air holes in relation to the coils - I don't think it would matter since there are four all around.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
Seems to be some inconsistancy on this...my coils line up perfectly with airflow when the coils are centered on the tri deck.
hi towelie
yep you are right ..got two and the air holes a slightly different position when screwed down completely .
on one I just have to go back a little . the other is right on . still waiting for my third one and a couple of v decks , it been 2 weeks now !

tom262

Nov 5, 2015
I'm also vaping at 18 watts and my coil is 26 g Titanium at 1.0 ohms. I have an issue with getting a weird taste and goop on my coil. I clean it off with each tank fill. I've also tried changing the cotton several times, but I'm still getting the black goop on my coil. As for flavor, it is better than a Crown, better than a TVF4. The flavor is so good, I just keep cleaning the coil and using it. As for location of the air holes in relation to the coils - I don't think it would matter since there are four all around.

Having the same issue with gunky coils. Having to clean & rewick atleast once a day. Which isnt that bad just when you start losing flavour after 18 hours use it gets a bit frustrating.. Will try position coils higher up see if that makes a difference.

Other than that the aromamizer has been spot on haven't picked up my other rdas since i got it.

tom262

Nov 5, 2015
Hi rolf. I am using a mango custard juice which is 80/20 VG/PG (3mg). I dont think its the juice because i have been using it on my kennedy rda, and that wasnt gunking up for atleast 3-4 days of heavy vaping.
I have just rebuilt the aromamizer with dual 7wraps of 24g kanthal coming out to about 0.24ohms but this time i have positioned the coils slightly higher up (as high as i can get them really). Will see how i get on and let you guys know. If you come up with a solution in the meantime please let me know. Thanks again.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
Hi rolf. I am using a mango custard juice which is 80/20 VG/PG (3mg). I dont think its the juice because i have been using it on my kennedy rda, and that wasnt gunking up for atleast 3-4 days of heavy vaping.
I have just rebuilt the aromamizer with dual 7wraps of 24g kanthal coming out to about 0.24ohms but this time i have positioned the coils slightly higher up (as high as i can get them really). Will see how i get on and let you guys know. If you come up with a solution in the meantime please let me know. Thanks again.
hi tom hope it will doo it for you . some times I suspect how tight the cotton wick is in there and type of cotton to
just build one with 4 strands of 34 , twisted ... so far like it at about 1.2 ohms. and also raised the coil a bit more
you will see a difference the way it vapes . have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread