Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Western Massachusetts
I also ordered mine on Saturday and I'm still waiting for it to ship. Don't forget, there's a 12 hour time difference between there and where I am, the east coast.
I finally emailed Maggie Monday night and she got back to me around 1:00am and told me that they were slammed with orders and that it would be shipping by the end of day. I checked this morning and sure enough it shipped. She also told me that it is coming from Shenzhen so it should take about 10 days and that's if it doesn't get held up in customs.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Well, not having any luck with the squonk tank on the Skyfall because I don't have an electrical connection, and can't tell why. So at this time its an RDA. I hope Jo Jo at Focusecig has an idea why because the squonk tank is what makes it different. However, as an RDA it works fine on my Reo.
Well that's not the news I was hoping to hear. In the 20 minute long video it looked like he screwed something in or out on the squonk base to fill it. I wonder if the connection issue has to do with that?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well that's not the news I was hoping to hear. In the 20 minute long video it looked like he screwed something in or out on the squonk base to fill it. I wonder if the connection issue has to do with that?

He thinks so, but in order to get it to squonk I had to bring it up high enough that it actually stuck to the 510 pin of the deck. Then when I went to remove the deck, it spun the whole center post out of the tank and all my liquid came out the bottom :confused:

I'll work on it again in a bit, but this time I'll be sure not to fill the tank until I know its reading on the ohmmeter. Stupid me had only checked the deck on the meter before I filled the tank.

I've worked on it 3 hours already so it may be tomorrow before I mess with the tank part again.

Reactions: Btsmokincat

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Stay tuned on the Skyfall. My adjustable pin for the squonk tank seems to be seriously stuck. I'm asking for a photo of the parts in the centerpin as that will make more sense to me than our trying to communicate in words. English is a second language for them, and I only speak English. I still have high hopes for it. It seems such a cool design. I will also send them photos in the morning so they can see what I'm looking at. At the moment I'm tired and frustrated. And used to mechanical things going easily for me :)

Reactions: JimDrock

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
So I see the new velocity deck is a bit different than the rendering of their pic on site. The grub screw holes are drilled all the way through.

sc.jpg

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
So I see the new velocity deck is a bit different than the rendering of their pic on site. The grub screw holes are drilled all the way through.

View attachment 490155

Whoa, it has two screw holes on each side? The weekend after I bought my aromamizer they put the velocity deck package up for $10 more. :(

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
So I've read this thread and it's clear that people love the RDTA, and rave about the flavor, but it's so hard to tell sometimes it's so subjective. Like, on what kind of scale is that flavor actually great? People rave about the flavor on sub-ohm tanks too, and I know now from experience that that's pretty questionable.

So I'm wondering, just a real straightforward: if perfect flavor from a great regular RDA is a 10, is this truly in competition? an 8 or a 9 at least? I am really struggling with feeling like every flavor is muted (still have smoker's nose) on my tanks, but dripping itself just holds zero appeal to me. Is the aromamizer really a genuine way to get the best of both worlds?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
So I've read this thread and it's clear that people love the RDTA, and rave about the flavor, but it's so hard to tell sometimes it's so subjective. Like, on what kind of scale is that flavor actually great? People rave about the flavor on sub-ohm tanks too, and I know now from experience that that's pretty questionable.

So I'm wondering, just a real straightforward: if perfect flavor from a great regular RDA is a 10, is this truly in competition? an 8 or a 9 at least? I am really struggling with feeling like every flavor is muted (still have smoker's nose) on my tanks, but dripping itself just holds zero appeal to me. Is the aromamizer really a genuine way to get the best of both worlds?

Its not the best flavor RTA I own. The more airflow, the lower the flavor. However, putting in a build that can run at least 50W does wonders for it. My two best flavor tanks have fairly tight airflow: Rose v2 and Phenomenon Lite. For dual coil tanks I would give the nod to the Aqua v2, EHPro Epoch d1 and UD Aga t7. The Aga t7 is a finicky creature though. However, I find my Aromamizers very satisfying and am enjoying the dense vapor. And the flavor is quite good. I personally enjoy it more than my RDAs. The biggest airflow RDA I've had was a Doge. The Aromamizer IMO has much better flavor than the Doge did (don't shoot me if you're a Doge fan, lol!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread