Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hm, the deck is similar to common rda, that is the air holes are part of the deck. If you lay it on the side, the liquid shuld just flow out freely, isn't it so?

I haven't even had it a day, but I don't think it will be prone to leaking. The only atty I have that leaks is my first Focloud due to the deck not screwing in all the way, but Focusecig replaced it for me.

mods: eVic VT / Cloupor Mini
Attys: PhenomenoN Light / PhenomenoN Zest / Lemo 2 / Lemo Drop / Lemo / Aromamizer / Magma

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Hm, the deck is similar to common rda, that is the air holes are part of the deck. If you lay it on the side, the liquid shuld just flow out freely, isn't it so?

Mods: eVic VT / Cloupor Mini
Attys: PhenomenoN Light / PhenomenoN Zest / Lemo 2 / Lemo Drop / Lemo / Aromamizer / Magma

Well, it was on its side for awhile last night while I was trying to find a mod my new Urba would screw into (something isn't right about its 510 connection). I'm guessing the vacuum of a sealed tank is the reason it won't. RDAs don't have vacuum.

But, I could be wrong.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
I was joking, well, sort of :)

After my fiasco with the DNA40s I'm unlikely to buy another Evolv product. I may buy or build a two batt sx350J though. Or a Sig 150W.

I have 3 Sig 100Ws and said I would never need more :)

Yeah, got a little burned with a pair of rDNA40 pre-orders myself. Though personally I'll just never buy anything housing a new Evolv chip until it matures. They just can't be trusted not to rush things to market, but once the product matures its undeniably a great chip. Its kinda sad that I can't use my rDNAs for TC, but they are pretty rock solid for kanthal builds.

Anyway, even though I'm not into high watt vaping or dual coils for that matter, after my experience with the Aromamizer and the price point Steamcrave sells at, I'm going to give an RDTA a shot.

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, got a little burned with a pair of rDNA40 pre-orders myself. Though personally I'll just never buy anything housing a new Evolv chip until it matures. They just can't be trusted not to rush things to market, but once the product matures its undeniably a great chip. Its kinda sad that I can't use my rDNAs for TC, but they are pretty rock solid for kanthal builds.

Anyway, even though I'm not into high watt vaping or dual coils for that matter, after my experience with the Aromamizer and the price point Steamcrave sells at, I'm going to give an RDTA a shot.

My DNA40s are all kanthal builds, too, because of the issues. I'm not touching that 200W with a 10 foot pole.

Reactions: Mike 586

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Very appealing, but the price might scare me :)

Tell me about it.

I just checked Vaporsharks prices and can't remember what they were in the past, but think they're better than the were. If its priced better than the DNA40 version they're selling, I'd probably buy one without hesitation. If its priced like the squonk version, they can keep it.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Could the owners please comment on the leaking of the Aromamizer RDTA? The deck design seems to be prone to leaking. Thanks!

Mods: eVic VT / Cloupor Mini

Dobo, No leaking with mine so far and I have put it through it's paces in the time I've own it. I've popped the top a couple times, changed the removable deck and played with different builds. To be honest with as well as this thing wicks it's surprising it hasn't leaked. Every time I have popped the tank off the wicks were super moist. So far a decent dual build tank for $40

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Tell me about it.

I just checked Vaporsharks prices and can't remember what they were in the past, but think they're better than the were. If its priced better than the DNA40 version they're selling, I'd probably buy one without hesitation. If its priced like the squonk version, they can keep it.

As far as I know it is going to be around $300....The VS flask is built in China, hence the lower price. The SX version is still made in the good old US of A, hand carved from a prisitne block of aircraft-grade aluminium by vape fairies - hence the higher price!

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
As far as I know it is going to be around $300....The VS flask is built in China, hence the lower price. The SX version is still made in the good old US of A, hand carved from a prisitne block of aircraft-grade aluminium by vape fairies - hence the higher price!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure VF stated it will be $299 and release on Aug. 15th. Yes, it's pricey but I absolutely LOVE the look of the Flask and LOVE the SX350J chip. I love the original SX350 chip. I didn't care for the DNA40 when I had one but I'm still cautiously excited about the DNA200.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Mine is to be delivered by DHL tomorrow. My wife manages a local vapor shop that gets regular DHL shipments. She talked to their driver today, and he's going to deliver it to the shop for me tomorrow. So no issue with no one being home to sign for it, or it being left on the door step for thieves. (Thankfully, not really an issue)

I'm excited for this one. I do believe it will perch upon a Sigelei 100W+. I'll post impressions tomorrow evening.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Mine is to be delivered by DHL tomorrow. My wife manages a local vapor shop that gets regular DHL shipments. She talked to their driver today, and he's going to deliver it to the shop for me tomorrow. So no issue with no one being home to sign for it, or it being left on the door step for thieves. (Thankfully, not really an issue)

I'm excited for this one. I do believe it will perch upon a Sigelei 100W+. I'll post impressions tomorrow evening.

Clean the hell out of it first!

Reactions: Petabread

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I received mine yesterday, and have since put a few different builds in it, experimenting with coil position.

Initial impression is that this is a well machined, and well presented RTA. It arrived clean and well packed. I smelled a hint of machine oil, so I gave it a light scrub with soap and water. Threading and finish is excellent. I have not had any trouble with the posts clipping wires.

The reason it's been through 3 builds at this point, is that it took me 3 trys to realize where to position the coils to get them in front of an air hole. Centered on the deck does not work. They should be off to the side towards a negative post, but it's important to figure out which negative post they should be near on each side. I had to screw the deck in, then mark the bottom of the base with sharpie marker where each air hole lined up. I then rebuilt it and positioned the coils accordingly. The coils also need to be fairly high, and I've considered just securing them around the screws Fogger style to shorten the lead length. First two builds were terrible with harsh hits because of indirect airflow to the coil.

This is definitely a lung hitters tank. It has huge RDA style air flow. Air flow can be adjusted down for MTL, but here's my gripe: I don't see the point of the air holes that do not center on a coil. The two air holes that do not face a coil lead directly to a negative post. Maybe it's just to make the tank more airy, but for MTL, they are unnecessary, and IMO, kill flavor. It would have been neat for them to include a vape band that only had two holes in it. I'm going to have my wife bring a few vape bands home from work and I will experiment with making my own.

This thing wicks like beast, and is pretty hard to screw up in that regard. Just tuck the tails under the coil. Flavor is decent but I'll reserve final judgement on it till I've had a chance to tune it to my preference a bit.

Current build is 26ga Kanthal, 8 wrap contact coils, at 2.4mm. Now that I have the coil position sorted, I will likely go back to spaced coils on the next build.

Last edited:

m00shie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Malaysia
I received mine yesterday, and have since put a few different builds in it, experimenting with coil position.

Initial impression is that this is a well machined, and well presented RTA. It arrived clean and well packed. I smelled a hint of machine oil, so I gave it a light scrub with soap and water. Threading and finish is excellent. I have not had any trouble with the posts clipping wires.

The reason it's been through 3 builds at this point, is that it took me 3 trys to realize where to position the coils to get them in front of an air hole. Centered on the deck does not work. They should be off to the side towards a negative post, but it's important to figure out which negative post they should be near on each side. I had to screw the deck in, then mark the bottom of the base with sharpie marker where each air hole lined up. I then rebuilt it and positioned the coils accordingly. The coils also need to be fairly high, and I've considered just securing them around the screws Fogger style to shorten the lead length. First two builds were terrible with harsh hits because of indirect airflow to the coil.

This is definitely a lung hitters tank. It has huge RDA style air flow. Air flow can be adjusted down for MTL, but here's my gripe: I don't see the point of the air holes that do not center on a coil. The two air holes that do not face a coil lead directly to a negative post. Maybe it's just to make the tank more airy, but for MTL, they are unnecessary, IMO, and kill flavor. It would have been neat for them to include a vape band that only had two holes in it. I'm going to have my wife bring a few vape bands home from work and I will experiment with making my own.

This thing wicks like beast, and is pretty hard to screw up in that regard. Just tuck the tails under the coil. Flavor is decent but I'll reserve final judgement on it till I've had a chance to tune it to my preference a bit.

Current build is 26ga Kanthal, 8 wrap contact coils, at 2.4mm. Now that I have the coil position sorted, I will likely go back to spaced coils on the next build.
Thanks VaPreis! Great write up

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
A little update: For the time being I cut down a couple pieces of electrical tape and covered the extra air holes and re-installed the vape band. Vapor production and flavor for my MTL style vaping are hugely improved.

My OCD won't allow me to permanently leave pieces of tape on the tank, even though I can't see them, but it worked well to prove a theory. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread