The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Fathomrock, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

To be honest from talking to the reps absolutely zero has been done to the iPV 35 and 50 watt since they were released . They are exactly the same if you bought one now or when first released .

There have been very very few complaints so i guess thats why, they started working like crazy on other ones so i guess their efforts are being utilized elsewhere.

Anytime KD.

2. HDMontana

HDMontana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Montana
    That's what I'm hoping for. Improvements on the ipv2 design being built into the ipv3. Plus the dual batteries are mainly what I am looking for.

3. LiveL0NGandVAP0R

LiveL0NGandVAP0R Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    FL, USA
    When someone says "to be honest", is that the only time their being honest? Speaking of honesty, should anyone actually expect honesty from reps who intend to sell anyway they can and or protect their company?

At least with the black color iPV2 50w there has been some minor changes since first released. The mod now starts out at 50w. It retains wattage setting when changing batteries. When nothing is attached while pressing the fire button "check atomizer" is displayed.

4. dwcraig1

dwcraig1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Starting out at 50 watts really isn't really all that good of an idea, retaining your setting of coarse is.

And for my reason to post here, my Cana still works as good as when I first received it but I use my IPV2 more than my Cana.

5. LiveL0NGandVAP0R

Feb 14, 2014
    FL, USA
    I don't know exactly what I'm doing posting here as the wait for the hana clone ended long ago. While I'm here I might as well add that my Cana been working good too although since I got the iPV2 the Cana hasn't had much attention at all. And with the sigelei 100w and ipv3 on order the Cana might be just wind up a back up of a back up soon.

Yeah I don't know why they made the ipv2 start at 50w. It is nice keeping the wattage setting when swapping batteries. There's probably other slight differences that don't really matter either that I'm missing too. I think I heard someone say something about the battery sled area was different.

6. HDMontana

Mar 16, 2014
    Montana
    I'm sure when I get a higher power mod, my cana will become a backup as well. It has been performing well and survived its first fall today, when I bumped it off of the counter. On the bright side, with all the backups and backups for backups I have, I should be in good shape if the government decides to regulate mods some how. Can someone make a 510 connected flashlight head so the mods could be sold as flashlights? :)

7. dwcraig1

Fasttech already has a few, about $6-7.....$6.87 510 Cree XP-E R2 5-Mode 280-Lumen Pure White LED Flashlight - works w/ 510 e-cigarette batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

8. HDMontana

Mar 16, 2014
    Montana
    Well there you go. Its not mod to vape with, its a variable wattage flashlight. Can't see where flashlights would need to be regulated.

9. Cellodick

Cellodick Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2014
    Hollywood
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Yep. Nemesis flashlight. Love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

10. dwcraig1

My led in my Mag-lite has a voltage regulator built into the base of the bulb.
    A regulator enables one bulb to fit flashlights with different number of cells as well as be consistently bright for a longer time than something without a regulator.

11. LiveL0NGandVAP0R

Feb 14, 2014
    FL, USA
    I'm waiting for a Hana clone again. I'm probably the only one nowadays waiting huh :lol:

12. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 "You are HERE." Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    That measly 30 watt thing? Does it come with training wheels now? ;-)

13. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 "You are HERE." Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    And just FYI, 30 is about 20 more than I'll ever need.

14. LiveL0NGandVAP0R

Feb 14, 2014
    FL, USA
    I've been enjoying playing around with iPV2 50w and the sigelei 100w but I do have set ups that are good at about 28w, or whatever the Hana clone actually puts out at max, and below

15. LiveL0NGandVAP0R

Feb 14, 2014
    FL, USA
    My first generation Hana clone that's almost four months old is still going strong aside from most of the well known quirks. But I've had a bunch of email exchanges with Cloupor and their sending me a replacement directly from them :D

16. LiveL0NGandVAP0R

Feb 14, 2014
    FL, USA
    Well that was a short wait. My replacement arrived today via DHL. I'm really impressed with Cloupor and their support.

Replacement hasn't shown any of the issues my first generation had. It might take some time though, lol. Ohm reader is spot on. Screen hasn't turned itself on. One button press wakes and fires from sleep. Wattage setting hasn't changed without touching buttons. According to inline meter it's putting out less than one watt short of 30w at max power setting with various resistance coils. 510 pin is a smaller diameter. Better screws holding battery door. And it has a better paint/finish in my opinion.

It does seem to have a very slightly crooked 510 connection but it's nearly impossible to notice. If that's the only thing I find wrong over time then I'll be more than happy :)

17. Darkangel

Darkangel Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2013
    Gotham City
    My replacement came in today, Cheers to elev8vape !
    I wrote to them informing them I was vaping at 1.2 to 1.5ohm and out of sudden my unit emits smoke from the unit. I was shocked and disconnected my KF and immediate unscrew the back covers and remove the battery. Wow! Burnt chip smell damn bad and I allow the unit to cool off and dismantle and I found this
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412347118.658980.jpg

And look at the wire

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412347158.964138.jpg

Without any hesitation, elev8vape agreed to replace a new unit by sending them the damage unit back. But I negotiated as I am very far away and the cost of sending one would have cost me another unit. And again they without hesitation offered to send me a new unit. This is the best customer service I ever had.

Cheers again to elev8vape team of professionals

Here is my new unit from them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412347442.540719.jpg

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

18. HDMontana

Mar 16, 2014
    Montana
    Wow, that is good service.

19. Dampfsucht

Dampfsucht Senior Member

Feb 20, 2014
    USA
    Round 3 version 1; still going strong. Received early June from 101vape. Charged daily with USB. Unit has not yet powered up on its own, but exhibits all of the other quirks reported of earliest version. Noticed indents in my button finger/thumb from day one. No complaints with purchase.

20. dwcraig1

My two early Cloupor's with all the known little quirks are still going strong. I'm awaiting on a Cana 30 empty box from FT, I have an Evolv DNA 40 and charging board already.
    I'm going to use the supplied switches and 510 socket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.