Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I have a question. I just got a kayfun v5 clone and it is exactly what I was looking for. No problems with it so far. However, do you close the juice flow at the end of the night? I don't want to have a puddle of juice on my mod in the morning.

This is my first rebuildable tank. Thanks in advance!
I never close the juice flow unless refilling. Mine sits on my desk, or night stand, or in my purse when away from home. Right next to my phone. Never a leak.

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
yes the full size is just taller.It will fit fine on the pico.
Awesome! I did a little searching now that I'm on my computer. Searching is not as easy on the phone. I found this:

SXK Kayfun V5 Mini
Dimensions – Metric
Depth 22 mm
Height 62 mm
Width 22 mm

Kayfun V5 Clone
Dimensions – Metric
Depth 22 mm
Height 75 mm
Width 22 mm

Tobeco Kayfun V5 Clone
Width 22 mm

Now that I'm armed with this information I feel I can safely get some more clones and this time full size. I also think that after doing a little looking, the O rings will be the same for both the full size and mini.

Thanks everyone for your help!

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
I never close the juice flow unless refilling. Mine sits on my desk, or night stand, or in my purse when away from home. Right next to my phone. Never a leak.
I have mine right next to me on my desk at work at the moment. It's so pretty to look at! It's definitely different from the Aspire ETS tanks I have!

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    My Kayfun v5 clones are the only tanks i ever use now.All my other ones are cleaned and put away.I do not even bother looking for other ones,if i buy more then they will be more v5 clones.
    Me to I just bought 2 more Tobeco's for a total of 8 Kayfun 5's. All my other tanks are now in the box's they came in. Love this atty. :D :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    My Kayfun v5 clones are the only tanks i ever use now.All my other ones are cleaned and put away.I do not even bother looking for other ones,if i buy more then they will be more v5 clones.
    I started with the 2 Nautilus tanks, & within 6 months moved to KFL+v2's. The first one was pif'd & I learned to coil & wick on that. I felt guilty not doing it for 2 weeks after I recieved it because of the horror stories as a noob. I'd never been afraid of things like that. So I You Tubed up, found a really good step by step video & did it. Nailed a great micro coil on the 2nd try, & got the wick right on 1st try. It tasted so good, & vaped so well, I've never looked back. I have about 20 v2's with enough spare parts & tanks to last forever. I should have stopped there but nooooooo. I had to try a K5 & am thinking of disposing of so v2's to make room for K5's. Instead of being all set I'm doomed!

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    I started with the 2 Nautilus tanks, & within 6 months moved to KFL+v2's. The first one was pif'd & I learned to coil & wick on that. I felt guilty not doing it for 2 weeks after I recieved it because of the horror stories as a noob. I'd never been afraid of things like that. So I You Tubed up, found a really good step by step video & did it. Nailed a great micro coil on the 2nd try, & got the wick right on 1st try. It tasted so good, & vaped so well, I've never looked back. I have about 20 v2's with enough spare parts & tanks to last forever. I should have stopped there but nooooooo. I had to try a K5 & am thinking of disposing of so v2's to make room for K5's. Instead of being all set I'm doomed!
    I started on 2 Nautilus tanks as well.Moved onto a silo tank then Merlin's as my first rebuildables. Thankfully then discovered Kayfun v5's. Search is now over.I have 5 and plan on getting a few more.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I only have one clone. A Tobeco.
    Apart from a teensy tiny insignificant weep around the AFC it works flawlessly, and delivers consistently delicious flavour, and is some of the nicest engineering I've ever seen :)
    I forget who it was but someone suggested when refilling to close the juice control, take 1 or 2 drags with it closed then fill with juice, cap it and open the juice flow, it works, no more weep at all.

iBloke

Verified Member
    May 25, 2016
    The Lan Dow Nunda
    I forget who it was but someone suggested when refilling to close the juice control, take 1 or 2 drags with it closed then fill with juice, cap it and open the juice flow, it works, no more weep at all.
    G'day Bob.
    Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember that suggestion from somewhere in this thread, and it certainly makes sense.
    I'll definitely try that next refill (although the tiny amount of juice weep I get generally doesn't bother me at all as it's only a quick wipe with the vapers friend, being a sheet of paper towel :D )

Cheers mate :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    That was me. The idea is to vape what is inside the coil chamber. Either in the wick, or in the juice wells where the wick soaks up juice. So when you take the top off to refill that bit of juice doesn't drip out of the air holes when the vacuum is released. 3 or 4 hits with the juice closed off, open the top, no weeping. Recap, open juice flow & off you go!

iBloke

Verified Member
    May 25, 2016
    The Lan Dow Nunda
    That was me. The idea is to vape what is inside the coil chamber. Either in the wick, or in the juice wells where the wick soaks up juice. So when you take the top off to refill that bit of juice doesn't drip out of the air holes when the vacuum is released. 3 or 4 hits with the juice closed off, open the top, no weeping. Recap, open juice flow & off you go!
    Excellent advice, and totally logical! :toast:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Fontana, CA
    monotremata.bandcamp.com
    And another pic so I can show off the new VT75 I got in the mail today. FINALLY my first DNA mod and only $50 too!!!
    15dd44a5c84abc9505aa744d414fba65.jpg

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread