Attack of the (Kayfun V5) Clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
And another pic so I can show off the new VT75 I got in the mail today. FINALLY my first dna mod and only $50 too!!!
15dd44a5c84abc9505aa744d414fba65.jpg

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
A thing of beauty! Enjoy.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
A thing of beauty! Enjoy.

Coming from a Sigelei Spark, I was worried it was going to be huge but it actually feels perfect in my hand. Loving it so far, haven't bothered checking out the EScribe software for it yet, but Im too lazy to boot my Mac into Windows at the moment hah. Luckily you can edit the material for the profiles on the mod itself. So far the chipset is seemingly a hell of a lot more efficient than Sigeleis in the Spark. Put a battery in it that was already down to 50% in the Spark when I came home from work and by now, the Spark would've just about killed the rest of it. Battery meter is just barely below the half way point on the VT and Ive been pretty much chain vaping it for the last two hours since I started using it. Love the location of the USB port too. If I ever do need to use the onboard charger, not only is it 1amp, but I don't have to lay the thing down and hope I didn't forget to close the KF5's juice control.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Coming from a Sigelei Spark, I was worried it was going to be huge but it actually feels perfect in my hand. Loving it so far, haven't bothered checking out the EScribe software for it yet, but Im too lazy to boot my Mac into Windows at the moment hah. Luckily you can edit the material for the profiles on the mod itself. So far the chipset is seemingly a hell of a lot more efficient than Sigeleis in the Spark. Put a battery in it that was already down to 50% in the Spark when I came home from work and by now, the Spark would've just about killed the rest of it. Battery meter is just barely below the half way point on the VT and Ive been pretty much chain vaping it for the last two hours since I started using it. Love the location of the USB port too. If I ever do need to use the onboard charger, not only is it 1amp, but I don't have to lay the thing down and hope I didn't forget to close the KF5's juice control.
I only vape normally at around 11 watts in power mode. With the DNA 75 i can chain vape for over a day at 450 F without charging my LG HG 2. Amazing piece of equipment!

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I have been following the discussions on the different brands...I went with the SJMY. Seemed a toss up considering the posts, but 3Fvape has done me well.

They should arrive tomorrow and hope to have the 1st two up and running by the end of the weekend.

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016
That was me. The idea is to vape what is inside the coil chamber. Either in the wick, or in the juice wells where the wick soaks up juice. So when you take the top off to refill that bit of juice doesn't drip out of the air holes when the vacuum is released. 3 or 4 hits with the juice closed off, open the top, no weeping. Recap, open juice flow & off you go!

Good tip…I now do that every time i close off the juice flow before it goes in my pocket…nice way to mop up any liquid that's gathered in the juice chamber.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I have been following the discussions on the different brands...I went with the SJMY. Seemed a toss up considering the posts, but 3Fvape has done me well.

They should arrive tomorrow and hope to have the 1st two up and running by the end of the weekend.
Good choice I got the SMJY last week love it! I was amazed at the quality. Now I'm trying to decide on a KF mini 3 or a rose 3 clone next. Have you heard any thing about the SJMY rose3? I've only seen a review for the SMY. Had a good experience with the SMJY KF so I'm trying to get some info on that one.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Think I might go for the 3fvape KF 3 mini for now it seem like it has good reviews. Might hold off on the Rose3 till I see reviews on the SMJY one. Saw a review of the rose sxk this morning on YouTube (vape don't smoke) channel. All looked great till........ the 510 was huge an would not fit on the Pico mod he had. Total bummer cause I'm trying to buy one of these just for my Pico. Defiantly going back for another SJMY KF 5 soon after.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Good choice I got the SMJY last week love it! I was amazed at the quality. Now I'm trying to decide on a KF mini 3 or a rose 3 clone next. Have you heard any thing about the SJMY rose3? I've only seen a review for the SMY. Had a good experience with the SMJY KF so I'm trying to get some info on that one.
Glad to hear about your good impression of the SJMY KF5. I just got mine in the mail a few minutes ago. Already have a SXK KF5 and it's working well.

The KF3 Mini is not much different from a KF5 Mini except for a tighter draw and no adjustment of airflow. I'd go with a Rose3. I have a SXK clone as well as an original and the clone is very close but not as smooth drawing. Roses have always been a favorite for me due to their intense flavor and consistency.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Glad to hear about your good impression of the SJMY KF5. I just got mine in the mail a few minutes ago. Already have a SXK KF5 and it's working well.

The KF3 Mini is not much different from a KF5 Mini except for a tighter draw and no adjustment of airflow. I'd go with a Rose3. I have a SXK clone as well as an original and the clone is very close but not as smooth drawing. Roses have always been a favorite for me due to their intense flavor and consistency.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

They are super easy to coil & wick.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

KF5 mini?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
There being a KV5 Mini was news to me. On a daily basis, I like 4+ ml because I am just moving around to much. But, a small tank sometimes means a small chamber and chimney which I think is good for flavor.

Tough to find good toppers. Like much of the other Kayfun, I hope the KV5 is a good, all-around topper. Anyway, my block of KV5 did not come in today. :(

Reactions: Kenna

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
There being a KV5 Mini was news to me. On a daily basis, I like 4+ ml because I am just moving around to much. But, a small tank sometimes means a small chamber and chimney which I think is good for flavor.

Tough to find good toppers. Like much of the other Kayfun, I hope the KV5 is a good, all-around topper. Anyway, my block of KV5 did not come in today. :(

Just FYI, I could easily fit 4ml in the SXK K5 mini with the stainless tank section. It does give a hotter vape than the regular size though. Mine leaked all over the place, but I haven't taken it apart yet because it was too hot for my liking anyways. Could be an easy fix.

Looking for a KF 5 drip tip to throw on the KF 3 mini (3fvapes) version. anyone know where i can get one? and does it fit?

They sell them pretty much everywhere, here's a stainless tip (they also have it in black): SJMY 9mm Silver Stainless Steel Drip Tip for Kayfun V5 RTA Atomizer

Or here you have an entire set: $4.46 316 Stainless Steel + POM Hybrid 510 Drip Tip Kit (18 Pieces) - detachable / 16mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread