Augvape Merlin Mini By Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raizo III

Jan 14, 2017
Cool, good to know. Maybe I'll contact them if the issue persists. I'll try the dual coil deck, if that's good, then maybe it's just something off with my single coil deck, and see how they want to pursue it.

What kind of coils are you using? Had aliens in mine and after awhile id get dry hits even w less cotton. Switched to spaced coils and its been working great since.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
I just bought the gold version yesterday. I am a total newb though, so ill have to do some reading. I started with ego's, eventually going back to smoking. In the last 2 weeks I bought a Tarot Nano(meh, ok, but not what I was looking for, and got spit back so had to look for something else) and now a smok Alien. I absolutely love this mod!! Taking a bit to get used to DL hits, but im coming around pretty fast. Love the baby beast so much, I bought the big baby. I thought to myself yesterday, hey, I came this far and really want to quit smoking, why not try an RTA? So I looked around and this looks right up my alley. Ill be reading this thread and some others to learn how to get started.

2 years ago I contracted Lyme disease and things have been rough. I wanna thank all you folks for what you do here. Living with a chronic disease isnt easy, and trying to quit smoking while dealing with it is harder than most will ever know. Appreciate all the knowledge here, it gives me hope. Thank you!

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
I just bought the gold version yesterday. I am a total newb though, so ill have to do some reading. I started with ego's, eventually going back to smoking. In the last 2 weeks I bought a Tarot Nano(meh, ok, but not what I was looking for, and got spit back so had to look for something else) and now a Smok Alien. I absolutely love this mod!! Taking a bit to get used to DL hits, but im coming around pretty fast. Love the baby beast so much, I bought the big baby. I thought to myself yesterday, hey, I came this far and really want to quit smoking, why not try an RTA? So I looked around and this looks right up my alley. Ill be reading this thread and some others to learn how to get started.

2 years ago I contracted Lyme disease and things have been rough. I wanna thank all you folks for what you do here. Living with a chronic disease isnt easy, and trying to quit smoking while dealing with it is harder than most will ever know. Appreciate all the knowledge here, it gives me hope. Thank you!
Welcome brother!

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I just bought the gold version yesterday. I am a total newb though, so ill have to do some reading. I started with ego's, eventually going back to smoking. In the last 2 weeks I bought a Tarot Nano(meh, ok, but not what I was looking for, and got spit back so had to look for something else) and now a Smok Alien. I absolutely love this mod!! Taking a bit to get used to DL hits, but im coming around pretty fast. Love the baby beast so much, I bought the big baby. I thought to myself yesterday, hey, I came this far and really want to quit smoking, why not try an RTA? So I looked around and this looks right up my alley. Ill be reading this thread and some others to learn how to get started.

Yes! Welcome! Everyone is so helpful & nice here!

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Welcome pahick! Hang in there man. Let us know how we can help ya stay off the 'death nails' most of us loved so dearly. Although the thought of lighting up one now just gives me the shivers. You can do it if I can. Having good equipment really helps. Having good advice and this extended family helps even more.

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
I've been vaping maybe 1.5yrs now. Decided to have a drag off a friend's cancer stick about 6 weeks ago. In vaping terms, it felt like vaping burnt ammonia flavour juice from a tank that uses cardboard for wicks! [emoji37]

Im amazed that I ever smoked those things. Esp 20 a day for 20yrs. Thank goodness for vaping.

Keep it up @pahick, anytime u ever feel like a ciggy, just vape. Esp with a good setup, it hits the spot! And after a while u wonder how anyone can prefer cigs to e-liquid.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Hi pahick! The Alien is a great 2 battery mod, and the BB and BBB are terrific if you want DL and clouds. Going the RTA route is certainly a great way of avoiding the cost of all those replacement coils. The Merlin mini is certainly a good option. I'm sitting here right now using its big brother original Merlin. These are nice flexible tanks that can be set up for exactly what you're looking for at the time.

I do hope your problems from Lyme improve. No, chronic illness is no fun, but getting healthier off the smokes is a good step in taking care of yourself.

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
Hi pahick! The Alien is a great 2 battery mod, and the BB and BBB are terrific if you want DL and clouds. Going the RTA route is certainly a great way of avoiding the cost of all those replacement coils. The Merlin mini is certainly a good option. I'm sitting here right now using its big brother original Merlin. These are nice flexible tanks that can be set up for exactly what you're looking for at the time.

I do hope your problems from Lyme improve. No, chronic illness is no fun, but getting healthier off the smokes is a good step in taking care of yourself.

Thanks for the kind words. Appreciate it. Mini didnt get here yet, so gives me time to do more reading. Using my alien with samsung 30Q's. Would like to keep good battery life but still get good flavor and clouds. Not sure what coil to build that I dont have to run it too hard. Simple would be perfect, when my joints flare might be hard to make a complicated coil. Possible for a single strand SS wire to perform decent? As I said, lots of reading and learning to do. Thanks again for being so kind!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Absolutely. A simple round SS can do great. And you have the option of wattage or temp control with it, and is why I only build with SS these days. If you have trouble making the coil but do want to try some more complex builds like Clapton and so on, there are several good sources of quality prewrapped SS coils that are reasonably priced. Given the ability with SS of dry burning (lightly, no need to get it glowing bright white, just gentle pulsing to glow) and rinsing, I have coils that last me months. The only thing I really need to do is clean and rewick every week or so. Advanced Vape Supply is a great source for stuff like that.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Absolutely. A simple round SS can do great. And you have the option of wattage or temp control with it, and is why I only build with SS these days. If you have trouble making the coil but do want to try some more complex builds like Clapton and so on, there are several good sources of quality prewrapped SS coils that are reasonably priced. Given the ability with SS of dry burning (lightly, no need to get it glowing bright white, just gentle pulsing to glow) and rinsing, I have coils that last me months. The only thing I really need to do is clean and rewick every week or so. Advanced Vape Supply is a great source for stuff like that.
Agree on all points! AdvancedVapeSupply.com is great!

Reactions: pahick

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Hey @pahick, yeah I also find that a simple SS coil works great. 26g SS tends to be my default build in my tanks nowadays. 3 or 3.5mm ID. Usually 3mm for a dual coil setup and 3.5mm for single coil.

I'm also mostly running temp mode with them.

I did realise that temp control tends to work better if the coil is spaced. Otherwise my mods seemed to constantly jump out of temp mode into regular power mode (esp my rx200s).

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm a bit curious since the merlin base was pressfit and has bad seeping issues. Is the merlin mini base also pressfitted?. Did augvape learn from the Merlin or they just push out another bad designed atty?

I know some have had significant seeping issues. However, my 2 Merlins don't, so it's not a hard and fast rule. I'll be curious what the Merlin v2 will be like. There are already renderings floating around on it.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I know some have had significant seeping issues. However, my 2 Merlins don't, so it's not a hard and fast rule. I'll be curious what the Merlin v2 will be like. There are already renderings floating around on it.
Are you talking about the Merlin 22mm or a new 23mm version?

The Merlin 22mm from Instagram
7afa7c0ad706743933180657a62a8c65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Love mine but getting juice seep when I fill above the top of the chamber. If I stay below, zero leaks.

Really sucks that the orings dont work at the top of the chamber. It's a great vape....just another leaky POS.

Any links to better o rings/sizes would be appreciated.

Last edited:

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
Just got around to trying this thing out. Put a 24ga twisted SS coil reading .229 in the single deck. Not bad, considering this is my first rebuildable. It feels a little hot at 45 watts. Getting some juice on my tongue. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but the flavor and vapor are there.
20170204_205509.jpg
20170204_213449[1].jpg

Not sure why the screen looks like that, its perfect. Maybe just how the camera sees it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread