Augvape Merlin Mini By Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
Gotta say, this tank isnt for me. I know im knew to rebuilding, but I catch on quick(and im now loving RTA's!), but after being up all night wicking and rewicking, loosening the cap and relieving pressure, I just cant get this to work. No leaks whatsoever, but ill be darned if I can hit longer than 2 seconds without juice hitting my lip or tongue and burning the **** out of me. Not gonna talk it down, will blame it 100% on me so not to distract anyone else from trying it. But ill move on, to what I dont know, I like the 24mm size, wish it held more juice but I could easily deal with that. The search is on, and though ill keep using my bb and bbb, im looking for another RTA. Thanks for breaking me in guys!!

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Gotta say, this tank isnt for me. I know im knew to rebuilding, but I catch on quick(and im now loving RTA's!), but after being up all night wicking and rewicking, loosening the cap and relieving pressure, I just cant get this to work. No leaks whatsoever, but ill be darned if I can hit longer than 2 seconds without juice hitting my lip or tongue and burning the **** out of me. Not gonna talk it down, will blame it 100% on me so not to distract anyone else from trying it. But ill move on, to what I dont know, I like the 24mm size, wish it held more juice but I could easily deal with that. The search is on, and though ill keep using my bb and bbb, im looking for another RTA. Thanks for breaking me in guys!!
Hey @pahick. Send some pics/more detail of ur build, I'm sure everyone here can chip in to sort whatever ur problem might be, so long as it's not the vacuum issue problem some tanks seem to be plagued with (which doesn't sound like ur issue?).

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Have you seen this, Authentic OBS Engine NANO RTA Silver 5.3ml 25mm Rebuildable Atomizer

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
Hey @pahick. Send some pics/more detail of ur build, I'm sure everyone here can chip in to sort whatever ur problem might be, so long as it's not the vacuum issue problem some tanks seem to be plagued with (which doesn't sound like ur issue?).

Thanks, but im pretty sure its a pressure issue. After the first hit, you can see air bubbles trapped at the wick holes. Loosen the top and the air bubbles rise. Honestly, I hate to say this, but at this point I feel its crap. Maybe its me, I doubt it, but im done pissing with it.

Raizo III

Jan 14, 2017
Yup, saw it. Its a good bit taller than the Merlin Mini, I was looking for something shorter. But I might end up with one.
Ive had the same issue before, changed my build from an alien to a spaced fused clapton then thinned out just the tip of my ends. Havent had a problem since. Although ive put down my merlin for the troll rta.

Reactions: pahick

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Just got around to trying this thing out. Put a 24ga twisted SS coil reading .229 in the single deck. Not bad, considering this is my first rebuildable. It feels a little hot at 45 watts. Getting some juice on my tongue. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but the flavor and vapor are there.
View attachment 633215 View attachment 633217

Not sure why the screen looks like that, its perfect. Maybe just how the camera sees it.
Doing nothing wrong. That's a hiss spitty coil you are using. If you use Max VG it decreases the spitfire....a little.

Let us know of the gold plating comes off.

Reactions: pahick

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
pkxT.jpg

Love.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Hi all, here I share my exp. Merlin Mini is 100% leak if you put top cap back. Its a physic. You cant beat physic , what ever air compressed so it will press the air to escape. But I found upside down technic can cheat that leak.
1. Change the top cap O Ring with your spare, find thinner O Ring so you can put top cap without difficulty. Then lube it when you want to put top cap.

2. After the refill put top cap just for 1 turn. Just enough to seal the liquid but not to close top cap. Then put the atty up side down until all air reach the liquid channel.

3. In the position upside down put top cap completely closed (turn it until full closes) so the pressure just pushing air to juice hole. Then turn the atty back. And thats will be fine.

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
It's maybe a half inch taller and it holds over 5ml. Best tank I ever used so far.

Just ordered the OBS Nano from 3fvape. Until it gets here ill play with this a bit more. I got 2 Alien mods so ill keep vaping on the bb and bbb til I figure it out, if I ever do.

The Merlin Mini sure looks pretty, but thats about all I can give it at the moment. Glad others had better luck.

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
Hi all, here I share my exp. Merlin Mini is 100% leak if you put top cap back. Its a physic. You cant beat physic , what ever air compressed so it will press the air to escape. But I found upside down technic can cheat that leak.
1. Change the top cap O Ring with your spare, find thinner O Ring so you can put top cap without difficulty. Then lube it when you want to put top cap.

2. After the refill put top cap just for 1 turn. Just enough to seal the liquid but not to close top cap. Then put the atty up side down until all air reach the liquid channel.

3. In the position upside down put top cap completely closed (turn it until full closes) so the pressure just pushing air to juice hole. Then turn the atty back. And thats will be fine.

Thanks. As a newbie to rebuildables I want something that just works. Seems like this isnt it. I read so much and tried so many different things, it became a hassle. Seems theres so much pressure build up. Hopefully their future products arent as finicky.

Reactions: Eskie

kelstasy

Dec 9, 2016
Philippines
Ordered the black one, will be here tomorrow to be paired with my black and gold alien. Hope I won't get the leaking issues good to have this thread, happy vaping everyone! Tried the griffin mini 25 taste good but I want more, hope this can satisfy my craving probably use the single coil deck more often new to vaping in order to remove smoking.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Ordered the black one, will be here tomorrow to be paired with my black and gold alien. Hope I won't get the leaking issues good to have this thread, happy vaping everyone! Tried the griffin mini 25 taste good but I want more, hope this can satisfy my craving probably use the single coil deck more often new to vaping in order to remove smoking.
Welcome!
Zero leaking here with easy fill. I don't do anything special. Just unscrew, fill, and recap. There is pressure applied inside the tank but doesnt get passed the wick.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Just ordered the OBS Nano from 3fvape. Until it gets here ill play with this a bit more. I got 2 Alien mods so ill keep vaping on the bb and bbb til I figure it out, if I ever do.

The Merlin Mini sure looks pretty, but thats about all I can give it at the moment. Glad others had better luck.
I would have gotten the Merlin Minis but I heard they don't work for MTL vaping. I only MTL... The OBS Nano works for both styles of vaping. It's great for direct lung and MTL.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Anyone having problems look to the orings or cotton in the juice channels. Have 4 of my family members on these and not one problem. Works great as a lung hitter or mtl. Fantastic little devices.
I've heard that these are no good for MTL. The regular Merlins had to be modified to work MTL. I have them but retired them for the OBS Engine Nano's.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thanks. As a newbie to rebuildables I want something that just works. Seems like this isnt it. I read so much and tried so many different things, it became a hassle. Seems theres so much pressure build up. Hopefully their future products arent as finicky.

I wish the Engines had been available for my first RTAs. Much easier to learn on. However, there are other good tanks out there as well, and learning how to build and wick them is worth the effort. After some successes.

As I posted somewhere else (did it about an hour ago and already forgot where) over the weekend I rewicked 6 tanks. The 2 Engines were a sloppy job with either too much or too little wick. Didn't matter, they both vape just fine. The other 4 I had to pay attention to so I could avoid leaks with use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread