• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Aussie Vapors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mildew

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Oztralia
Hi fellow Aussies,
been lurking here for a little while now.
Thanks to the the info found here & on Whirlpool, I believe I've succesfully kicked the analogues with the help of E-cigs (obviously still addicted to nicotine but gee I feel better)!
I did like many and ordered a 510 starter kit and some juice from Heaven-Gifts.
I only had 10 analogues left when I got the kit and made them last a couple of days while playing with vaping, then imstead of buying a carton like normal I ordered another starter kit and some more flavours of juice.
I hit vaping pretty hard then and must have over done it with the 24mg juices because instead of my taste buds returning as they do when you quit smoking, everything I vaped started to taste the same (like crap!).
If I hadn't already placed the second order I may have pulled the pin on e-cigs then and there. I really wanted this to work though so stuck with it.
A trip to the health section at Woolies netted some Glycerine which I used to cut the juice (about 50/50) - after a few more days I could taste the (now weakened) flavours again.
I've since cut back to 18mg VG and 12mg PG juices and its pretty enjoyable now and if I want a good throat hit I vape some 24mg Menthol which doesn't seem to affect the taste buds.
Since starting I've ordered 4 times from HG and twice from StrictlyE-Juice and havn't spent anywhere what I normally would on analogues - I have enough gear to last some time and plenty of juices (although some some flavours will be a last resort!).
I've not had an analogue for 5 weeks and my body is thanking me - after 30 years a smoker I just hope it's not too late..
- Dirk

tcillc

Jan 22, 2010
Melbourne
Nice one Mildew!

I feel the same after quitting analogues. Smoke free since Feb 1 :)

I did crave for analogues when I started vaping, but I was firm with my decision and did not buy a pack. Almost 4 weeks on and now I don't even think of it. Just busy with charging batteries and filling my carts.

Getting my nicotine fix wherever I want, whenever I want. I am a happy punter now!!

I've just placed my order with healthcabin.net cause heavenly gifts is out of stock of most of the parts I wanted.
I (stupidly) ended up going all out because I got analysis paralysis when trying to decide between the 510 and 901 so I just got both sets hehe. I can't help myself when it comes to gadgets with extra's – I turn into a kid.

Here's what I ordered:
Stainless JOYE510 Starter kit(Manual)
5pc Black empty cartridges(flat mouth piece) for JOYE510
Stainless Manual Switch Passthrough for JOYE510
Universal USB Charger
Glossy black DSE901 Starter Kit
Glossy Black Atomizer for DSE901
5pc Black Empty Cartridges(flat mouth piece) for DSE901
30ml E-juice/E-Liquid with 45 popular flavors – Flavor – caramel
30ml E-juice/E-Liquid with 45 popular flavors – Flavor – Rum
30ml E-juice/E-Liquid with 45 popular flavors – Flavor – Cherry
5pc Black empty cartridges(round mouth piece) for JOYE510
C01 black leatherette case for DSE901
C33 Black Case for M series&JOYE510

I know I may have gone overboard to start with but I don't care. With the flavours I thought I'd cover 3 categories to find a flavour I like. Desserts, Fruits and Booze.

Does HC have about the same delivery time as HG? Any chance I could get these by Fri or is early next work a more realistic expectation for delivery?

If it's anything like HG you're best luck would be Monday I'd say.
You got a nice little setup there you'll have a field day!!
Let me know how the rum goes.. I used to smoke Port Royal and the rum taste is really all I miss about sparking up.

Yeah will do. I used to always have a pack of port royals or captain black cherry cigars lying around for somethin a little different when I was a smoker.

I actually got all ejuices in 0mg as I haven't smoked analogs for 5yrs nor do I intend to restart but Ive missed the social aspect of smoking and the actual mechanical habit and I thought this would be great.

Guessologist

Feb 7, 2010
Australia
Got my new set of gear from HG. Joye v3 is a neat little jigger, but I made some poor choices with my flavours. Turns out I'm not a fan of dekang RY4, I find it tastes like burnt sugar, pretty close to offensive actually. Looks like the American guys have some wierd tastes. It's a shame, I have about a months straight vaping worth of it! Anyone know what flavours I might mix it with to fix it? On the other hand, the peanut butter is pretty good, as well as the mocha coffee and watermelon although the flavours aren't that pronounced. The malboro I got is kind of ok, it'll take a bit of playing with to get it just right.

I would have bought HG out of cappuccino flavour if they had it in stock... Might try my luck with the strictlyejuice coffee flavours later. The stickied 'suppliers who will ship to AU' thread is a great new resource.

Perpuk

Jan 10, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I quite like RY4, but not all the time. I find my tastes change a lot and something I like one day I will avoid the next. At the moment it just dosn't taste right, but Hilton tastes fine.

You could try mixing the RY4 with another tobacco flavour like MLB or maybe cutting it with a little glycerol to tone it down. Maybe mix a little RY4 with Peanut Butter and see what you get.

I also like 555 which is very "nutty", TAB & Hilton. The Camel is OK, but I find the MLB is not too good -rather bland and a bit yuk. I am using up my MLB by using it as a mixer with other flavourings.

MrDismal

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Australia, Melbourne
I love the Ry4! Your right tho, it does taste like burnt sugar.. but it's something I like the taste of.

Any one have ideas as to what Dr. Pepper i could mix with? It tastes very medicinal on it's own. not bad mixed with Red Bull. I wouldn't mind getting some Cola to try too. Anyone know what the cola is like?

Perpuk

Jan 10, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I have no idea what Dr Pepper tastes like. Medicinal - is it like a cough lolly? Maybe you stick some menthol in it and save it for when you have a cold.

Seriously, I am on the tail end of a really bad cold. All I could tolerate for a while was diluted menthol & EcoPure Fresh and I don't particularly like menthol. I am now able to handle Hilton but am still vaping my Menthol now mixed with a tobacco flavour. Next week I hope to be back to normal.

I think I noticed a "Mentholyptus" flavour somewhere (Totally Wicked maybe?) and am seriously considering stocking something like this for the next time I get a cold!

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
I love the Ry4! Your right tho, it does taste like burnt sugar.. but it's something I like the taste of.

Any one have ideas as to what Dr. Pepper i could mix with? It tastes very medicinal on it's own. not bad mixed with Red Bull. I wouldn't mind getting some Cola to try too. Anyone know what the cola is like?

Cola tastes like ummmmmm Cola!! It's one of my occasional vapes. I like it but couldn't vape it all day. It's actually a lot like the no name cola you get at Woollies. Even has the same after taste that you get from drinking cola!!

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
wow... well those sound like promising posts! lol. Never thought I'd ever even consider buying menthol... but I have seen a lot of people talk about mixing menthol with other flavours. Any flavours go good with it? Which ones?

For me I mix menthol with most tobacco flavours to give better TH. I have mixed it with various other flavours with mixed results.

Spearmint, Double Mint, Apple, lemon and watermelon were good.

I am going to try chocolate (not Dekang), strawberry and blueberry next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread