Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I truly believe it's authentic, I just don't understand why a company with the reputation and respect Svoe Mesto has, wouldn't have their website together better. And my initial thought was that maybe CdV unknowingly received clones somehow if it was. I never had it in my mind that they were scamming or anything.

In any event, the resistance thing did happen again after all that. So I took it all apart and gave everything a visual inspection and clean up. Everything looked fine. So I put it all back together and so far so good. Nothing felt loose at all, but my resistance was a little lower than before, on the same coil, and it seems to be more stable when I remove and replace the atomiser. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if it's settled now.
The resistance with NKFL could fluctuate if the plastic AFC screw is [so very]slightly protruding. Just give it a half turn or so inwards ~ and it should start working fine.

Ps.: And yes, welcome to the most fascinating rta of the plane[t].

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Currently rebuilding one.

As I’m building, I keep thinking over and over how easy it is for me, and how a beginner might struggle.

As I installed my coil, I realized that I couldn’t remember if anyone had mentioned a certain trick.

If the wick droops or touches the deck, juice has an opportunity to get into the airflow...and to avoid that, I use the coil legs themselves to keep the wick off the deck.

I accomplish this by wrapping the coil leg around the outside of one (just one) of the deck hooks (the little arms that stick up next to the deck screws, shaped like an upside-down “L” or a right-side up “7”)...I don’t do both, but have no scientific reasoning not to...other than a suspicion that it MIGHT increase resistance due to coil leg length.

Here’s a picture (I’ll apologize for my lack of photography skills):
aaf009fa8f42a9ce1b63457f90ef5e6b.jpg

Then I just tuck the cotton into the well, and that “outside” coil leg keeps it in place, and off the deck!
16f2fcdfe88dabed2fbb5af07592a713.jpg

I can upload more/better photos, if these turned out poorly!

Sorry if this is redundant info, but I try to treat each build as if I’m showing a newbie how to get it perfectly situated.

Last edited:

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
United States
The resistance with NKFL could fluctuate if the plastic AFC screw is [so very]slightly protruding. Just give it a half turn or so inwards ~ and it should start working fine.

Ps.: And yes, welcome to the most fascinating rta of the plane[t].

It's almost all the way in. I like the tight draw, so I close it all the way off and just back it out a little bit. So there's plenty of space from the end of the positive post to the set screw. Thank you though.

Last edited:

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Dusted off the old Prime. Haven’t used it in a long time since I got the new Lite. My goodness it seems to big nowadays. And I remember when I first got it in 2017 it seemed so small.

The new Lite has us spoilt with its compact size and functionality. Such an elegant little tank compared to some of the kayfuns from years ago.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Dusted off the old Prime. Haven’t used it in a long time since I got the new Lite. My goodness it seems to big nowadays. And I remember when I first got it in 2017 it seemed so small.

The new Lite has us spoilt with its compact size and functionality. Such an elegant little tank compared to some of the kayfuns from years ago.
I still use my Prime. Vapes great!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yep. Still a terrific tank no doubt. Smooth airflow and flavour still wonderful.
I do prefer top fill but it's not like it's that much better than bottom fill. I'd rather not have the exterior air flow either. And the Prime is small capacity vs longmode on the 19. But the Prime still vapes great. As good as any of the Kayfuns if not the best.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
We talking Primes? Might be my favorite KFL if I had to pick a favorite. The KFL2019 is a nice size on the Dani mini though.

One for dress up with the Wave tank, and one for capacity with the extension tank.

And those 'beauty rings' from Creme de Vape just add such a nice look sitting on top of the full size Dani

IMG_8767.JPG

Asha

Mar 20, 2020
Hi guys, have been reading through this forum, learn a lot for my beloved kayfun lite 2019.
I also using steam tuners kit topfil, Imo it's good kit.
However, I also read on this thread that for the dome kit extension.. it will give more cooler vape feel, is it true? Because I do feel this kfl has a warm vape.
I am even using TC with nife wire to limit the temp.
Anyway.. need your feedback before I invest to dome kit. Thank you

-SMT-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Hawaii
Its been years since i been on the site here...still love my kayfum mini3..but its getting old..time for a new Kayfun..

Can you recommend one of the newer ones thats vapes as well as the kfm3.....I was looking at the Prime or the KF lite. Definately like a tight MTL vape and use high nic.

Thx

Andy N

Nov 2, 2015
Ann Arbor
Hi guys, have been reading through this forum, learn a lot for my beloved kayfun lite 2019.
I also using steam tuners kit topfil, Imo it's good kit.
However, I also read on this thread that for the dome kit extension.. it will give more cooler vape feel, is it true? Because I do feel this kfl has a warm vape.
I am even using TC with nife wire to limit the temp.
Anyway.. need your feedback before I invest to dome kit. Thank you
What ohm coil you using? I don't know about the dome but I started out at .88 and it was warm/hot. I'm now using 1,3 and it's a pleasant vape.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Its been years since i been on the site here...still love my kayfum mini3..but its getting old..time for a new Kayfun..

Can you recommend one of the newer ones thats vapes as well as the kfm3.....I was looking at the Prime or the KF lite. Definately like a tight MTL vape and use high nic.

Thx
Hey SMT. Both the Prime and KFL19 will give you a similar vape vs the KFM3. From there, it's a matter of what is important to you.

Prime has an external airflow. KFL19 has internal. Some like the ease of adjusting airflow on the Prime. Harder on the FKL19 cuz you have to adjust from the bottom. Personally, I prefer the KFL19. How often do you have to change airflow?? Plus it takes less room which helps make the KFL19 more compact. Prime is top fill. KFL19 is bottom fill. I prefer top fill but it isn't a killer to do bottom fill either. Again, with no juice control, it allows the KFL19 to be even more compact. The KFL19 has a longmode kit that will increase the juice capacity. I think the Prime has an extension too but not sure of its availability anymore.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

Thx

I second everything Bronze says below!

Hey SMT. Both the Prime and KFL19 will give you a similar vape vs the KFM3. From there, it's a matter of what is important to you.

Prime has an external airflow. KFL19 has internal. Some like the ease of adjusting airflow on the Prime. Harder on the FKL19 cuz you have to adjust from the bottom. Personally, I prefer the KFL19. How often do you have to change airflow?? Plus it takes less room which helps make the KFL19 more compact. Prime is top fill. KFL19 is bottom fill. I prefer top fill but it isn't a killer to do bottom fill either. Again, with no juice control, it allows the KFL19 to be even more compact. The KFL19 has a longmode kit that will increase the juice capacity. I think the Prime has an extension too but not sure of its availability anymore.

I’d also like to add:
The KFL-19 is capable of tighter airflow than the Prime. So you can really fine tune the KFL-19 all the way down to ZERO airflow, whereas the Prime has a bottom setting and that’s as low as you can go...

Personally I find the Prime is not capable of giving me the MTL airflow I prefer, but it DOES give me the restricted lung hit airflow I like, so it still stays in my rotation.

SteamTuners has an AWESOME top fill kit for the KFL-19, although top-filling isn’t a deal breaker for this Kayfun.

However, I DO have that Top-Fill Kit on every one of my KFL-19’s...its a convenience thing for me.

Overall, owning all three atomizers mentioned (KFM-3, Prime, KFL-19), I’d say the KFM-3 and Prime are closer to each other in capability. The KFL-19 is simply capable of tighter airflow.

All three vape as perfectly as you’d expect a Kayfun to vape!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
fantastic thx for the inside info on the replies.

Which of the 2 (lite/prime) would you say the wicking is easiest/more forgiving...my km3 is finicky if it isnt wicked just right...

A toss up.

THIS

All Kayfuns wick equally easy...though I have noticed that some like more cotton than others...and I wick them so automatically now that I can’t remember which ones do.

But, the overall trend is: They’re Kayfuns.

It will speak to you very clearly and let you know how much cotton it likes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread