Batteries that don't die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
I have a gold battery that is almost 9 months old, and the old girl is still going strong! She kind of needs a face lift though. I have high acid in my skin and it's eaten through the paint enough for the silver to start showing through where I hold it. Might have to look at those skins :) I want a pink one but wonder if the silver will come through even sooner.

Anyone successfully spruced up an aging battery looks-wise? Should I coat with clear nail polish future batteries to buffer my acidic skin?

My Hendu battery that's 9ish months old is still working fabulously, and ofc since it has no paint looks brand new!

What's the longest you guys have had a Smokestik battery live? Most the other brands seem to last 3 months at the most.

Just wow on an amazing product that outlives its skin lol.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thank you Biomom!

I'm glad your happy with your SmokeStik batteries....

but lets be honest.....SmokeStik has the same quality control issues everyone else does. Just not nearly as much. :) However.....even at the low failure rate we have.....it is still perfectly possible to order a SmokeStik kit and get a DOA battery. How can this happen you ask? Well frankly.....I don't know. What I do know is that all you have to do is call....or send an email.....and you will get no hassle, no BS replacements for DOA products. Yes of course we ask you to return your faulty product...but I promise you...you wont be waiting weeks to recieve a replacement like some companies. And YES....even ECF members qualify for the lifetime warranty on batteries. As long as you are purchasing cartomizers from us at a rate of 15 or more every 6 weeks....that is part of what you pay for when you buy SmokeStik cartomizers. That and the fact that they can be used longer and harder than any other carto of it's kind on the market today. So in short...to address the usual ECF complaint....."why are your cartos so expensive"....the short answer is cheap does not equal value.

We don't claim to be perfect...just better.....and of course....better looking. :p

Thank you Biomom for giving me the opportunity to drag out my soupbox....you know how I love that!!! :laugh:

alchemiss

Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
I have a gold battery that is almost 9 months old, and the old girl is still going strong! She kind of needs a face lift though. I have high acid in my skin and it's eaten through the paint enough for the silver to start showing through where I hold it. Might have to look at those skins :) I want a pink one but wonder if the silver will come through even sooner.

Anyone successfully spruced up an aging battery looks-wise? Should I coat with clear nail polish future batteries to buffer my acidic skin?

My Hendu battery that's 9ish months old is still working fabulously, and ofc since it has no paint looks brand new!

What's the longest you guys have had a Smokestik battery live? Most the other brands seem to last 3 months at the most.

Just wow on an amazing product that outlives its skin lol.

My original two have lasted me a year and a half! No sign of wearing down either :)
I got the older white ones in my starter kit and over time have found ways to make them look more interesting.. the attached pic shows my "cinnamon stik" - this was done with pink hair dye to stain the white, then markers, then covered with a single layer of tape (scotch tape in this case).
alchemiss-albums-pics-posts-picture39835-cinnamon-stik.jpg

Not sure how well the surface of the newer, more metallic batteries will hold marker - but you might try a thin layer of acrylic paint and then once you get a design you like, cover it to keep the new paint from wearing off. You could even give it an all-over acrylic base and then draw on top of that.

If you're not sure how it'll look and want to experiment, you could always test out your ideas on a ball-point pen :)

Last edited:

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
My original two have lasted me a year and a half! No sign of wearing down either :)
I got the older white ones in my starter kit and over time have found ways to make them look more interesting.. the attached pic shows my "cinnamon stik" - this was done with pink hair dye to stain the white, then markers, then covered with a single layer of tape (scotch tape in this case).
alchemiss-albums-pics-posts-picture39835-cinnamon-stik.jpg

Not sure how well the surface of the newer, more metallic batteries will hold marker - but you might try a thin layer of acrylic paint and then once you get a design you like, cover it to keep the new paint from wearing off. You could even give it an all-over acrylic base and then draw on top of that.

If you're not sure how it'll look and want to experiment, you could always test out your ideas on a ball-point pen :)

That's pretty awesome!

My daughter is talented with a paint brush and customized a case for me using acrylics, and it's holding up fairly well in the purse abyss of abuse with a good coat of clear nail polish.

I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with my gold battery while still preserving the Smoke Stik logo. This does give some more ideas though.

Thanks for sharing!

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Patrick posted about this in another thread.....I think I will have to try a spray on fixative myself and see how it works....I am thinking maybe they even make a spray on topcoat for fingernails?

also.....try googling fingernail art.....they make all kinds of great decals and stick on sparklies that can be used. :)

http://www.nailsmag.com/photogallery/30054/all-tatted-up-a-tattoo-nail-art-gallery

oh right....the metal batteries......they are not going to hold any type of marker or paint....but MIGHT hold a decal.....I suggest carefully cleaning them first with nail polish remover....just a drop on a cotton ball.....to clean the surface.....then try your water application decal or a glue backed sticker. ALl the markings on the Hendu and Pitbull are cut with a laser engraver....so no paint is going to stick...they are solid stainless steel.

Last edited:

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
very nice!!!! thanks for the photo. What exactly did you use?

Revlon Metallic (gold) and a clear coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails [with nylon] (I've had this sitting around for a while).

I let the gold dry overnight and should have left the clear coat dry overnight (got a little blemish putting in the case).

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Yes, they are great batteries... :) I have a few gold and white ones, along with 2 PitBulls.... None have died yet, and I have had most of them for months. Even though I'm a mod-maniac, I enjoy using the SS batts & cartos at least a few times a week. ;) The PB's are my favorites to take out on the town with me....

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Yes, they are great batteries... :) I have a few gold and white ones, along with 2 PitBulls.... None have died yet, and I have had most of them for months. Even though I'm a mod-maniac, I enjoy using the SS batts & cartos at least a few times a week. ;) The PB's are my favorites to take out on the town with me....

THANK YOU!!! We sincerely appreciate it when an experienced user validates that there is a place for almost all ecig products. There is no perfect ecig.....and like you pointed out....there are times and places when simplicity and style are what you want. I can't imagine being seen in public using some of the equipment I have at home...LOL. just sayin':facepalm:

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
I am STILL babying and enjoying my gold battery, even more now knowing it's one of the last ones in existence! The orange lit multi-faceted CZ just is so amazing and unduplicated!

The Hendu and Pitbull batts are my workhorses, and I want to thank Smoke Stik for the awesome deal I just got on a bulk package order of cartomizers! You guys rock! I tell everyone that Smoke Stik has the highest quality available and probably the best bet for converting people.

I am hoping to enter the Halloween contest soon. I think I want 3rd place hehe :) Lorikay, can you treat us to a Halloween picture of your amazing ratty? We used to have rats, until I had my 1st asthma attack while cleaning their cage :( -- sooo allergic. They are so smart and full of personality, and people have no idea!

BTW, I haven't been around much because I just haven't been vaping so much... too long since inhaling analogs and whatever crazy additives are in there. I can go many days without vaping if I'm busy, but I still enjoy it for recreation or during some high stress days. FDA should be focusing on what makes the cancer sticks so addictive (and leave e-cigs alone), because clearly to me nicotine by itself just does not produce the same cravings /shrug.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Biomom....thank you so much for that statement. Nicotine addiction is a very complex thing.....when I started talking to SmokeStik customers I would hear people say..."oh...I don't need all that nicotine...I don't think I am really addicted to the nicotine...it's the hand to mouth motion and the ritual I am addicted to". I thought....ya....right.....typical addict denial. But after awhile I realized these people knew their own bodies best.....and they were right. Research has proven that the human brain is hard wired with nicotine pathways.....and there are different levels of addiction. The biggest thing that has been discovered....YOU CAN BE ADDICTED TO SMOKING AND NOT BE ADDICTED TO NICOTINE.

It's one of the things Steve and I do every day is try and help people figure that out. Every one is different. And it's also the reason we don't sell anything higher than 16mg. We want you to enjoy the SmokeStik...yes....but we do not want to encourage a deeper level of addiction. I get some customers that tell me right up front....I want off these things as fast as possible...I dont want to be a SMokeStik customer for the rest of my life. And I tell those people...Good for you! How can I help you do that?.

Biomom I wish there was a way people could tell there stories directly to the powers that be and have them taken seriously. Participating in clinical trials would certainly help but probably not realistic for most of us. So I guess in reality the best we can all do is stay respectful of peoples fears and try and educate them. Thanks for posting this Biomom.....and also thanks for the reminder.....you don't have to vape to participate at ECF!!!! If you have managed to quit vaping ...good for you!!!! We want to hear about that too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread