Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Everyone on here told me I was using cheap batteries that wud bolw up and wudnt fully pull my hex ohm. So I ordered Sony 30amp vct4 2100mah from mooch. I did what everyone said and checked mooch. Did I order the right batteries? Mooch says they are 40amp 2100mah.

7db6b811304c12c9ea207eeb0121c5bb.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gia0023

Mar 20, 2018
Thank for the info about it being a rewrap. Thr Aegis put the 26650 in the box and I had the mod for 9 months and battery is still going strong. I don’t recall mooch saying the G30 was a rewrap but I may have missed it. 2 models got good reviews so for free I took it.

I’m not a noob. I buy all my batteries from the top 5 battery guys and never from a vape site. I have 11 married pairs of Vtc5a, 3 pairs Vtc6, 1 pair Samsung 30Q and 10 individuals for single mods- VTC5A, vtc6, Samsung 25r (I hated in duals so I use for smaller mods now).
And a Golisi (aegis) and I Joy 26650 I bought from RTD among others.

I’m new posting here but been reading for a year but, on my bodybuilding message boards I been on for 19 years we don’t assume when we respond to a post. We are helpful and respectful. And these are guys worth 20x your test level. Your post was a little insulting...implying I’m a noob and I buy, in your opinion bad batteries and don’t know the top 4 or 5 vendors to buy from.
I just wanted info on that model- not a lecture on where to buy batteries.
Do you have proof it’s a rewrap? That would be helpful.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Your post was a little insulting...implying I’m a noob and I buy, in your opinion bad batteries and don’t know the top 4 or 5 vendors to buy from.
Knowing @Topwater Elvis as I do, I don't believe he meant to be insulting or was implying anything at all. He was merely saying that general knowledge is that any 18650 battery not branded as an Lg, Samsung, Panasonic/Sanyo, or Sony/Murata is a rewrap or is a rewrap company using a Chinese-made battery.

Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded or Aftermarket) Battery?

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Thank for the info about it being a rewrap. Thr Aegis put the 26650 in the box and I had the mod for 9 months and battery is still going strong. I don’t recall mooch saying the G30 was a rewrap but I may have missed it. 2 models got good reviews so for free I took it.

I’m not a noob. I buy all my batteries from the top 5 battery guys and never from a vape site. I have 11 married pairs of Vtc5a, 3 pairs Vtc6, 1 pair Samsung 30Q and 10 individuals for single mods- VTC5A, vtc6, Samsung 25r (I hated in duals so I use for smaller mods now).

I’m new posting here but been reading for a year but, on my bodybuilding message boards I been on for 19 years we don’t assume when we respond to a post. We are helpful and respectful. And these are guys worth 20x your test level. Your post was a little insulting...implying I’m a noob and I buy, in your opinion bad batteries and don’t know the top 4 or 5 vendors to buy from.
He wasn't being insulting. He asked a valid question....if you're so educated about batteries, you'd know that there's very few companies that actually MAKE batteries. The rest are rewraps.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Knowing @Topwater Elvis as I do, I don't believe he meant to be insulting or was implying anything at all. He was merely saying that general knowledge is that any 18650 battery not branded as an Lg, Samsung, Panasonic/Sanyo, or Sony/Murata is a rewrap or is a rewrap company using a Chinese-made battery.
Why does everybody keep thinking Aspire are rewrap batteries? Even after Busardo's long video. :facepalm:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Does it even matter that much what Aspire is or isn't because I do believe that the Aspire battery kind of sucks (although I am also led to believe that there MAY be certain special things about it (possibly) but it still really sucks though and I don't say that much about Aspire stuff frankly.

And it's not like Aspire makes ONLY MTL stuff, so for many of their OWN applications, it somewhat SUCKS and is dangerous.

I don't really care if something is a rewrap or not, I just want to know it is CONSISTENT if so (hard to do) and that is also doesn't SUCK completely. Etc.

Anna

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
They may suck, but not one has blown up and are the only battery manufactured for vapers. They even sample test them by drilling a hole in them making sure they don't go nuclear on you. :)

I know vapers don't want safer batteries. They want high performers that can explode without warning which the manufacture warns do not use in e-cigarettes. I know it is sad and more legs and faces are going to continue to be shown in the news and the masses are going to blame it all on the e-cigarette. Then the government is going to step in and outlaw them claiming they are unsafe. :(

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
They may suck, but not one has blown up and are the only battery manufactured for vapers. They even sample test them by drilling a hole in them making sure they don't go nuclear on you. :)

I know vapers don't want safer batteries. They want high performers that can explode without warning which the manufacture warns do not use in e-cigarettes. I know it is sad and more legs and faces are going to continue to be shown in the news and the masses are going to blame it all on the e-cigarette. Then the government is going to step in and outlaw them claiming they are unsafe. :(
We've been through this BS before. There aren't any batteries manufactured for vapers.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

I didn’t read a lecture there but then I'm used to TE. Hard not to make assumptions when comments are in print with no facial expressions or eye contact is involved isn't it?

Welcome to the ECF community btw.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Why does everybody keep thinking Aspire are rewrap batteries? Even after Busardo's long video. :facepalm:
This has been discussed ad nauseum with you multiple times in the past by Mooch, myself, and a host of others. Why do you keep bringing the subject up over and over when you already know what the response will be?

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK know if they are special, tested specially or not (I can't quite see how they'd be manufactured specially, although perhaps Aspire is claiming some sort of special testing process, IDK but I'm FAIRLY certain I didn't get the press release concerning them acquiring a battery manufacturing plant, which if they did, I bet they'd say something, I mean if *I* even acquired a battery manufacturing plant *I* would say something.

But even if they are somewhat saf(er) even I wouldn't want, in all my MTL-gy goodness, to vape like a 7A battery. 15 (real actual specs) seems safe enough for MOST of my setups although I do have mostly more Amps than that.

So unless Aspire can somehow manage to do the special QC thing named in batteries of higher amperage, well, I think it's somewhat moot and maybe it can ONLY be done with lower amperage, what do I know. But, if that is the case, EVEN IF Aspire's process is SOMEHOW nebulously safer in a way I don't quite get, that "safety" is pretty much limited to very, very low power applications and hence, pretty limited indeed. If they could do this special process (which I'm not entirely sure of but I don't want to argue) for higher amperage batteries, it might have more usefulness.

However, it does not make me thrilled with Aspire's decision to sell batteries, it just really doesn't.

Anna

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama

Actually accidents or misuse, however you like to call it, has become less prevalent. Now this may be due to more knowledge, safer mods, and/or safer batteries. I personally think it has to do more with mods providing what people want/need and helps push people away from mechs.

Nothing wrong with mechs but with many not understanding how to use or ignoring, then false labeling of batteries and/or fakes, it created a large problem. I love my mechs by the way and we may see a resurgence of problems with the cheap single battery sqounk trend.

In the end though, no battery is made for vapers and if you look, the companies that say they do are located in China. Now that doesn't mean they are a bad company but they are a company that cannot be sued. There is no legal recourse for a consumer if they have a problem with a device or are injured by it.

I don't fully believe Aspire makes their own batteries, they are subcontracting to a factory and supposedly overseeing production and quality control. That still doesn't mean they are actually making them. A good example would be Hohm Tech, they rent floor space inside a factory but do not own it.

I'm not going to say if they are good or bad batteries, just like not all re-wraps are bad but I know not all are good. The big problem is a re-wrapper may not be using the same battery all the time, they use what they can get but don't change the pre-printed labeling. Efest at one time was buying from multiple companies and relabeling all the models the same, not good.

Vapers (one's with sense) want safer gear but most importantly we want honest companies. We are tired of the false advertising. If companies would run more transparently about what a product is and can honestly do we'd all be better off. That's why we see a big difference in the power ratings of mods made in countries where they can be sued, like the US and companies operating out of places where they are safe like China.

In the end it all comes down to one thing....legality. Proper battery companies will not say they make a safe vape battery or even an end user battery. They would be open to too many lawsuits as well as more regulation, which costs money. These batteries were designed for electronics, to be bought by manufacturers and sealed inside of devices.

If a company states they are making their own batteries, then look to see if a new factory has opened. Check the name of the factory against other products and manufacturers. If you do, you'll soon see that there are very limited places that are making batteries. It is a costly, dirty, dangerous and expensive business. Not just anyone can just start making batteries, aside from the knowledge side, the components are highly regulated in large quantities, even in China.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Efficient cells are the backbone of the portable electronics industry. It's an industry that will continue to grow over the years and technology will increase in the battery market. Hopefully, we will look back on our current cells as rather primitive compared to what will come out of advanced cell technology and improved processes and quality control.

My first eGo pen vape refused to accept a charge one day and I opened it up to see if it had a broken wire or a faulty solder joint. Inside the glued together case I found a small metal 2" long cell about the size of a large soda straw wrapped in clear shrink wrap with foam rubber inside. All that time I had assumed that the cell inside filled the case. We've come a long way from the early eGo. I hope to see cells in the future that are safe and will last for days of vaping without a recharge.

ETA: the eGo I pulled apart was a 2010 model. Lets hope they have better cells inside in 2018.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
We've been through this BS before. There aren't any batteries manufactured for vapers.
Then why did Tony (I think that is the owner's name of Aspire) spend all of that money in a controlling interested and changed the way how the Yongdeli Battery Company made their batteries for? Why spend millions on a company to just rewrap them anyway? That makes no sense to me.

And Aspire lists the specs for vaping, performing tests to insure their batteries are safer for vaping. Geez they even test by drilling through a cell and insure their batteries won't explode in your mod. How much safer can you manufacture batteries that won't explode in high heat and won't blow by shorting the plates together with a drill bit? That is far different than other battery companies. Nor does other companies test them in mods either.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
So far, I've never had a drill fly out of nowhere and impale itself into my mod.
It comes down to using what you're comfortable with. If it's Aspire batteries, go for it. Aspire is a smart company. Batteries have been the hot topic for years. It's a brilliant business strategy to capitalize on the need for safe batteries. It would've been even more brilliant to go through all that effort and come out with a great battery .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread