Status
Not open for further replies.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Hey guys... I've been thinking about getting a GG. Mainly, the Stealth. I'm not a fan of huge mods... anyways - what are the UFS, iAtty, Odysseus? Can anyone explain in laymans terms? And the rethreader being sold on COV?

I've used so many mods and figured... well, this is one I haven't gotten my paws on yet but all these accessories and parts make me want to have a seizure. I just don't have the time in my day to read threads that are 150+ pages long. Anyone willing to cliffnote all this stuff for me? I'll give you some cookies... :D

Serpent67

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Smoky Mountains
Hello Loft.

GGTS definately not big mod IMO.

Same length of mine evo phone using a 18650 ( 5") and slightly larger diameter of US nickel.

Stealth 2.750" length and same diameter.

UFS is uninterupted feed system configurable tank system utilizing commercial cartomizers and atomizers.

Iatty is first model of rebuildable atomizer and multi configurable tank system together.

Odysseus is the second model of Iatty with even more options of configuration and improvements by Imeo

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
If you get a stealth, you lose out on a lot of features, imo, that really make the GG line shine. I would go GGTS if you are a serious vapor, and they can be had for a few more $. But well worth it.

Best thing about the GGTS is dropping in an 18350 and going into "small" mode. Incredibly small with a UFS (in shorty mode and a drip tip) on it even. I don't mind "big" mods @ home and will drop in an 18650 or 2xCR2 for 6v and full size GGTS with full size UFS. Thats what is great about a GGTS, it's versatility (size, batts, atomizers, tank(s), air control, fuse protection, magnet switches, etc).

I have/had a Stealth. It turned into a GGTS. The top cap just sits there on my desk with a 510 on it in case I feel like dripping. But if I really want to drip, I would rather use a 901 or 510 in my GGTS because of the air control and the fact I get NO juice leakage because of the reservoir that atomizer sits in. Plus it is still almost as small as a Stealth.

10 months ago, I was on the fence about a GG...in fact I was against GG's. I mean it's an expensive battery holder right! Then I scored an aluminum GGTS/AVS from Para on a whim, cause I wanted to see what the fuss was about and his price was fair. It started my madness. I still have that one, love it, and keep it just to for 901s in the AVS tank or a light carry about dripping mod.

MAlzado

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
USA
Hey Loftie,
(Okay first, by your standards, (and mine) the GGTS is a big mod. But you can use any combination of batteries short of 24 volt deep cycle marine. More importantly, it allows you to use the UFS, which is in my opinion, the single greatest advancement in the history of vaping.)
How do you plan to use the Stealth ? Carts, dripping, tank, or atomizers, or are you using it with a rebuildable?

IMO, you would be well served to decide first what you want to use on top of it. UFS? Odysseus? iAtty? THEN decide what battery pack you wanna work with. JMHO

The UFS is it that accepts atties or cartos it is the only device I'm aware of that has independently adjustable juice AND air contols. This is also the reason it's head and shoulders above any other device of it's kind. The iAtty and newly released Odysseus, are rebuildables. All 3 of them are among the most sought after items money can buy.

It's just gonna boil down do your vaping style. What do you like to do?

Last edited:

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Hey Loftie,
(Okay first, by your standards, (and mine) the GGTS is a big mod. But you can use any combination of batteries short of 24 volt deep cycle marine. More importantly, it allows you to use the UFS, which is in my opinion, the single greatest advancement in the history of vaping.)
How do you plan to use the Stealth ? Carts, dripping, tank, or atomizers, or are you using it with a rebuildable?

IMO, you would be well served to decide first what you want to use on top of it. UFS? Odysseus? iAtty? THEN decide what battery pack you wanna work with. JMHO
Was planning on dripping but I've been looking into the UFS... which seems like it'd be impossible to get :\

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
I would suggest you buy the full GGTS over the Stealth. You can still make the TS small and use a large variety of battery configurations too. Also with the GGTS you have ADJUSTABLE DRAW which is priceless and a connection that will take 510, 901 and 801's. You can also blow out an atty or carto without removing from the device.

Battery configurations:

Another great feature is that it has telescoping ability to accept an array of different battery configurations, for 3.7v, 6v and 7.4v For example:

Single Batteries - 14500,14650,CR2,CR123A,16340.17340,17500,17670,183 50,18500 and 18650
Double Battery configurations - 15270,16340,17340,14500,CR123A,CR2 and 18650.
The 18650 and 14500 to run double requires an additional purchase of an extension sleeve.

Lastly checkout my signature to see what I prefer.

Another opinion...

From dspin!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
yeppers, the ufs is discontinued....only way to get it is through the classifieds. BUT, the new Odysseus is a combination of the UFS AND iAtty and thensome....its the best of all worlds.... Loft, you also have the option of picking up an already 'available' stealth at CoV.....and then making it a full blown GGTS, if you ever wanted to go that route too...only takes 3 parts, the top tube, telescope and top assembly (full connector with control tank assembly)....what ya wanna do is all dependant on availability at CoV or in the classifieds :)

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Was planning on dripping but I've been looking into the UFS... which seems like it'd be impossible to get :\

The UFS is NOT impossible to get. I have an extra sitting right here, that I have contemplated selling a few times. There are many that have a v1 and a v2, you post a want to buy in the classifieds and someone in the GG family will respond at some point. You may get some high $$ responses, but you might find that there are a lot in the community that will sell one for a reasonable price. The thing is you just need to do a little homework on what you will pay for it it (and any of the extras that may be included with it, like SS mouthpiece etc.) and have a little patience.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Thanks for all the feedback/input. I'll look into it more... maybe in a couple weeks when I can dedicate more time into reading about it.

Lofty, I say get it now and read about it later... :)

If you are in a position to, you really should get the full SSGGTS and a SS Stealth Cap. That way you can try out all configurations and find out which setup is ideal for your vaping needs. If you find that you don't need all the parts, there is always someone in the classifieds looking for GG parts and you should not have any problem selling them. Just my :2c:

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
I'm with the others, the GGTS can be nearly as small as the stealth, and has draw control, You really get the best vapor production being able to control the airflow. Plus you will enjoy the fact that you can tailor the draw to how you like it best. It's worth the extra money IMHO.

UFS is a wonderful device, but you are limited with choices of manufactured atty's and carts, (there will be an Odysseus insert) but I think Odysseus really outshines the UFS and iAtty. It's super simple, the learning curve is easy. and it's far more consistent than UFS (my personal opinion, don't anyone get their undies in a bunch over it.)

Frankly, Odysseus in rebuildable form is far simpler, than wondering why this atty doesn't work as well as that atty, why it isn't working now. Throw all that manufactured atty/cart crap in the trash. Odysseus is WAY cheaper, and I can say with 100% confidence, that no manufactured atty can even come close to competing with my $0.37 coil.

UFS is discontinued because Odysseus is a superior product that does more, with less twisting, fussing, and is far simpler to use. It vapes ultra consistently, mine I can set the cone, and then not touch it again until it's time to refill. UFS I was always twisting, to find the perfect mix. loosen the cap, twist the top, close the airflow. I know some of you can work the UFS like a guru. Me I like the fact that I don't have to mess with anything on Odysseus, and all I do is vape, and the first hit is the same as the last hit. :) I'm UFS impaired, and mine gets no play anymore... it just sits there and stares at me. :)

Best bang for the buck... ODYSSEUS Hands down! :D

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Lofty, I say get it now and read about it later... :)

If you are in a position to, you really should get the full SSGGTS and a SS Stealth Cap. That way you can try out all configurations and find out which setup is ideal for your vaping needs. If you find that you don't need all the parts, there is always someone in the classifieds looking for GG parts and you should not have any problem selling them. Just my :2c:
Hey Vaporologist! Yeah... I don't know. It's not a matter of money. It's more a matter of my patience. Typically I buy a new device when I am frustrated with vaping and I think I need to be at a more "happy" place before I go and buy this - in case it would send me over the deep end lol. When I saw the Stealth at CoV it was more of a "ooh, shiney!" experience that has faded and now I just am tossing the idea around, but don't know for sure. I like simple and hassle free... seems like these can get a bit annoying. Just an observation - I don't know.

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Hey, Rick, the UFS is great, too, else I wouldn't have 5!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, loft, I tried a lot of stuff and this was the best IMO.........easy to use, durable, and the tanks rock!:)

And you can see why I love the I06s in the UFS, too, if you get one........:thumb:

I agree it's great... Like I said, it's the operator who is at fault! For some reason, I could never get my head wrapped around it completely. I'm sure there is a laundry list of things y'all are better at than me :lol:

I am forever greatful to the UFS, as it is what got me involved with the GG family, so therefore it was worth every penny! (It saved my .... many times too ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread