Been thinking about getting a GG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Yeah, when I get a used GGTS I break it down, glan all the pieces and threads, and then rebuild with new orings (the oring store!!!:thumb:) per Zoranth's illustrations. If you haven't printed yourself copies of those, do so, it will explain things so very much better, Zor is frakkin' awesome!!!:thumbs::toast:

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Don't feel bad, it's the first thing I did when I got a UFS was push the center pin out and then destroyed one of the orings... curiosity gets the better of me too ;) at least you didn't just cram it back in there and force it :lol: (Arkansas method)
Oh I did, but the o-ring popped out. I *think* it's slightly torn but I already have another set on the way so that should take care of it.

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis

Just to make sure you get those little o rings in right(very common issue), here's the procedure from the gg wiki-
Replacing the Atty Connector center pole o-rings:

Unscrew polygonal nut(1 on diagram)
Take out the center pin and the polygonal nut out of the delrin connector(4)- no need to remove connector usually
Push out the o-rings from the connector if they are stuck inside (use the center pin)
Clean the o-rings put vaseline on them
Put the polygonal nut onto the center pin
Put the o-rings on the center pin so that the polygonal nut is stuck between the bottom of the center pin and the o-rings
Push the assembly carefully into the connector
Screw the polygonal nut back onto the connector:)
The procedure is the same on the UFS too. O-ring #5 in diagram is no longer used.

Video: Re-installing or replacing GGTS center pin o-rings - YouTube
Golden Greek - E-Cigarette Wiki

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
You can put all things together without having to remove the plastic loft:)
Hey Imeo;

I pulled the center pin out on accident and when trying to push it back through - it pops the o-rings out. I was able to get it to break free though using a rubber bottle opener and it didn't damage the threads on the delrin stop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread