Status
Not open for further replies.

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
Ive owned quite a few mods and spent a small fortune on vaping hardware and accessories. On a daily basis i use my Provari mostly. I have a REO Mini and an Alpha Ultra for when Im going out and dont wanna take the Provari. My question is for people that have owned these mods as well as a GG. Im currently rebuilding a ran-down house I own to get out from under rent so thats where all my money goes and i cant justify spending a lot on another mod when i have these 3 already and no place to call home. (Ive been couch surfing for about a year now to save money for my house). Im happy with the set-ups i have but cant get over the look and following of the GG, UFS, iAtty etc. To the people that own all or some of the mods i listed.....Should i be trying to sell the REO and the Ultra to save up for a GG with an iAtty or UFS?

Titan Vapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
NC
youtu.be
With your current situation I would say get an iAtty for your Provari and save up for the next round of GGTS' or GG4S. GG is the greatest thing to ever happen to vaping and if you look at vaping with a passion and love to come home, sit-down and enjoy a nice relaxing vape and find enjoyment in the pure artistic value and quality craftsmanship of a great looking mod like the GG; then yes you "need a GG" don't put yourself in debt trying to get one start small and buy just the tank and get the mod when you can. Anything Imeo makes will hold it's value and often goes up in value the day after they are released so if things hit the fan your not going to be completely screwed. Good luck on your hunt!

jinoo

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2011
Georgia
Ive owned quite a few mods and spent a small fortune on vaping hardware and accessories. On a daily basis i use my Provari mostly. I have a REO Mini and an Alpha Ultra for when Im going out and dont wanna take the Provari. My question is for people that have owned these mods as well as a GG. Im currently rebuilding a ran-down house I own to get out from under rent so thats where all my money goes and i cant justify spending a lot on another mod when i have these 3 already and no place to call home. (Ive been couch surfing for about a year now to save money for my house). Im happy with the set-ups i have but cant get over the look and following of the GG, UFS, iAtty etc. To the people that own all or some of the mods i listed.....Should i be trying to sell the REO and the Ultra to save up for a GG with an iAtty or UFS?

Hey, I've owned all of the items you've listed and I remember I sold my alpha to you about a month or two ago :laugh: The items you've listed are great, especially I really like the Alpha+Juicefeeder setup. But I (or the most other people that own GG) personally think that no other devices so far cannot beat GG's ultimate performance as well as its beautiful look. I've already sold almost all of my items except GG. They're very collectable and perform great!! I also like to follow Imeo's continuous work and inventions such Iatty and There're more inventions coming in near future. I really do recommand you to try GGTS + UFS, but as you know they're not the items that you can buy always.

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
Yup alpha still works flawless but ive been glued to the provari lately. Every time i see a pic of the stainless gg i feel like i need to start selling stuff. I thought about starting a thread in the classifieds and see if anyone with multiple GG's wants to trade for the mini and alpha or mini and alpha + cash. Its easy to tell just by reading the threads how much passion Imeo has for the GG line and as passionate about vaping as i am I feel like i need to be a part of the fam. I love that he puts his life into his product. In my opinion that makes it more than a PV

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
You asked so I will say this: The fact you are drawn to the GG for whatever your personal reasons may be answers a lot of your question. There is zero doubt you have some very, very nice equipment. It can serve you well. Now bear with me because I'm old so a lot of my ideas aren't mainstream but I am comfortable with who and what I am so I offer no apologies to anyone. :)

After 40 plus years of smoking and using Copenhagen at the same time the last 23 or so years, I had resigned myself to being stuck with habits I no longer enjoyed for the reast of my life. Vaping changed that. I haven't had a smoke since the end of February or dip about a month after that. So for me, vaping isn't just another item on my things I do each day - It's a passion. I have owned some of what you have and a couple others that were top shelf craftsmanship and quality.

But for this old man, the GG line represents another man's passion in his functional art. Go to any other forum or supplier and there are some truly good people with amazing minds and craftsmanship. But at the end of the day, I see only one man who interacts with his users daily to help us and seek information for new projects. Someone that puts their passion into every product and strives continually to increase his users pleasure and functionality in vaping.

That would be Imeo of course. Yes I am retired so I don't have the distractions of a daily job and my sons are grown with their own families so I have more time to devote to personal hobbies and passions. For some, vaping is just a means to an end and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyones life is different. At the end of the day though, it comes down to what makes you happy.

What I have found here in the GG family are a bunch of folks that for the most part are just as passionate about their vaping gear as the man who creates it. Owning a GG doesn't require any of that but for me, it made the answer I asked as you have simple. This is where I belonged. When you can literally hold another man's working heart in the palm of your hand, it is special. When you hold one of Imeo's pieces, that is exactly what you are doing.

As I said at the start, all the sentiment I just poured out may be over the top or even irritating to others but that's okay. As long as I can be content with the man in the mirror when I shave every day, that's quite enough for me. Let us know what you decide is right for you. :)

Last edited:

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Except for the GG's, Provari is the next best in my opinion. If you're fortunate enough to get your hands on a UFS you can get an adapter that will let you mount the UFS on the Provari. UFS on the Provari is wonderful. The main obstacle with that though is that you first have to find a UFS and then order the adapter. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Titan Vapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
NC
youtu.be
Except for the GG's, Provari is the next best in my opinion. If you're fortunate enough to get your hands on a UFS you can get an adapter that will let you mount the UFS on the Provari. UFS on the Provari is wonderful. The main obstacle with that though is that you first have to find a UFS and then order the adapter. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Or you can get an iAtty and it will mount without an adapter.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I made sure I got my GG's before selling, rest of my mods will go when I quit being lazy and list them. As stated above, next round of Iatty's, grab one. Once you learn it, you won't let it go. If you decide you don't like it, it will sell in minutes. Same way with a SS GGTS and UFS. You will never be stuck with them. I wouldn't sell anything until you procure one. Therein lies the problem. Will you be fast enough on the net to order.

As far as the GG forum, there's never any nastiness, or put downs, sarcasm, etc. just helpfulness from one and all including Imeo. Any problems?? Someone will come to your rescue. Nobody there with a big head or all filled with themselves either. Nor do they put down people with other mods besides a GG. Just sayin, great place and people too.

Last edited by a moderator:

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
thanks for your opinions guys. What it amounts to is my finances just dont allow for one at the time. Even if i sold my REO and Ultra im sure id still be short and have to spend more out of pocket. As hard as it is and as much as i want one i need to get my house built and once thats out of the way ill have a lot more disposable income. Im only about $10-12K from being able to finish it and ill own my first home with ZERO debt. Without rent ill have more money for my hobbies. I do appreciate everyones opinions especially Major S. I know exactly what you mean sir. I think im going to trade my ultra for an iAtty or sell it and try to get in on the next run. Eventually il lget my hands on a SSGG

Last edited:

UKtarget

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Wolverhampton

Hi.Wfarrar.
The first and most important my friend is your house, the only one of your mods i haven't owned is a Reo but i have a couple of Phiddys so know what it like to have a nice box mod.
When possible get yourself a GGTS quite simply put its the best mod i have owned and the one i go back to everyday, since Imeo went SS with them they have come of age i don't compare mine to any other mods i own as each has its own merits and style but i do have to say my GG is the best out of the lot, nice weight solid build and easy to maintain (so easy i haven't had to do anything with it since i got it).
But you have good mods for now so i would just hold on till you can comfortably get one then go for it.
Iatty or UFS now thats a hard call i really like both but i think at the end of the day i still swing to the UFS id recommend the iatty first as i think that offers better performance and all round ease to set up (though some will disagree with me) but i just like the vape i get with the UFS plus its all mod friendly straight away without anything extra.

One last thing you'll probably find that when you do get a GG it will be a keeper

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
Yeah it looks like you have spent a small fortune on them yourself

Hi.Wfarrar.
The first and most important my friend is your house, the only one of your mods i haven't owned is a Reo but i have a couple of Phiddys so know what it like to have a nice box mod.
When possible get yourself a GGTS quite simply put its the best mod i have owned and the one i go back to everyday, since Imeo went SS with them they have come of age i don't compare mine to any other mods i own as each has its own merits and style but i do have to say my GG is the best out of the lot, nice weight solid build and easy to maintain (so easy i haven't had to do anything with it since i got it).
But you have good mods for now so i would just hold on till you can comfortably get one then go for it.
Iatty or UFS now thats a hard call i really like both but i think at the end of the day i still swing to the UFS id recommend the iatty first as i think that offers better performance and all round ease to set up (though some will disagree with me) but i just like the vape i get with the UFS plus its all mod friendly straight away without anything extra.

One last thing you'll probably find that when you do get a GG it will be a keeper

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
yeah, as hard as it would be to part with my nickel mini and the others i pretty much only use the provari since ive had it. I think im gonna dig out all my excess stuff over the weekend. Im close to having enough to get a new roof put on and i just got heat and air installed. One of these days it will be done and all my budgeting will pay off. Everyone else i know has 30 years of debt on their homes and i just cant deal with all that. I cant wait to not have rent or a house payment.

I would sell everything except the provari and spend the cash on your house..but thats just me. And yes i love GG.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
yeah, as hard as it would be to part with my nickel mini and the others i pretty much only use the provari since ive had it. I think im gonna dig out all my excess stuff over the weekend. Im close to having enough to get a new roof put on and i just got heat and air installed. One of these days it will be done and all my budgeting will pay off. Everyone else i know has 30 years of debt on their homes and i just cant deal with all that. I cant wait to not have rent or a house payment.

Smart man. :) I was in my 40's before I ever actually owned my home without anything owing. I have to admit that owning your own home outright is a secure feeling in this day and time. I salute you on your dedication to doing so at an age where you'll be young enough to still enjoy it.

As long as we can keep Imeo from working himself into the ground, there will be GG's to be had. It is an exciting time to be a GG owner with all just released and upcoming to be released! ;)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
You asked so I will say this: The fact you are drawn to the GG for whatever your personal reasons may be answers a lot of your question. There is zero doubt you have some very, very nice equipment. It can serve you well. Now bear with me because I'm old so a lot of my ideas aren't mainstream but I am comfortable with who and what I am so I offer no apologies to anyone. :)

After 40 plus years of smoking and using Copenhagen at the same time the last 23 or so years, I had resigned myself to being stuck with habits I no longer enjoyed for the reast of my life. Vaping changed that. I haven't had a smoke since the end of February or dip about a month after that. So for me, vaping isn't just another item on my things I do each day - It's a passion. I have owned some of what you have and a couple others that were top shelf craftsmanship and quality.

But for this old man, the GG line represents another man's passion in his functional art. Go to any other forum or supplier and there are some truly good people with amazing minds and craftsmanship. But at the end of the day, I see only one man who interacts with his users daily to help us and seek information for new projects. Someone that puts their passion into every product and strives continually to increase his users pleasure and functionality in vaping.

That would be Imeo of course. Yes I am retired so I don't have the distractions of a daily job and my sons are grown with their own families so I have more time to devote to personal hobbies and passions. For some, vaping is just a means to an end and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyones life is different. At the end of the day though, it comes down to what makes you happy.

What I have found here in the GG family are a bunch of folks that for the most part are just as passionate about their vaping gear as the man who creates it. Owning a GG doesn't require any of that but for me, it made the answer I asked as you have simple. This is where I belonged. When you can literally hold another man's working heart in the palm of your hand, it is special. When you hold one of Imeo's pieces, that is exactly what you are doing.

As I said at the start, all the sentiment I just poured out may be over the top or even irritating to others but that's okay. As long as I can be content with the man in the mirror when I shave every day, that's quite enough for me. Let us know what you decide is right for you. :)

This is one of the best and most real posts on ecf Major. A very big thanks and my best wishes to you buddy:):)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thanks for your kind words Imeo. :) My posts are usually too long but after all, being a member of the GG family is all about expressing yourself with others that understand and share similar feelings about our GG gear!

The GG forum was made for vaping discussion but it turned to something better Major. A lot of people together sharing their experience about more things than vaping. And thats the beauty of it. Thanks again for being a part of this family, I really appreciate your staying here Major:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread