Being proactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitaltitan

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2011
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Ive been reading around this sub form for the last few days, and as anyone here would guess. I'm appalled and outraged that the FDA thinks they have even the slightest business Dealing with vaping. I was not a long time smoker, i started about when i turned 20 and switched to vaping before my 22nd birthday. I did not want to quit, i legitimately enjoyed smoking. However after some research and some investment, i found that i enjoyed vaping more.

So today ive started the process of getting in contact with the Clean Indoor Air Act (CIAA)
In hopes of making sure that when the FDA or some other nosy group tries to force their Tired agenda on me and my state. The CIAA is prepared to step in ( With any luck ) and tell them to Go Suck the Proverbial Dangly.

I did not find this Immensely enjoyable Hobby to have some non Elected body of profit hungry... (Well call them people. Everything i want to call them will be Edited out.) Step in and mess it up with me, I refuse.

I implore everyone at ECF to do a search, find the governing group in your area, and contact them.

When i figure out who else to contact i will. i need to draft a letter before then. and im probably gonna steal some of the other ideas and letters on here. Not just because im kinda lazy, but because they're incredibly well written and i do not want to be brushed off. I will not let this happen.

Plus i figured this will be more constructive than going one by one to the FDA's homes and having a little bit of, shal we say, a good old american witch trial.

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
Well i'm glad that more and more people are deciding to be pro-active about this! That's good, we need this like now! lol

Something very easy that you can do to help support vapers everywhere is joining CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association

These guys fight for us on the "front lines" so to speak. The more support they have the better. Also scraping some change together and giving them a donation wouldn't hurt either. Donations do not have to be large!

The other thing you can easily do is write your local senator/house member and (preferably both) and explain your feelings to them about the FDA's recent requests that propose banning internet sales, and flavored ejuice.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall.......

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Find you Congressional Rep. Find your Senators.

Why not write, or better yet call, the folks in Congress who are supposed to represent you. They most likely already have their minds made up on the issue but it never hurts to try to tell them what their constituents think about the issue.

It doesn't even stop at the Federal level. Educating the state, county, and local officials will also help.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Find you Congressional Rep. Find your Senators.

Why not write, or better yet call, the folks in Congress who are supposed to represent you. They most likely already have their minds made up on the issue but it never hurts to try to tell them what their constituents think about the issue.

It doesn't even stop at the Federal level. Educating the state, county, and local officials will also help.
I really hate to say this, but on the Federal level folks are generally voting the party line.

And right now, at this point in time, there is one party that is far more sympathetic to our cause than the other.
Because the other party (Democrats) are the ones sponsoring all the bills that would curtail vaping.

And then, of course, there is another "party" that should also prove to be on our side.
And that is where my vote is going.

But the point of this post is really this...

The local politicians, such as city councils and boards of health, are not yet wrapped up in the game.
History has shown that they do actually care, and try to make the right choices.

And that is where we can have serious impact, by educating them.
Because without education, they just vote for whatever an authority figure puts before them.

And those authority figures are folks like the ALA, ACS, AHA, AMA, and CTFK.
And the reality is that those groups are funded by Big Pharma, and don't actually care about their mission statements.
They just care about the money they get from Big Pharma to do their dirty work.

So please, stand up and help make a difference.
We are all counting on each other here, because nobody else has our backs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread