Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Austin, TX
Last edited:

JungleAgent007

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
York, PA

3100 mAh? That's huge! Think I'll let someone else test those. Remember all those mAh's are potential energy. I'm not trying to have it near my face if potential is realized. Low probability but a 1600 mAh is more than I use in a day.

freelinuxer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Austin, TX
3100 mAh? That's huge! Think I'll let someone else test those. Remember all those mAh's are potential energy. I'm not trying to have it near my face if potential is realized. Low probability but a 1600 mAh is more than I use in a day.
Opps. ignore the last one. It's this one I was gonna link--> 2250 IMR 1mm Top from Callies Kustoms 3100mAh 18650 Panasonic Batteries

I edited my previous post.

freelinuxer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Austin, TX

For the batteries, high mAh one is relatively safer if the discharge reading is true. :- )
Just note that this 2250 IMR 1mm Top might or might not work for provari since it has very low height of top(nipple).. just 1mm. Lavatube shoudn't have issues with it.

Last edited:

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
New Panasonic cgr18650cg 2250mah was discovered by a member of this community, and somebody (after seeing discharge, and safety tests) named this cell "AW Slayer" :)

It is proven to be the best batt. for Lavatube, and for $8.99 shipped you cannot go wrong.

mAh number has nothing to do with safety of 18650 cells.

$8.99 shipped

Panasonic 18650 Li-Mn-Li-ion CGR18650CH High Drain 10A Rechargeable Hybrid IMR Battery Cell

$10 shipped

Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250mAh - $7.99 : SmartVapes Electronic Cigarettes, Electronic Cigarette

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Don't try to use the Panasonic 3100mah in the Lavatube. It's too long.
Use the Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250mah linked above instead. It's proven. It fits and works fine in the Lavatube.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-10a-imr-battery-aw-slayer-5.html#post5585565

There are graphs and videos on that thread to prove it. Orbtronic has them for $10 shipped.

The battery for the Lavatube needs to be 65mm. Most Protected Lithiums are too long. You could use some of them, but you wouldn't be able to screw the bottom cap all the way in.

Last edited:

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
I'm using the panasonic 3100 mAh, rewrapped with protection circuit from Orbtronics (link)

I't a bit long (68mm), but I stuck an o-ring on to cover the gap:
LT.jpg

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
ECF Battery recommendation guide says otherwise.

All else being equal, a 100mah battery would be safer than a 3000mah battery. Beyond that, there is no reason for the ECF recommendation guide to make such a blanket claim. They makes sweeping generalizations based on what is known when they write them, but they don't stay current. They never tested the Panny 3100, or the Panny 2250 IMR for that matter. It's not their job. ECF is pretty hung up on AW because they've been around so long and a couple years ago, they were the only quality IMR on the market. They don't keep up with new stuff very well. It's not their job to be on top of battery technology. Seen their stickie in the new member's section about what to buy for a first PV? It's about 2 years out of date as well.

I'm not slammin ECF, but they'd have to update their recommendations every quarter to keep current. They can't do that. They're not a technical journal for the e-cig industry, so they choose to go the ultra-conservative route. Two years from now, they're liable to be touting the Panasonic.

Last edited:

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
I'm using the panasonic 3100 mAh, rewrapped with protection circuit from Orbtronics (link)

I't a bit long (68mm), but I stuck an o-ring on to cover the gap:
View attachment 88131

O-ring , great idea

That Panasonic battery has double protection actually.

PTC and CID inside the cell

Electronic protection PCB (that is what makes battery longer)

Heat resistant layer inside the cell

Cell that is more safe than that NCR is yet to be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread