Status
Not open for further replies.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I’m my surch to brake my cloud game and get back to being able to have flavor this is what I went with
I don’t know what to build in 1 coil rdas and what’s good flavor thanks any tips would be helpful

883a32cfbfb3071f62ce8c0c345ab9ed.jpg
c166a47937e237c626134a52a45480b2.jpg
9efe8a2a69398a9682f2852828632a93.png
91c49227ab0e2561774121daa446cf40.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Single coil RDAs are just like duals basically. One tends to use somewhat wider mandrel for coil wrapping. I generally use 3.0-3.5mm myself. Because you effected very get twice the resistance thicker wires or twists are often used. The good news is you don’t have to worry about balancing your coils anymore. You don’t have to worry so much about wire length. Generally what I use is a single 22ga wire or an 8x28ga twist with 5 or 6 wraps on a 3.5mm mandrel.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The Plug is a great little mech... I'm not familiar with the other, but it looks to be the same thing under a different name. Contact bar, 510 and a positive. Extremely east to maintain and very little voltage drop.

As for the attys, I've never liked the Wasp....I found it noisy and the flavor was just meh. The B2K is a good one. If you go shopping for more attys, look into the KRMA, Haku Venna, Narca.....those are great flavor, single coil RDAs. For a mech squonker, 24ga SS, 3mm spaced coils give me the best results. Either 5 or 6 wraps depending on the mood.

• Agree
Reactions: Ben85

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The Plug is a great little mech... I'm not familiar with the other, but it looks to be the same thing under a different name. Contact bar, 510 and a positive. Extremely east to maintain and very little voltage drop.
The other is a PZLD mod (puzzeled). They are very nice too, and designed exactly as you described. I really liked mine, but my wife stole it.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont

As for the attys, I've never liked the Wasp....I found it noisy and the flavor was just meh. The B2K is a good one. If you go shopping for more attys, look into the KRMA, Haku Venna, Narca.....those are great flavor, single coil RDAs. For a mech squonker, 24ga SS, 3mm spaced coils give me the best results. Either 5 or 6 wraps depending on the mood.

I have ever made a spaced coil haha what ya do just pull it aport

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Haha I have never even ever considered spaced coils

Give it a shot...Personally, I think the flavor is better and the wicks don't burn in half. The heat is spread out evenly so you don't get that hot patch in the center of the coil. Also, they're simple....no strumming and pinching necessary. I haven't built a contact coil in years.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Give it a shot...Personally, I think the flavor is better and the wicks don't burn in half. The heat is spread out evenly so you don't get that hot patch in the center of the coil. Also, they're simple....no strumming and pinching necessary. I haven't built a contact coil in years.

64d1e206a4ca40c7cbd724ec5fa7e317.jpeg

My normal builds

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Haha I have never even ever considered spaced coils

For me I couldn't tell the difference in flavour, the only good thing about it is no strummin needed. Some like spaced and some dont. I tend to space coils every now and then, as I don't like to strum or pinch the coils. For my RDA/RDTAs I have them spaced, for my mtl setups I have them not spaced.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
64d1e206a4ca40c7cbd724ec5fa7e317.jpeg

My normal builds

Yeah....I know. I saw you were looking to tone things down a bit. Just offering some options for you. I've played around with fancy builds and super sub-ohm....it's just not my thing. There's nothing wrong with it....different strokes and all that.... I just find vaping a little more relaxing in the .3-.4 range with mech squonkers much like the ones you picked up. To me, it's perfect. Single wire 24ga SS ramps up and cools down very fast on a 18650 mech. The fancy stuff takes a bit longer to do both and I find the return negligible.

• Agree
Reactions: MMW and B2L

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Yeah....I know. I saw you were looking to tone things down a bit. Just offering some options for you. I've played around with fancy builds and super sub-ohm....it's just not my thing. There's nothing wrong with it....different strokes and all that.... I just find vaping a little more relaxing in the .3-.4 range with mech squonkers much like the ones you picked up. To me, it's perfect. Single wire 24ga SS ramps up and cools down very fast on a 18650 mech. The fancy stuff takes a bit longer to do both and I find the return negligible.

Oh I am my lungs and seen to take it any more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread