• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bible Q & A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan
we could also call him Wonderful, Councilor, Prince of Peace....how's the rest go?.....

Immanuel is a Hebrew word meaning "God with us" Immanuel - definition of Immanuel by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Jesus is a Greek pronunciation of a Hebrew name meaning "God is our salvation"CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Name of Jesus Christ

both are obviously appropriate......

one thing that has always impressed me about the genealogy found in Matthew was the inclusion of women.....definitely a counter cultural thing to do in patriarchal Israel.....to me it says that right out of the gate, God intended things to be completely different in the world.....

women like Rahab and Ruth who weren't even Israelites....

Last edited:

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
we could also call him Wonderful, Councilor, Prince of Peace....how's the rest go?.....

Immanuel is a Hebrew word meaning "God with us" Immanuel - definition of Immanuel by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Jesus is a Greek pronunciation of a Hebrew name meaning "God is our salvation"CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Name of Jesus Christ

both are obviously appropriate......

But why not just call Him Immanuel? Isn't Yeshua His real name anyway? I've never really understood all of the names, it confuses me.

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Wow, I never really thought that Joseph really had any part in the whole thing, but I guess he really did. Never heard of the Bitter Water Test before (Bizarre).

How did the Magi know that Jesus had been born? They just saw a star in the sky?????? Was there any additional information about that and who exactly were the Magi??

Um...slow down a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me fangers is a bleedin' now.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Dang Southern Gent! that's like a whole month of reading material!!!!! LOL!

Seriously, you did an amazing and incredible job. I never expected that, thank you so much for all of the time it took to write and type that out. I've emailed it to my mom to read too.

You have an amazing storehouse of knowledge, how do you fit it all in one head?????? :p

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Dang Southern Gent! that's like a whole month of reading material!!!!! LOL!

Seriously, you did an amazing and incredible job. I never expected that, thank you so much for all of the time it took to write and type that out. I've emailed it to my mom to read too.

You have an amazing storehouse of knowledge, how do you fit it all in one head?????? :p

I am a note taker. The material is certainly not complete but it is the relevant high points.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Just a quick post. Have had to finish up bidness stuff.

First of all.....I don't believe it was astrology. I believe it to be astronomy. There was something VERY different in the skies that these 3 kings in their own right saw that was astounding and odd. Planets don't twinkle but they are huge in comparison to stars. I have no idea what they saw, but like I said, it was notable by those who saw it, and inquiring minds had to know!

I'm sorry to ask this, but since I am such a simpleton, I would like to ask all the guys on the board how they would feel if they just found out they were going to be the earthly father to God. Wouldn't that scare the toga right off your back?????

On that note, as female, I would have had a nervous breakdown trying to be the Mom to Jesus. Trying to over protect Him as a child, yet being afraid to sin in front of Him?

Just thoughts!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread