Blu terrible product, terrible service... My experience with Blu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a review of these things a few weeks back, I'm awaiting my refund, here is the transcript with their idiot customer service rep:

Please wait for a site operator to respond. While you are waiting, please feel free to begin typing your issue in the box below. Try to be as descriptive as possible. Once an operator responds, click SEND to transmit what you have typed. For immediate assistance, please refer to the FAQ, help, or user support pages on our site.

You are now chatting with 'Zoe'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK121230371588X
Zoe: Hello. Thank you for contacting Blu Cigs customer support. How may I assist you today?
Robert: I want to speak to someone in the billing department directly...
Robert: I sent back a return, it was received by trackable means on the 12th... I want my refund... TODAY... this is unacceptable by all means
Zoe: I do apologize, but Billing Support is not available though chat. I would be happy to assist you with this; may I have the email address or order number associated with your account?
Robert:
Zoe: Thank you. According to our records the return was processed on September 12 and it can take from 7-12 business days for the refund to be issued. September 28th will be the 12th business day and if the refund is not issued by the time, we will escalate the issue further.
Robert: no no... that's bull....
Robert: it has been quite long enough
Robert: if your system is that messed up then you need a new system... I have worked as the sole returns manager for over 12,000 users, while also dealing with about a dozen other duties... if you can't make a turnaround in a week there is a problem... FIX IT
Robert: blu is committed to delivering a quality customer experience. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return your order within 30 days for a refund. Simply complete the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form located on the back of the packing slip sent with your order. Place the RMA form and all items from the original order in a padded envelope and mail it to us at the address indicated on the RMA form. RMA forms can be obtained by clicking here Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing. All refunds will be issued to the credit card used for the original purchase. If items are missing or are in poor condition the retail cost of these items may be deducted from any refund. NOTE: All refund requests MUST be accompanied by a RMA form, be received within 30 days from the date of the original shipment, and include all items from the original order. We reserve the right to refuse any refund or to issue a partial refund for any request that does not meet these requirements. We recommend that you return your order via traceable mail as we do not take any responsibility for undelivered returns. All cartridge sales are final. Cartridges are unable to be returned for a refund. The Fulfillment, Return and Exchange Department operates Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30pm EST
Robert: this does not say business days, it says 1-2 weeks... 12 days is plenty of time...
Zoe: I do apologize but our refund system is set up to process returns as they are received and it can take between 7- 12 business days for the refund to be issued. The paragraph that you have provided does not state anything about the processing time as it is regarding the time frame you have to send the product in for refund and what is required.
Robert: yes, yes it does... "Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing."
Zoe: Processing you package, not issueing a refund.
Robert: How about issuing a refund as soon as the item is returned!?
Robert: how about good business practice?
Zoe: I'm sorry, but our return policy and time frame for issue a refund cannot be adjusted to issue the refund sooner.
Zoe: Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
Robert: How about word of mouth is the best advertising, or the best way to lost business, and you can rest assured that I will certainly make sure that anyone considering using e-cigarettes does not use Blucigs...
Zoe: Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
Robert: yea, solve my problem
Robert: you're the worst customer service rep I've ever spoken to...
Zoe: We appreciate that you gave Blu Cigs customer support the opportunity to assist you today.
Zoe: Please visit our facebook page for updates, upcoming events and promotions.
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had no issues with customer service when i contacted them about a disposable that i felt didn't last as long as it should.. got a replacement with no issues, and like the product.

after reading your rant to the CS, i kinda felt sorry for them. :(

Their CS are not polite whatsoever... over the phone the woman essentially told me to go F myself... They're unprofessional, and aside from that they are owned by Lorillard one of the largest manufacturers of cigarettes worldwide... just throwing that out there...

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I received mine and put my cartos in the holes. I put my batteries in the holes. Just like shown on the box. OOPS, stupid me, the non-charging ecig must have a carto to go in the other hole or it disappears into the charger.

So I called them to ask them what would they suggest to get the battery out of oblivion? They told me to return it (in a tone that made me feel like an idiot) as that spot was only for a fully assembled ecig. I told them it said nothing to that effect in their instructions, nor did the picture make that clear.

Had they been the least bit sympathetic, perhaps I wouldn't have felt like an idiot but just a misguided customer. I was so mad I thumped that thing until the battery finally came out and I never returned that thing, figured it was money lost. It took me a week to get that kit, and I didn't want to wait ANOTHER week each way for shipping without it and smoking. Because I am an idiot. And because they never suggested that their might be a local place (Walgreen's anyone?) where I could get another while it was in the mail.

It was the tone of their communication that had a baffled complete newbie feeling like crap. After 2 weeks I gave that box o' junk away to a friend who only smokes ultra lights when she chats on the phone (and she is a talker!). I didn't even want that reversed polarity stuff near any of my other batteries. The whole thing left a very bad impression on me and it is a complete miracle I am not smoking cigarettes now. Had I not found this site, I can pretty much guarantee that my ashtrays would be filling up as I type. Because I had NO IDEA there were other things out there!

I received mine and put my cartos in the holes. I put my batteries in the holes. Just like shown on the box. OOPS, stupid me, the non-charging ecig must have a carto to go in the other hole or it disappears into the charger.

So I called them to ask them what would they suggest to get the battery out of oblivion? They told me to return it (in a tone that made me feel like an idiot) as that spot was only for a fully assembled ecig. I told them it said nothing to that effect in their instructions, nor did the picture make that clear.

Had they been the least bit sympathetic, perhaps I wouldn't have felt like an idiot but just a misguided customer. I was so mad I thumped that thing until the battery finally came out and I never returned that thing, figured it was money lost. It took me a week to get that kit, and I didn't want to wait ANOTHER week each way for shipping without it and smoking. Because I am an idiot. And because they never suggested that their might be a local place (Walgreen's anyone?) where I could get another while it was in the mail.

It was the tone of their communication that had a baffled complete newbie feeling like crap. After 2 weeks I gave that box o' junk away to a friend who only smokes ultra lights when she chats on the phone (and she is a talker!). I didn't even want that reversed polarity stuff near any of my other batteries. The whole thing left a very bad impression on me and it is a complete miracle I am not smoking cigarettes now. Had I not found this site, I can pretty much guarantee that my ashtrays would be filling up as I type. Because I had NO IDEA there were other things out there!

Right back atcha Vsummer, I'm now vaping with a vmax, after making my second initial investment in a Volcano Inferno (not the best investment, but certainly better than the Blu garbage... Blu is such a waste of time and money, it's an overpriced PCC system... Not to mention that most people who switch to vaping were heavier smokers who would never benefit much from Blucigs...

peteskeet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2012
California
I heard the Volt works really well.

i don't have the funds to get a provari or a genesis style atomizer which i would love. i do have an ego twist with an ava atomizer and thats alright but its not really good on the go. my volt always take a trip with me to class or out for the night and i never have a problem. its small just like a real analog and totally works.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
i don't have the funds to get a provari or a genesis style atomizer which i would love. i do have an ego twist with an ava atomizer and thats alright but its not really good on the go. my volt always take a trip with me to class or out for the night and i never have a problem. its small just like a real analog and totally works.

Yes, yes, yes!!! I'm so happy for you that it is working out so well. That's the really nice thing about the "cig-a-like" systems and why I like my Blu. It's more realistically like smoking a cigarette and much more portable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread