Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Of course they're getting away with it they always do, they're govt and basically do what they want. Our only way to combat it is to simply do what we want regardless.
But that's not really combating anything from the way I see it.
It's just allowing them to keep on doing more of the same.

The way to combat it is to vote out all "CAREER POLITICIANS" with your next vote.
It's up to you to decide who qualifies as a "CAREER POLITICIAN" and should be voted out.

Anyone in government that is serving their own interests is a parasite.
I really can't state it any clearer than that.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
It's about being able to choose exactly what I'm vaping, and it's about a product that wasn't broken in the first place and won't be made any better by regulations.

That is one of the reasons many get into DIY - they know what they put into their eliquid - not betting on someone that is doing it to maximize profit.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Of course they're getting away with it they always do, they're govt and basically do what they want. Our only way to combat it is to simply do what we want regardless.

IMO, that Isn't "Combating" it. It is Perpetuating It.

When No One Stands Up and says... "No. This Isn't What We Want.", why would they Ever Stop? Or even Care?

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
When No One Stands Up and says... "No. This Isn't What We Want.", why would they Ever Stop? Or even Care?

But people do stand up and complain. It is always the other representative's fault. And they are going to back theirs to the hilt...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
But people do stand up and complain. ...

Putting a 100,000 Signatures on a State Petition is Standing Up.
Sending 20,000 Letters to a Rep is Standing Up.
5,000 People carrying signs in Front of a Capital's Steps is Standing Up.
250 Retailers Banding Together to Support a Lawsuit is Standing Up.

Complaining about things on the ECF isn't Enough.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Maybe, just maybe, this is actually the beginning of a large industry to come. Yes most likely dominated by the likes of big tobacco but then again big players come with big wallets and look to do big business. It is one thing for Joe in the back of the vape shop to be mixing up juice as it might actually taste good and be consistent in its quality but compare that to large well equipped labs with professionals all working to get the edge over the next big players lab.
So kinda like the test kitchens that design the very consistent food that you find at chain restaurants, right?

Personally, I'd much rather have "home cooking", whether that's truly at home, or in a one-off restaurant.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
An
Putting a 100,000 Signatures on a State Petition is Standing Up.
Sending 20,000 Letters to a Rep is Standing Up.
5,000 People carrying signs in Front of a Capital's Steps is Standing Up.
250 Retailers Banding Together to Support a Lawsuit is Standing Up.

Complaining about things on the ECF isn't Enough.

I agree, putting 500,000 signatures together with names states and an individual statement from each that they will vote for whomever is against the dismantling of the current vape industry would definitely get their notice. Even Trump would notice that. If BT can bribe them with money we can bribe them with votes which in an election means a lot more to them than money. So why dosen't the admin here at ECF together with the other big vaping forums get together and do just that. Imagine sending a politician who is facing an election a link to a page that says they will get XXXX votes from people in their jurisdiction along with names and messages and a summary sheet keeping live stats on all those who've signed up. We have the power if we organize, all we have to do is use it.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
We have the power if we organize, all we have to do is use it.
Sadly, there just isn't enough of us that care. Especially on the State level.

Just look at the posts in the other forums - folks pecking gleefully away about their 900 watt DNA boards and Quad Clapton Coil rigs.

Nope. The time for sensible "dialog" with those that promote change has long passed. As usual, 2 branches of self-serving government have failed yet again. Let's hope the 3rd slaps them silly.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
An

I agree, putting 500,000 signatures together with names states and an individual statement from each that they will vote for whomever is against the dismantling of the current vape industry would definitely get their notice. Even Trump would notice that. If BT can bribe them with money we can bribe them with votes which in an election means a lot more to them than money. So why dosen't the admin here at ECF together with the other big vaping forums get together and do just that. Imagine sending a politician who is facing an election a link to a page that says they will get XXXX votes from people in their jurisdiction along with names and messages and a summary sheet keeping live stats on all those who've signed up. We have the power if we organize, all we have to do is use it.
My plan on votting day is to vote against all incumbants regardless of party or level of government unless I happen to know of something meaningful and courageous they have done for vaping. (So far that's nobody who will be on my ballot.) Then I'm voting for trump because if I have to be miserable I want company.

Last edited:

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I have pushed for a Clean Sweep, but it is not going to happen and you know it. Most voters are blind and only vote party lines - not for who is doing what...

Yeah, but a clean sweep only works when the new is better than the old and not just the same old thing.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Yeah, but a clean sweep only works when the new is better than the old and not just the same old thing.

You have to keep the door revolving long enough, that investing in a politician no longer pays dividends. Once the cost to corrupt a politician exceeds the returns, we can begin to take our country back.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
You have to keep the door revolving long enough, that investing in a politician no longer pays dividends. Once the cost to corrupt a politician exceeds the returns, we can begin to take our country back.
Once being a politician is no longer a long-term career choice...
We will start getting people who really CARE about doing what's right...

It may be a bit naive of me to assume it would actually work that way
But there is no other way that it CAN work.

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
it has been discussed that they are going to leave the door open for DIY for a while. doesn't that also leave the door open for the black market. heck i am even thinking about it myself. buy way more then you actually need and then they do their little prohibition through taxation start selling to people you know. sell for far more then you paid for it but less then the federal level. if the products are all out banned by this absurd legislation passing, you can charge what ever you want. the best way to resist bad legislation is to make it meaningless by fueling a black market when it passes unjustly.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Just look at the posts in the other forums - folks pecking gleefully away about their 900 watt DNA boards and Quad Clapton Coil rigs.
If you think back to when the Deeming's were getting started, a lot of us were questioning the amount of people who ignored the fight and did the above. I thought, look at the numbers of vapors looking at hardware, DIY, etc. Why weren't those people in the Legislation or other threads when we were getting pounded? Were they supporting CASAA or other pro-vape entities? Just where were they? Once again what Kodiak said. Playing with their toys. Sad

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
If you think back to when the Deeming's were getting started, a lot of us were questioning the amount of people who ignored the fight and did the above. I thought, look at the numbers of vapors looking at hardware, DIY, etc. Why weren't those people in the Legislation or other threads when we were getting pounded? Were they supporting CASAA or other pro-vape entities? Just where were they? Once again what Kodiak said. Playing with their toys. Sad
I'll bet you a dollar that an ecf member who never posts outside of the modding forum, or the DIY forum, is infinitely more likely to participate in a CASAA CTA than a vape-to-quit consumer who only buys their gear from walgreens or chevron. Just because people are into the hobby aspect of vaping, doesn't mean they aren't committed to the cause.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I'll bet you a dollar that an ecf member who never posts outside of the modding forum, or the DIY forum, is infinitely more likely to participate in a CASAA CTA than a vape-to-quit consumer who only buys their gear from walgreens or chevron. Just because people are into the hobby aspect of vaping, doesn't mean they aren't committed to the cause.

Agreed. Plus, just because they are not posting in these threads does not mean that they are not doing something to support/help the cause.

You know what they say about assuming. ;)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Agreed. Plus, just because they are not posting in these threads does not mean that they are not doing something to support/help the cause.

You know what they say about assuming. ;)
Even more to the point, IMO the problem is not and has never been that those on ECF, or FB or reddit(whatever) are not involved enough. Even if every active member of ECF were to stand up, we still wouldn't have the numbers we need. We need EVERY vaper to stand together, and the one thing all vapers have in common is, they buy their stuff from somewhere...

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Even if every active member of ECF were to stand up, we still wouldn't have the numbers we need.

Very true, especially as ECF is International in scope. While the majority of the membership is from North America, we still have quite the foreign contingent which would dilute the numbers necessary to create change.

Reactions: Lessifer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread