Can anyone lean me in the right direction..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Can anyone list some good dual coil rda's that can be used for squonking, and produce intense flavor? Can you also explain what coils work well ? (single / clapton / etc)

I am just looking for intense flavor. I have tried the daranger and didn't get good flavor. The best flavor i got so far is from the mesh pro tank but I heard you can get a lot more flavor from squonking !

A couple dual coil RDAs I would recommend would be the Rebirth and the Chief King. Throw is a set of SS fused claptons and go. You can get great flavor and vapor from just about any RDA with the right coils and setup properly. Another dual coil you can get great flavor with is the Dread RDA but it's definitely not an RDA for beginners. Good luck.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Valid question - and I don't have the answer sorry - I just know I had a clone derringer that was BF'd. May have been a 3rd party pin I got? If it pops back in to my memory, I'll come back and reply again - maybe someone else knows what BF pin would fit? One of Fat Daddy's perhaps?

You can BF in a derringer?! How pray tell? Mine doesn’t have a squonk pin. Perhaps because it is likely a clone (it wasn’t expensive). Are BF pins available still?

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
You can BF in a derringer?! How pray tell? Mine doesn’t have a squonk pin. Perhaps because it is likely a clone (it wasn’t expensive). Are BF pins available still?
buy a squonk pin from fat daddy vapes and drill out the center post flush to the deck......or at least thats how we used to do it... mines an authentic V2....also Tom at Catfish atty mods will pretty much bottom feed anything for you as long as it isn't brass ( that was where most of my squonk stuff came from 3-4 years ago)

Berkiz

Apr 16, 2018
Ukraine
Know I'm late but probably it will help someone.

Rebirth RDA by Hellvape is far one of my favorite RDA of all time. Since I've been a big fan of Reload 1.5, I'm not anymore.
Comparing them side to side you can match that there's almost no difference in flavor or cloud chasing but a BLACKHOLE between them in quality and usability.
Rebirth is easy to build and wick, has a simple but productive airflow, and one of my favorite is that it looks simple outside and just incredibly insane inside.
photo_2019-04-04_03-25-31.jpg

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Can anyone list some good dual coil RDA's that can be used for squonking, and produce intense flavor? Can you also explain what coils work well ? (single / clapton / etc)

I am just looking for intense flavor. I have tried the daranger and didn't get good flavor. The best flavor i got so far is from the mesh pro tank but I heard you can get a lot more flavor from squonking !

I believe that the early mesh RDA's could suffer from dry hits when not wicked well. I have two Profile RDA's and they incorporate a spring base that seems to resolve those issues. When the cotton runs a bit dry the Profile flavor tends to fade and gives plenty of warning. I squonk my Profile way less then with my wound coil RDA's. If you are chasing flavor, IMO the Profile is a winner.
When you follow Wofoto wicking instructions all is well...this is a easy deck to build on.

• Agree
Reactions: madstabber

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
People say the mesh rdas have the same flavour as the mesh pro triple coil tank... I want more flavour if it’s possible, which is one reason why I don’t want to rda with mesh....I mentioned this earlier

I would definitely go with the Pulse V2 rda...its got lots of adjustment options...single coil, dual. air flow and inserts....bit of a flavour banger that one. I highly recommend :)

As far as coils go....start with a simple round wire parallel build...you'll be surprised :)

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
I have been through a few dual coil RDAs. Iconic by mike vapes, I liked it but it leaked. Pulse rda, not sure which version, good flavor but it also seems to constantly be wet. I had the Peerless RDTA that I really liked and used for longer than the previous two. Never have liked the exotic builds, seem to muck up the coils more quickly, for no noticeable improvement in flavor over my smooth wire builds. Paired the pulse mech squonker with a Drop Dead RDA and nirvana!! Finally arrived on a combo that produced great flavor, good vapor production and didn't leak! Started to have leaking issues with the Pulse Mech that I could never pinpoint, when ever I took it apart to change batteries or fill it up, it was always wet inside. Annoying but still vaped well. My daily vape had always been RTAs or RBA decks in a sub ohm tank. Fast forward to today, I have upgraded to the Topside dual squonker, still using the Drop Dead, have added the Bonza 1.5, for a little variety. I like smooth wire builds the best, Parallel wrap of 24g Kanthal at 3mm, .14 ohms at 80 watts, simple, predictable, happy vaping :) Rewick and dry burn about once a week or so, change coils every month or so YMMV.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Oddly, after trying the profile mesh rda, the flavour to me isn’t as good as the triple mesh pro tank. Only about 2/3rds as good. Damn was really hoping this would be better.
Recent data, but I just BFed a big block 454 and put 4 11 wrap .3mm SS square sectional 3.5mm coils into it making a ~.3ohm atty.
Thing was a real pita to wire and wick, and cloud production isn’t awesome but the flavor is absolutely outstanding. Tiny super dense clouds so thick you can’t see through them. Absolutely drinks the juice and amps. I’ve been running it at 40w. It wants to run higher but I’ve had trouble getting batteries that will power it in TC.

Reactions: Eskie

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
Recent data, but I just BFed a big block 454 and put 4 11 wrap .3mm SS square sectional 3.5mm coils into it making a ~.3ohm atty.
Thing was a real pita to wire and wick, and cloud production isn’t awesome but the flavor is absolutely outstanding. Tiny super dense clouds so thick you can’t see through them. Absolutely drinks the juice and amps. I’ve been running it at 40w. It wants to run higher but I’ve had trouble getting batteries that will power it in TC.

I'm sorry I don't quite understand your build. BFed a big block 454 ? 4 11 wrap ? Not sure what coils this is at all

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm sorry I don't quite understand your build. BFed a big block 454 ? 4 11 wrap ? Not sure what coils this is at all

Atty: kryptionite bigblock 454
It’s an older 22mmRDA that isn’t normally squonkable. I had to drill it out to make it bottom feed. I BFed it

It’s unusual because instead of being a single or dual coil RDA it’s a 4 coil RDA. I used 11 wraps of 0.3mmx0.3mm square sectional stainless steel wire (approx 28ga) on a 3.5mm mandrel. These individual coils were well over 1ohm (closer to 2ohm) but because I had 4 of them it came out to between .32 and .41 ohm depending on coil heat. (SS does that. It’s TC wire)

It’s an older atty and as such doesn’t have a ton of available air. Even all the way open it’s still mor or a restricted DL than a true DL. Hence small clouds. Awful tasty though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
52235E9A-BBA8-4FB4-B115-476F28A2D290.jpeg
97B40F6A-DEE2-4312-9684-36A674A66489.jpeg
Atty: kryptionite bigblock 454
It’s an older 22mmRDA that isn’t normally squonkable. I had to drill it out to make it bottom feed. I BFed it

It’s unusual because instead of being a single or dual coil RDA it’s a 4 coil RDA. I used 11 wraps of 0.3mmx0.3mm square sectional stainless steel wire (approx 28ga) on a 3.5mm mandrel. These individual coils were well over 1ohm (closer to 2ohm) but because I had 4 of them it came out to between .32 and .41 ohm depending on coil heat. (SS does that. It’s TC wire)

It’s an older atty and as such doesn’t have a ton of available air. Even all the way open it’s still mor or a restricted DL than a true DL. Hence small clouds. Awful tasty though.
Pix if it helps

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
View attachment 820591 View attachment 820593 If you truly want the best flavour obtainable from your vape you need to forget drippers, cotton, bottom feed etc.

Put in the time to learn how to wick and coil a genesis.

IMO, Mesh wicks and tobacco flavours are a match made in heaven.
My Marquis RDA is bottom fed and built with mesh wicks; squonk a genny for the win.

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread