Single coil rdas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
I get plenty of vapor for me. In no way would I consider myself a cloud chaser, that's not why I vape. I use between 3mg - 6mg nicotine.
Im a cloud chaser. I only use a 3 in nicotine but as much vapor I get a 6 wud give me a headache. Ive tried it. I vape on 80 watts boost. Any higher and its burnt tasting.

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
U only vape at 30 watts? How much vapor do u get? Do u use a high nicotine juice?

If I build at a Higher Resistance than the person next to me, do we Both Need the same amount of Watts to achieve a Similar Hit?

Or does the Person with a Lower Resistance Build need More Watts to heat their Coil?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
U got me. I have no idea.

I'll just say this...

I have some Multi-Wire, Very High Mass, Alien Stapled Twisted something or rather, Ultra Low-Ohms NiChrome 80 Coils that someone gave me.

If I put one of them in my Narda and then set my Mod to 50 Watts, they just sit their when I press the Fire Button. And Sit their. And finally after awhile it starts to Sizzle.

But if I replace it with my Standard 26ga SS Single Wire build, 50 Watts is a Choking Hot Hit.

So Watts really is just Part of the Equation.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
To me it's a balancing game between surface area and ramp up time.
I use dual coils, have used but not made some twisted fused claptons and a couple different fancy coils.
My go to is mixed twisted coils. I've had great satisfaction with dual coils made with 26g, 28g, and a flat .8x1 (I think) kanthal wire twisted pretty tight. 7 wraps 2.5 baby. 75 to 100 watts mmmm so much tasty warm vapor!
I've twisted up some monsters... All kinds of variations of different wire, nichrome mixed with kanthal is pretty if you dry fire it at very low wattage...
I did a single coil in a velocity clone once that was 3 24g wires, 8 wraps around 3 mm I think, but it had horrible ramp up and was a hot vape and stayed hot. Still have the coild because it colored in an interesting way even though it was just kanthal a1.
I have no idea what you'd call them but for a while I was twisting 2 wires together and then twisting that first twisted wire in the opposite direction, which is extremely interesting, makes a chain with open loops along it. Yes I've made dual coils for and rda out of that stuff. Not the best vape, but I encourage others to try this out if they haven't because it's fun :) .
Who else loves twisted wire ??
Dual home twisted 26's in my DR are pretty much my current go to at this point. As I lack tools for more complex builds I use a fat writing pen with a pocket clip and just roll it across the top of my leg untill it seperates itself (breaks) from the pen. Even if I had a drill I would still do it this way. No set up and quick about 30 seconds or so. Anyway twisted dual 26's, great taste and solid clouds at my perfered 60 - 70 watts.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Dual home twisted 26's in my DR are pretty much my current go to at this point. As I lack tools for more complex builds I use a fat writing pen with a pocket clip and just roll it across the top of my leg untill it seperates itself (breaks) from the pen. Even if I had a drill I would still do it this way. No set up and quick about 30 seconds or so. Anyway twisted dual 26's, great taste and solid clouds at my perfered 60 - 70 watts.
I may have a better no tools wire twist method for you to try :) . I hold one end in pliers, loop the other end around a large coffee cup handle, hold the pliers up in the air so the cup dangles, spin the cup and twist til it's where I want it. I don't take em to the snapping point but pretty close usually. Doesn't have to be a cup, any weight you can attach a wire to.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I may have a better no tools wire twist method for you to try :) . I hold one end in pliers, loop the other end around a large coffee cup handle, hold the pliers up in the air so the cup dangles, spin the cup and twist til it's where I want it. I don't take em to the snapping point but pretty close usually. Doesn't have to be a cup, any weight you can attach a wire to.
Yes that works as well as the pen trick. But every time I use coffee cup method my lovely wife hangs over my shoulder almost using her powers to will the cup to fall and break. She would never miss an opportunity to reprimand me thoroughly. So I stick with the pen it is so consistant that if I use the same pen and wire I maintain the same pitch ( ? The amount of twists per mm. ). Ever tried twisted parallels? Trying to get the ohms down a bir. Thanks and may the Force be with you.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Yes that works as well as the pen trick. But every time I use coffee cup method my lovely wife hangs over my shoulder almost using her powers to will the cup to fall and break. She would never miss an opportunity to reprimand me thoroughly. So I stick with the pen it is so consistant that if I use the same pen and wire I maintain the same pitch ( ? The amount of twists per mm. ). Ever tried twisted parallels? Trying to get the ohms down a bir. Thanks and may the Force be with you.
I don't do parallels, that's why I twist :) . Nothing against them, just never got into them. I feel like twisted parallels would be harder to install.

Reactions: stols001

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I don't do parallels, that's why I twist :) . Nothing against them, just never got into them. I feel like twisted parallels would be harder to install.
I do not know I have never tried but for gunky juice it might be good. Large diameter coil with lower ohms as there would be a lot of wire there. I twisted one last eve and it is an unruely sucker on the coil jig. Will be interesting when I tru to install it.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I do not know I have never tried but for gunky juice it might be good. Large diameter coil with lower ohms as there would be a lot of wire there. I twisted one last eve and it is an unruely sucker on the coil jig. Will be interesting when I tru to install it.
A challenge can be fun too.
Er, just to be clear, I mean the challenge of making and using the coil.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

Picts or it didn't happen. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread