Can Innovation Halt the Doom and Gloom of E-Cig Sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Just sayin'.......
It's all about personal preference, while simpler devices work for some they didn't work for me, I did make it a week on a ego but it just wasn't enough for me, while I did feel it working I needed more to feel comfortable for the long term haul, luckily vaping tech had advanced to the point it was at when I quit, picked up a kanger genitank, that was much better but it wasn't until I got my Subtank with the 1.2ohm coils did I really feel like I'd never go back to smoking, I am constantly around smokers, it's just the norm for construction around here, I really needed something powerful enough that it could curb a craving quick, the ego was stuck to my face, a few puff of the STM I could be done with it.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
thousands of people, just like me, quit smoking using a simple device like a joyetech ego VV back in 2012 and before, when those were the only things available.

Well, eGo style batteries are considered 2nd gen, and while they're light years behind current kits, they were a huge step up from the cig-a-likes. I started by using a 901t (cig-a-like with a small tank), but the batteries only lasted a couple of hours and after about of month of use they wouldn't even hold a charge for that length of time. I moved to a Joytech eGo-C (not VV) and that got me through the next 3 months until I started getting into regulated mods. I still have a travel kit with 2 eGo spinner-type batteries that I use with small carto tanks when I'm out and about.

We've come a long way baby. Yes we have! :thumb:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
At any rate, it is well known that the ecig business is somewhat over saturated ... and has been for the last year or so. There are some towns and cities where there seems to be a vape store on every corner. Then, the elquid biz is even worse.....more competition means less piece of the pie. I know a few eliquid people who are going to quit soon because of this. They just aren't getting the numbers....back in 2012 it was different than now.
And then there is the reality that as soon as you get a little bit sophisticated about your vape you rebuild, and do DIY and drop off the comercial radar. Smokers are easy to keep track of, they are buying weekly or daily. Vapers can go months and longer without buying anything. Last night I went to my Fasttech wish list and tried to put together an order from stuff I'd been accumulating for several months. I voided the order. I don't NEED anything, nothing and I'm not a big spender. I'm only buying a mod or atomizer if I'm sure it will be my new favorite. That's becoming a high bar. I'm doing a thrify style of DIY that takes me out of the juice market. It's going to be hard to know the number of vapers because we require only a trivial amount of supplies to carry on for years.

Ardo

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
Agreed. I labeled too broadly. What I meant was that I've met too many people who tried out low quality cigalikes or egos with random e-liquid, were then disappointed and made up their minds that vaping doesn't work for them. I've sent many of them to reputable vape shops to experiment a little more with better devices. It has worked for many. And hasn't worked for some. And absolutely, people have different reasons for going back to smoking and in many cases it's got nothing to do with devices they use.

thousands of people, just like me, quit smoking using a simple device like a joyetech ego VV back in 2012 and before, when those were the only things available.

I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden, it is impossible to quit smoking using entry level stuff, unless the human biology has drastically changed in 3-4 years. :)

Just sayin'.......

Yes, there are many and better options now, but blaming entry level devices on inability to quit smoking is a very simplistic explanation, and one which doesn't really bear out. :)

At any rate, it is well known that the ecig business is somewhat over saturated ... and has been for the last year or so. There are some towns and cities where there seems to be a vape store on every corner. Then, the elquid biz is even worse.....more competition means less piece of the pie. I know a few eliquid people who are going to quit soon because of this. They just aren't getting the numbers....back in 2012 it was different than now.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
What I meant was that I've met too many people who tried out low quality cigalikes or egos with random e-liquid, were then disappointed and made up their minds that vaping doesn't work for them.

Yeah, I agree, I sorta "cringe" when I see people trying out convenience store type vape products.

But, every once in a while, somebody breaks that mold and actually does quit smoking using them.

As a matter of fact, some people PREFER them. There is a member here whose husband only wants to vape those kind of things. And it works for him :lol:

That is why I support all kinds of vape gear. As well as all forms of tobacco harm reduction, snus, patches, nic gum too.....

People getting off combustibles is a good thing. I don't care how they do it.

If they develop problems with one method, then they can move to another.

Ardo

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
Yeah, I agree, I sorta "cringe" when I see people trying out convenience store type vape products.

But, every once in a while, somebody breaks that mold and actually does quit smoking using them.

As a matter of fact, some people PREFER them. There is a member here whose husband only wants to vape those kind of things. And it works for him :lol:

That is why I support all kinds of vape gear. As well as all forms of tobacco harm reduction, snus, patches, nic gum too.....

People getting off combustibles is a good thing. I don't care how they do it.

If they develop problems with one method, then they can move to another.

All I'm saying is more often than not I've met people who were disappointed by vape products they didn't know anything about. It's just a safer bet to take 30 minutes at a vape shop to try out what works and what not.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

There are convenience store cig-a-likes and then there is the Eroll, the cig-a-like I quit smoking with. It works much better, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who was successful using it.

Reactions: Kent C

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There are convenience store cig-a-likes and then there is the Eroll, the cig-a-like I quit smoking with. It works much better, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who was successful using it.

Most of the vets here (2008-2010) quit with what might be called cigalikes - janty/joye 510, KR8's, etc.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden, it is impossible to quit smoking using entry level stuff, unless the human biology has drastically changed in 3-4 years. :)

Just sayin'.......

I Quit using Pyramid Tea Bags and Fluval.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread