Status
Not open for further replies.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I've settled in to using the cartomizer on the Leo exclusively. Before I fill it for the first time, I cut off about 1 1/4" of the fill. Every so often I carefully run the straight prong of a bobby pin up through the center and lightly scrape the inner tube to clean out any crud. Then I top off and I'm good to go. Still don't care for the wide, thick mouthpiece but that's my only complaint. The flavor is phenominal on these. I've used the same four (each with a different flavor) for over a month now, I think. Never have to clean the filling. Never had one die. I'm a happy camper. My 801 cartridges for the Leo and tanks are completely unused. Hopefully, Boge will get the new tanks right - but until then, I delighted with the cartomizers now that they're broken in.

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
I've settled in to using the cartomizer on the Leo exclusively. Before I fill it for the first time, I cut off about 1 1/4" of the fill. Every so often I carefully run the straight prong of a bobby pin up through the center and lightly scrape the inner tube to clean out any crud. Then I top off and I'm good to go. Still don't care for the wide, thick mouthpiece but that's my only complaint. The flavor is phenominal on these. I've used the same four (each with a different flavor) for over a month now, I think. Never have to clean the filling. Never had one die. I'm a happy camper. My 801 cartridges for the Leo and tanks are completely unused. Hopefully, Boge will get the new tanks right - but until then, I delighted with the cartomizers now that they're broken in.

I'm loving the cartos, but i'm still searching for my favorite juices. It really sucks to fill one with a new juice just to have it taste like chemicals with a ridiculous PG throat hit. I would drip to try flavors but I clogged my atty with a quickness, and just can't seem to keep it functioning. I'm not trying to mess around cleaning and buying attys all the time so I just ordered a tank atty with tanks for trying flavors and possibly vaping too depending on how I like it.

I'm loving the cartos, but i'm still searching for my favorite juices. It really sucks to fill one with a new juice just to have it taste like chemicals with a ridiculous PG throat hit. I would drip to try flavors but I clogged my atty with a quickness, and just can't seem to keep it functioning. I'm not trying to mess around cleaning and buying attys all the time so I just ordered a tank atty with tanks for trying flavors and possibly vaping too depending on how I like it.

This is what just happened to me. I got my Leo yesterday and filled it, the juice was horrible and made me cough my head off. I didn't get any backup cartos (bad mistake) I have other juices I want to try.....is there a way to clean the carto??? I did order some atomizers and blank carts, but it will be a couple of days to next week before I get them.

I was so excited to get my first "real" e-cig and I blow it immediately :blink: Thanks for all the good info in this thread...it has given me a lot of good advise. Thanks everyone :)

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
I would stick with cartomizers rather than attys and cartidges but thats just my opinion. My favorite combo on the leo ended up being little boge 2.0 ohm cartos using a 510 adapter I got from vaporessence. They don't hold as much as those big leo ones but thats a good thing cuz it doesn't take long to run dry then u can top it off with a new flavor. However, once u find a few flavors u like, the topping off becomes annoying.

paul1288

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
new jersey USA
www.vapelite.info
You have a picture of that Leo to 510 adaptor?

I would stick with cartomizers rather than attys and cartidges but thats just my opinion. My favorite combo on the leo ended up being little boge 2.0 ohm cartos using a 510 adapter I got from vaporessence. They don't hold as much as those big leo ones but thats a good thing cuz it doesn't take long to run dry then u can top it off with a new flavor. However, once u find a few flavors u like, the topping off becomes annoying.

paul1288

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
new jersey USA
www.vapelite.info
If the adaptor had the cone threads are the cones the same diameter as the leo bat?

Nobody makes 510 to leo......or a leo to 510 with the cone threads ....maybe a market for them ?

I am making one to try a boge leo carto when my roughstack @ 6 volts gets here

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
If the adaptor had the cone threads are the cones the same diameter as the leo bat?

I made leo to 510 adapter using a old boge leo carto and an old ego battery and some liquid steel. There is a new tank/carto on market that uses the ego cone threads instead of the internal 510 threads. Might be some leo battery users out there that wants or needs the cone threads. Also with the leo to 510 adapters on the market now you can not use the ego-t attys with out grinding off some of the 510 adapter side for the ego-t to fit.....i dont need one....just saying (made my own)

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
I filed mine down a bit to improve the airflow with a tank sitting right on top of it. Maybe i'll take a pic later but for now its covered with electrical tape to match the battery. I have some pics where u can kinda see it i'll look real quick. I got it from vaporessence they have pic.

Last edited:

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
izaiwm.jpg

34oaira.jpg

263fnnq.jpg

2mqt8g1.jpg

2uhpa53.jpg

blurry but thats what I got

haha wish those were available before. Definately overpaid on mine

First off what kind of tank or whatever is that on your pv? I apologize for being a noob. That looks pretty cool though!

And now for the reason of my post. I have a Leo and i just got my cartos today. I filled it like i was told by a supplier. I used a paperclip to pull the filler a little from the casing and dripped down the side. I filled it up and put it back together and took a few puffs without pressing the button. Then i let it sit for a couple minutes. I am not getting near the vape that i would expect or as shown in that pbsuardo (sp?) video. Im just maybe getting enough for a puff. So what am i doing wrong? The atomizer i think is a joke and so far this doesnt work much better.

Thanks in advance for any help.

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
ITS a vpx tank looks rad, even better with the led infused ce2. However, I have moved on to carto tanks because they are less fuss and vape well. Have had some problems filling it but nothing like the burnt taste from the ce2 tank. Those leo cartos are really big, could it maybe not have filled? when its fully saturated and a little juice is dropping out the bottom you can blow on the mouthpiece, getting the excess out. Wipe the battery end off with a napkin and try hitting it then. If you get constant burnt tasting hits then u ruined the carto trying to hit it before it was full. I never had any luck with the atomizer/ cart set up either.

Im guessing i got it to take about 2 ml. Ive been reading on average people are getting 3.5 in them. I havent had a burning taste. Im using a 80% PG base if that might be the issue. It is doing better though. Maybe it needs a bit of a break in period as well. I figured id puff on it for another hour or so and try filling it again. It seems to be ok...its just not producing nuts amount of vapor not that i need that. It just chokes me a bit when i have to take the biggest drag i can take just to get enough say equivalent to smoking an analog.

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
oK the choking is probably from the pg which is really hard on my throat. I can't vape juices that are mostly pg or else I get a frog in my throat feeling that doesn't go away. ALso vg has more vapor but will clog the carto easier. Most of us seem to like a blend close to 50/50 for a decent throat hit and vapor. I'm a noob myself but my favorite so far is the 60vg/40pg blend from kick bass vapor. Also, try carefully running a straightened paperclip through your carto in case u dropped some liquid down the center. I have gotten some cartos to come back to life that way but ruined others so use at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread