Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

Yeah... His name has come up. And I think he would be a Great Person to ask Advise/Support from.

I can't figure that one out for the life of me.

As far as the prominent reviewer, I'm not sure, maybe he's worried that an "unofficial" campaign will hurt whatever is going on officially. As far as I can tell though, we're not officially doing anything on the federal front, besides waiting to see what the FDA does, and I did consider that. The problem as I see it is, reacting to the regs will at best, get us lighter regs under TCA, but we'll still be under the stigma of TCA. If I have time, which I may not, I've already put a lot of time into this that I should have been doing other things, I'd like to research the history of the vitamin/supplement industry and holistic/herbal industry. I believe it's legal for anyone to sell an extract of whatever as holistic, and I think that would be where we want to go. Something not pharmaceutical, not tobacco, something wholly different.

I would love to hear from CASAA or SFATA or anyone else that has more experience. It's only been a day and we're at 7170 signatures, through grassroots alone.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'd like to research the history of the vitamin/supplement industry and holistic/herbal industry. I believe it's legal for anyone to sell an extract of whatever as holistic, and I think that would be where we want to go. Something not pharmaceutical, not tobacco, something wholly different.
I've posted a thread about that idea in the past, but for the life of me I can not find it.
The thread didn't go very far, but I do remember there being a reply that said it wasn't a good idea.

I don't remember why though.
Something about them not being any better off than us?

I wish I could find that thread.
But I say, definitely pursue the idea further.
:)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I've posted a thread about that idea in the past, but for the life of me I can not find it.
The thread didn't go very far, but I do remember there being a reply that said it wasn't a good idea.

I don't remember why though.
Something about them not being any better off than us?

I wish I could find that thread.
But I say, definitely pursue the idea further.
:)
Well, not any better off than us currently, or not any better off than we would be under the yoke of the FSPTCA?

Reactions: NancyB

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You already have CASAA support from members that have signed (I being one of those). I think that type of support is better, and thus far you aren't being met with lack of signatures, so seems all the way around a great momentum type of thing.
Yeah, i thought about that, I'm a member of CASAA, as a consumer. Honestly I wouldn't stop it if they asked me to, but it would be great to have a CTA asking members to sign.

Reactions: DC2 and Jman8

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
...one prominent reviewer... feels these things are better left to the advocacy groups or people like Dimitri.
This is an extremely odd and very concerning opinion for anyone interested in harm reduction but for someone who has the potential to influence vapers directly and the industry in general it's just wrong and makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, that's the ticket! Let somebody else make my life better!
pullhair.gif

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
This is an extremely odd and very concerning opinion for anyone interested in harm reduction but for someone who has the potential to influence vapers directly and the industry in general it's just wrong and makes absolutely no sense.

pullhair.gif

I've never been impressed with "the industry" either. Maybe they'll have a change of heart once they get really squeezed. Or they'll just close shop and invest in something else.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

pullhair.gif

I'm not going to say anyone is wrong for not publicly endorsing this. I would love the support, but we're all entitled to our own opinions, and we all have our own reasons for what we choose.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO

pullhair.gif
I agree it's extremely odd, but not that it's wrong or even concerning. Who needs them? Lessifer did a fantastic thing with legs of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread