Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"Error signing your petition. Your user account is no longer active, this could be because you have closed your account. Please contact our help desk to reactivate your account."

Help desk is experiencing problems... What do I do?

I would give it 2 Hours and then Try it Again.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
"Error signing your petition. Your user account is no longer active, this could be because you have closed your account. Please contact our help desk to reactivate your account."

Help desk is experiencing problems... What do I do?

Perhaps, create a new user account with a different email address?

Andria

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Perhaps, create a new user account with a different email address?

Andria

I don't have a different email address--and I really don't want to create one just sign a petition... I'll try again later. It's odd, because I did sign their petitions in the past without a problem. Maybe I unsubscribed at some point in time?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't have a different email address--and I really don't want to create one just sign a petition... I'll try again later. It's odd, because I did sign their petitions in the past without a problem. Maybe I unsubscribed at some point in time?
I would give it a couple hours and try again, the site has been having issues for days.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't think the FDA will just, out of the goodness of their heart, decide to not classify vapor products as tobacco products. Someone, either congress or a judge will have to tell them that they cannot. That's what this is about, if you're not really concerned with the issues, it's easy to accept that e-cigarettes should fall under the TCA, after all, they're e-CIGARETTES right? It's only when you actually start to look at things, and think about them, and think about the consequences of deeming them a tobacco product, that you see that No, they aren't.

On another note, I've gotten a little pushback from some people, not a lot, but a little and from at least one unexpected place. I'm still not letting go of this idea, I'm just trying to understand why it is.

One thing I've heard is, these petitions never end up doing anything. Ok, I agree, in the past they didn't even when they got a good number of signatures. Is that a reason not to try again? I think some of it is timing, right now is a good time I think. The FDA is poised to release their final rules, Congress will be deciding whether or not to approve them, and we have a clear thing to ask for, Do Not Approve the deeming of vapor products as tobacco products, that I think was lacking previously.

IDK, I don't see how it could hurt to try, as long as people keep up with their other activism too. I mean even in the threads about supporting the moving of the grandfather dates, it's repeated that we should support that, but still fight against the deeming regs, but no one has given us any direction of HOW to fight against the deeming regs.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
One thing I've heard is, these petitions never end up doing anything. Ok, I agree, in the past they didn't even when they got a good number of signatures. Is that a reason not to try again? I think some of it is timing, right now is a good time I think. The FDA is poised to release their final rules, Congress will be deciding whether or not to approve them, and we have a clear thing to ask for, Do Not Approve the deeming of vapor products as tobacco products, that I think was lacking previously.
If the only thing it does is get shared within peoples' social networks, the text of it is so lucid and well-referenced that it *will* open some people's eyes to the truth.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
If the only thing it does is get shared within peoples' social networks, the text of it is so lucid and well-referenced that it *will* open some people's eyes to the truth.
Thanks Snork! I was just a little discouraged by a certain response I received.

13,002 Bump!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

On another note, I've gotten a little pushback from some people, not a lot, but a little and from at least one unexpected place. I'm still not letting go of this idea, I'm just trying to understand why it is.

I Wouldn't Worry about Detractor's.

I don't care what Topic is raised on an Internet Forum. You will Always get Someone that will say... "This is a Waste of Time" or "This Won't Work".

I would be Hard Pressed to say that Getting people Aware and Thinking about something like the FDA Deeming is ever a Bad Thing. And I know that there is a Large Percentage of Vapers who have No Clue what is coming down the line.

So even if this Petition does not succeed in its Intended Goal, It will get People thinking about the FDA and Deeming.

And that is a Very Good Thing.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I Wouldn't Worry about Detractor's.

I don't care what Topic is raised on an Internet Forum. You will Always get Someone that will say... "This is a Waste of Time" or "This Won't Work".

I would be Hard Pressed to say that Getting people Aware and Thinking about something like the FDA Deeming is ever a Bad Thing. And I know that there is a Large Percentage of Vapers who have No Clue what is coming down the line.

So even if this Petition does not succeed in its Intended Goal, It will get People thinking about the FDA and Deeming.

And that is a Very Good Thing.
Yeah, that one post I'm not too worried about. I was hoping for support from some other sources with a lot of reach, and so far I've only heard back from one, and that was a No.

It's ok, we've got momentum, vapers want to be doing something. We just have to keep it going. We've already got more signatures than the last change petition I could find about e-cigs, and I didn't even know about that one.

Sent from my zombie defense stronghold using Tapatalk - now Free

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah, that one post I'm not too worried about. I was hoping for support from some other sources with a lot of reach, and so far I've only heard back from one, and that was a No.

It can Take Time.

If I contact say a Retailer, it might take 3 or 4 Days before my request to even gets to Someone who is in a Position to Make a Decision. Or it way take a Consensus of People to decide whether or not to Back something like a Petition.

We live here in Forum Time. Where things happen almost Instantaneously.

Give it some Time.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
One thing I've heard is, these petitions never end up doing anything. Ok, I agree, in the past they didn't even when they got a good number of signatures. Is that a reason not to try again?
In the past, there have been many petitions thrown together with little input.
Oftentimes by newish vapers who just discovered there is an issue.

I was not always onboard with hyping those petitions because of a similar fear.
I signed them anyway, but was concerned about "crying wolf" and using up whatever motivation people have.

Having said that, I agree with what is below...
I think some of it is timing, right now is a good time I think. The FDA is poised to release their final rules, Congress will be deciding whether or not to approve them, and we have a clear thing to ask for, Do Not Approve the deeming of vapor products as tobacco products, that I think was lacking previously.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
aarrgghhh... been trying to check the numbers for about 20 minutes but keep getting server error.
Same for me. It sucks that the site is having issues, but it's not stopping people from signing, possibly just slowing them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread