Not open for further replies.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Hey Volties!!

My kids have had me shackled to the computer designing my son's house alllll weekend. They finally unlocked me. It's coming together. I finally put the upper level on top of the bottom level, and we were able to do a walk through. This is fun, but a little exasperating. Major changes ahead. *sigh*

I feel bad for all of you folks stuck mowing and raking their lawns. Those days are gone for me, thank goodness. I have a "lawn not". It's all forest, and that looks good enough for me.

Finally ordered a couple of T3's and was dismayed to discover that they won't fit on my 78's. I do have X2's, but they are big and heavy. I prefer using them when I'll be away from home for awhile. That's occurs very rarely. I've always used the clearos on my 78's. Soooo sad. I know - I could get adapters, but I'd need too many for all of the flavors that I keep going at one time. So - I'll be stickin' with the clearos for now. That is - unless they discontinue them. Hope they don't ...

On a brighter note, Blues will be finally going home from the hospital tomorrow. It may be awhile before he rejoins us. I'm sure that there are a lot of critters that will need his care and attention. Maybe almost as much as he needs them. :)

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I totally blew my resolve and ordered the blemished silver Provari, the Vivi Nova tankey thingeys and some batteries and a charger and a couple of adapters:)

I had to do it. Penny Poo Poo made me.

Awww Lizzie, I totally understand! Mac is forcing me to look at all kinds of tanks and batteries of every shape and size, I'm helpless! Seems like 'he' is getting so bad that 'he' feels let down when he is not expecting something from the mailman. Can't wait to hear how you like your new 'stuff'!

Raynes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Alabama,USA
I'm so sorry you were injured, and I'm glad it wasn't serious. As for resigning, IMHO, life is dangerous, and just because a horse injured me doesn't mean I'm going to give up on horses, though I guess it helps that it wasn't my horse who was the guilty party, so I can just avoid the horse who hurt me. But I think it's the same with your job. You just have to figure out if there was anything you could have done to avoid it. I thought about that with my situation, and I plan to make some changes because of it.

Sandy,it just happened without warning.She's been our patient several times. always the sweetest lady you would ever want to meet. Her life story would break your heart and I've always admired her courage,I still do. There was no reason to think she would have ever become violent she always tell when she hears voices this time the voices didn't give her a chance. I'd talked to her before giving her meds and then after she took them the voices told her I was poisoning her and to kill me.
My hear hurts so much for she's a very religious and spiritual person so the last time I went I took her one of my Bibles and a bookmark I found with a cross on it. They can't have necklaces or anything they can get hurt with. Right now she's in our seclusion room afraid to come out for fear it will happen again.
Usually when a patient assaults someone they have to go to jail. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can prevent that as I refuse to file charges. None of this was her fault. A local mental health center took her off her Clozaril b/c its an expensive and dangerous drug that has to be monitored closely and its the only drug that works for her. We have her back on it but it hasn't had time to get in her system yet.
Please pray for her and pray that I'm successful in keeping her out of jail. This lady runs a soup kitchen to feed the homeless that's what kind of person she is.
No worries Sandy,I have no plans of quitting my job.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
Sandy,it just happened without warning.She's been our patient several times. always the sweetest lady you would ever want to meet. Her life story would break your heart and I've always admired her courage,I still do. There was no reason to think she would have ever become violent she always tell when she hears voices this time the voices didn't give her a chance. I'd talked to her before giving her meds and then after she took them the voices told her I was poisoning her and to kill me.
My hear hurts so much for she's a very religious and spiritual person so the last time I went I took her one of my Bibles and a bookmark I found with a cross on it. They can't have necklaces or anything they can get hurt with. Right now she's in our seclusion room afraid to come out for fear it will happen again.
Usually when a patient assaults someone they have to go to jail. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can prevent that as I refuse to file charges. None of this was her fault. A local mental health center took her off her Clozaril b/c its an expensive and dangerous drug that has to be monitored closely and its the only drug that works for her. We have her back on it but it hasn't had time to get in her system yet.
Please pray for her and pray that I'm successful in keeping her out of jail. This lady runs a soup kitchen to feed the homeless that's what kind of person she is.

yes ill pray for both of you ....sorry this brings :cry: to my eyes...its very raw for me to talk about,,,since getting ptss...my heart bleeds for all the wonderful people out there that care for ...these poor souls....I wasn't strong enough...to continue....my nerves shut down...its a never ending battle..to find the tools to get over some days...of past wounds....but im finding the tools to help....must leave it there..

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I totally blew my resolve and ordered the blemished silver Provari, the Vivi Nova tankey thingeys and some batteries and a charger and a couple of adapters:)

Vivi Nova Tankey Thingeys ? View attachment 166866

And Penny Poo Poo is talking to Me Too Me Too

Gosh I love this forum :laugh::laugh::laugh::toast:

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY

What a sad story. I hope it works out OK.

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
I live 25 miles inland from Ocean City, Maryland. The signs around my hot tub have arrows one pointing east saying "Ocean", the other pointing west saying" Bay". In the center a sign says "Another Day in Paradise".

Actually we don't go to the beach in the summer, it is toooooo crowded. Spring and Fall and even winter are great.

I didn't do the beach that much in the summer. Usually a week around May in Rehoboth Beach. That was back in my old bartending days, so I spent a lot of times at the various pubs and not much on the beach. I just adored the eastern shore! Some of my friends had a pontoon boat. We'd take it out and catch blue crabs and have them for dinner. Can't get that crab on the west coast, that's for sure!

I'm so sorry you were injured, and I'm glad it wasn't serious. As for resigning, IMHO, life is dangerous, and just because a horse injured me doesn't mean I'm going to give up on horses, though I guess it helps that it wasn't my horse who was the guilty party, so I can just avoid the horse who hurt me. But I think it's the same with your job. You just have to figure out if there was anything you could have done to avoid it. I thought about that with my situation, and I plan to make some changes because of it.

When I was a kid, I got kicked in the back by a horse. My neighbor was spraying the horse in the face with something called flies away (I think) and the horse reared up and knocked me down. Next thing I know I felt a blow to my back and passed out. I respect horses a great deal and learned my place is on the other side of the fence from them. I don't mind giving them carrots and apples and petting them, but I just can't bring myself to getting on one again. If that horse had a better aim, I wouldn't be here today.

I like my horse with two wheels. I can usually control it's mind at least :)

---

Raynes, I'm sorry for the traumatic episode you experienced. Sounds like you are a very good caregiver that has a big heart. I sincerely hope the lady gets better, or at least more comfortable and safer to be around.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
ok whats this penny poo poo about........:laugh:when mum was carrying me...she had 2 names in mind...debra or penelope....so she couldn't decide...she wrote both names on paper...put them both in a cup..and pulled out debra....:laugh:as time went by..i was glad to be debra...the wacky races cartoon...Penelope pit stop...was big when I was a kid....I would of copped it at school........but I hit my late teens....and along comes Debbie does dallas....:facepalm:..say no more!!

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Whoo Congrats.... I guess Penny Poo Poo may have visited me too... I've had my eye on the iTaste Mvp.... its on its way :facepalm:

Raynes I hope you feelin okay, well I know your feeling okay, but dont forget to clear out your energy fields also.
I sure will send some prayers, everyone needs help and loving thoughts most times, and its amazing what a little positive vibes can do for a person, even if they are on the other side of the world!!

Oh Debra...you should have stopped at penelope pit stop..... LMAO must now go and clean up the cola drink i spilled everywhere

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
penny head shot.jpg

This is a Penny Poo Poo.

Raynes, take care on the job!!!

Reptlr - I know, that Penny Poo Poo is very persuasive.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
hey joann pink manual has arrived...its early...wow only 9days..i didn't think it would get here till end of week....so I had a little try....not bad...got it on charge for top up.....

Glad you like it Deb! You'll probably take to it right away, especially when you use a T3 on it... that first blast is WOW! :)

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD

Way to go Lizzie! You'll have to give details after giving it a go. I haven't read about anybody who has one not love it.

What a great group! I've so enjoyed the humor catching up?.? How many pages? 20+
SandySu - you have a gift in photography! And great company w/ Rave! I was wondering how you liked your new "do". Quite a change from long hair eh? Toy with cutting mine but many mornings I'm reminded why it's not a good idea!

Blues - so good to see you posting! Happy to hear you're on the mend! Will be 11 years ago tomorrow hubby had a massive heart attack. Six days ICU & 2.5 years sleeping 18 hours a day. Pace yourself!

I had a goofy day. 5 of us tearing down Friday's pour & getting the last section of rebar & forms set up for tomorrow. I reached into my jacket (under a sweatshirt & vest & bibs for my X2 w/ clearo on a lanyard a couple times. Decided to keep it just under my jacket. Later found the end cap missing. OK - not the end of the world. The next time I reached for it, LOL, just the clearo was there! Took a few minutes but I found the battery! Fortunately I have a spare cap. Better yet - We were done before turning into ice cubes! The past 2-3 days a nip of brandy has been just the ticket to get the chill out of the bones!

Your so right Lizzie. I'm one of those who like strong liquids and the more nic the better, I'd probably over dose myself with nic if I DIY.
Sad but true.My job is really stressful right now. It won't last,but like last night I was choked by a patient. I'm OK. Neck is sore and the poor lady couldn't help she was hallucinating. The voices were telling her to kill me as I was going to hurt her. I've had to go to the hospital three times already to reassure her I was fine.
My neck is bruised pretty bad and my trach is sore but I'm Ok. Ronnie is throwing a fit and wanting me to resign but I just can't do it.

OMGOSH - Raynes! Glad to hear you're (sorta ok). Your hubby's feelings are certainly understandable. My heart goes out to the poor woman. I can't imagine what she must feel since she is aware of this. Joining you in prayer that the best possible outcome happens. There is nothing so sad as seeing the devastation mental illness wreaks on the life of the person struggling with it and the people in their life - be it family or friends. You take care & heal quickly!

Well, I am shot - have a good night / day as the case may be. :)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD

Sorry you were injured Raynes. I hope she doesn't go to jail because of that either. She is sick, not a criminal. You have a very tender and caring heart. I hope it works out and she continue to get the help that she needs.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Deb, he said we can still call him Chief. I'm glad about that. You should go over to the username and avatar thread and give your reason for choosing your username and avatars too.
oh ill have to be careful....theres a lot of reasons...tip toe through the tulips with these reasons...il have to give my :censored:verison...ill give it some thought:oops::laugh:

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Glad you like it Deb! You'll probably take to it right away, especially when you use a T3 on it... that first blast is WOW! :)
:2cool::banana:blast off alrighty...yeah baby!!!I keep forgetting to press button......trying to remember the manual tune...finally the pearly gates of :vapor: heaven have open...to the :banana:bender.......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread