Chuck Schumer wants FDA to regulate NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Schumer calls for regulations on e-cigs to limit teen vaping
    Apparently he thinks juul is targeting children now.
    "Schumer urged the FDA to reverse course and enact the rule, which would impose a minimum age of 18 for the faux smokes nationwide, ban them from being sold in vending machines and prohibit free samples."

I must have missed all these juul filled vending machines and free samples.

Last edited:

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    From NY which is already cracking down on vaping.

One would think maybe his mission is more financially motivated. There's a donor/lobbyist somewhere.

We're going to get hit. Tobacco tax revenue is going to be missed. With vape having nicotine there's enough "harm" recognition for uneducated voters to get scared and take the bait.

Just my 2¢

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    You gotta love statistics!

"One in five New York high school students have used an e-cigarette in the last year, according to data from the New York State Tobacco Use Prevention and Control Advisory Board — nearly double the national rate."

That means very little without:

1. How many of those "one in five" have used a cigarette in the last year?
    2. How many of those "one in five" used an e-cigarette less then 10 times or less then a day or week?

It doesn't take very many brain cells to realize more information is needed before enacting federal or state legislation. But we are talking about Schumer!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Argh, and he's everywhere. (Schumer and his stuff, I mean)

I miss vending machines. There used to be one at Pomona College that I visited one summer and they had a beer vending machine. It was fantastic. :) Juul, you are welcome to send me all your free samples, now while you still can!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Anna

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    I remember cig vending machines. There was one at this bar I basically lived in during my 20's. Between it and the alcohol I didn't need to leave. Was right outside of the bathrooms.

Don't remember much else...

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I remember cig vending machines. There was one at this bar I basically lived in during my 20's. Between it and the alcohol I didn't need to leave. Was right outside of the bathrooms.

Don't remember much else...

Showing my age: 25 cents a pack.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Schumer calls for regulations on e-cigs to limit teen vaping
    Apparently he thinks Juul is targeting children now.
    "Schumer urged the FDA to reverse course and enact the rule, which would impose a minimum age of 18 for the faux smokes nationwide, ban them from being sold in vending machines and prohibit free samples."

I must have missed all these Juul filled vending machines and free samples.
    Cigarette taxes are high in NY. If smoking disappeared the State and the city would probably go bankrupt and the politicians who let that happen, includinng this guy, would certainly be voted out of office. A brother of min llives near the city. He says vapers are everywhere.

EIHYPI

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 15, 2017
    Cigarette taxes are high in NY. If smoking disappeared the State and the city would probably go bankrupt and the politicians who let that happen, includinng this guy, would certainly be voted out of office. A brother of min llives near the city. He says vapers are everywhere.
    Especially in Brooklyn vapers are everywhere with a vape shop within 1-2 miles wherever you go.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    Both the Daily News and Schumer have no idea what they are talking about. The article claimes that the FDA has put off enforcing the regulations, which is un true, they are still able to enforce all of the points Scumer is referring to. Rubbish article about a lunatic ill informed politician.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
    Both the Daily News and Schumer have no idea what they are talking about. The article claimes that the FDA has put off enforcing the regulations, which is un true, they are still able to enforce all of the points Scumer is referring to. Rubbish article about a lunatic ill informed politician.
    The DN is a media org and Schumer is a politician. Of course they don't have any idea what they're talking about; it's axiomatic. And if they did, they'd be lying about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread