Status
Not open for further replies.

misantroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Lausanne, Switzerland
I'm amazed to see so complicated the solutions to clean atomizers I find in this this thread !!! And potentialy dangerous too... I only think the coca methode is qûite brilliant, but coca cola also contain numerous chemicals and also sugar in large amount that I dont think is suitable for our little devices.
So take the citric acid of the coke and think a minute where else we could find it ??? LEMON juice BABY YEAHHH !!!
I thought about it in my sleep and I'm sure it will work. Going to try it out tonight maybe with a little soda water for the bubbles to go through it.
I'll let you know the results in time !

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Don’t use any other type of solvent like paint thinner or even isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) - they will destroy the unit.

It's funny you say this because I have been using rubbing alcohol (99%) for at least 2 months now with no apparent problems. Have been "recycling" the same atomizers over and over. I rinse them under water, blow them out, lay them in a bowl of alcohol overnight. Blow them out in the morning and let them sit to dry. I honestly don't know if this is removing much (or any) of the crud...but there has been no apparent damage to the atomizers.....and they continue to be usable.

Lu

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I do the same Sam,

soak o'nite in Isopropyl
then rinse with water,

boil for 4 minutes in clean water,
add some mint essence (to get rid of any residual taste)
and let soak in same boiled water till cold,

blow out and let dry,
prime it up, puff it till it goes.

using the same 4 attomizers
2 at a time for a week,
then clean as above
while using the other 2

these 4 are going on 5 months now.

I like my method.

Di ......

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I still believe an ultrasooncleaner will work for the best, so i'm trying to get me one but its out of stock I see

I have several lumps of the black goo build up from dead atomizerss on which I have been testing every chemical I can possibly think of to find something that will actually dissolve it.......and not one thing I have tried has affected them in the least...I am curious about whether an ultrasonic cleaner could perhaps break them up into particles that could be easily washed off of a coil.

~Wonder

Mar 4, 2009
I have several lumps of the black goo build up from dead atomizerss on which I have been testing every chemical I can possibly think of to find something that will actually dissolve it.......and not one thing I have tried has affected them in the least...I am curious about whether an ultrasonic cleaner could perhaps break them up into particles that could be easily washed off of a coil.
Have you tried soaking one overnight with warm water and a dryer sheet? The fabric softener in a dryer sheet is supposed to soften up burned on food from pots and pans. I'd try it myself but I haven't even gotten my starter kit yet and I am only a social smoker so it'll probably be awhile before I need a new atomizer.

From associatedcontent.com/article/608811/save_money_by_reusing_tumble_dryer.html
If you have ever burned food onto a baking tray, or pan, you will know how difficult it is to remove the burned on, hard remains from the surface. Place an unused dryer sheet in the tray or pan and fill with warm water. Leave over night and in the morning the burned material will just rinse away.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Have you tried soaking one overnight with warm water and a dryer sheet? The fabric softener in a dryer sheet is supposed to soften up burned on food from pots and pans. I'd try it myself but I haven't even gotten my starter kit yet and I am only a social smoker so it'll probably be awhile before I need a new atomizer.

From associatedcontent.com/article/608811/save_money_by_reusing_tumble_dryer.html

I have tried washing detergents with fabric softener in them and biotex...but I havent tried fabric softener itself ..I shall give it a go, there must be 'something' that dissolves it.

balldope

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Northern New Jersey - USA

My wife use this method all the time on pots and pans, I never thought of using it for this. Not sure what chemicals are in it but if boiled afterwards it should remove them.

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
I still believe an ultrasooncleaner will work for the best, so i'm trying to get me one but its out of stock I see

I tried the ultrasonic with a mild detergent and it did nothing for my atomizer. The black residue is still there. I asked my boyfriend what he thought and he said it is baked on residue that will probably need a solvent to remove.:p So, for now, I will just keep replacing the ats and maybe clean them a little more often so they do not build up quite so fast. I think that is the key.:confused:

misantroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Lausanne, Switzerland
Ok
So
After reading and testing (with success) the coke routine, I dreamed yesterday night of a healthier, more natural way : lemon juice -aby yeah-)
So after work tonight I've been trough 6 easy steps with one weak atomizer :

1 - water in a pan boiling
2 - adding lemon juice (the juice of a lemon for one atomizer)
3 - adding a little bit of salt
4 - soaking the atomizer for not more than 2 minutes in the mixture.
5 - sorting the atomizer and drying it (draining and stuff)
6 - driping puffing

THEN MAN !!!!!! BETTER THAN WHEN I GOT IT FIRST !!!! A CHIMNEY !!!! SO MUCH MORE BETTER THAN WITH THE COKE BATH !!!!
GOT YA GOT YA GOT ya :p:p:p

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Ok
So
After reading and testing (with success) the coke routine, I dreamed yesterday night of a healthier, more natural way : lemon juice -aby yeah-)

6 - driping puffing

THEN MAN !!!!!! BETTER THAN WHEN I GOT IT FIRST !!!! A CHIMNEY !!!! SO MUCH MORE BETTER THAN WITH THE COKE BATH !!!!

This sounds great - will you keep us posted on how it goes from here, please?
Thanks for that. :)

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Jim--the blow dryer works very well but you need to hold that atomizer with a potholder as it gets to hot to handle. I put mine in the oven on 150 degrees for about 10 minutes and it works very well----Sun

Sounds good. Since I'm dealing with microwaves in the rooms, I don't haqve access to a conventional oven, so I'll give the hair dryer a shot.

Idea - A wood stick, such as a doctors tongue depressor. Carve a hole to snugly fit the atomizer at one end, and hold the other end of the stick while drying.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Sounds good. Since I'm dealing with microwaves in the rooms, I don't haqve access to a conventional oven, so I'll give the hair dryer a shot.

Idea - A wood stick, such as a doctors tongue depressor. Carve a hole to snugly fit the atomizer at one end, and hold the other end of the stick while drying.

Jim--that is a great idea with the stick and the blow dryer---Seems like everone keeps thinking out of the box---Nice Jim--Thanks as that is a good tip-----Sun

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
If you have a capaccino or expresso machine, the frother tube makes a GOOD steam cleaner. Careful to use a rubber tongs! Cleans burner even for penstyle. (Use it for rings and earrings, etc. also)

Or a Jewelry steam cleaner, like Steam Jet. Should need no added cleaner or solvents for either method, just blow out (mouth or compressed air) and let dry.

carefully pick off any embedded wool.

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
Ok
So

6 - driping puffing

I tried this, and it WORKED!!!! Could not believe it!! I don't know if it actually removed the black stuff cause I can't really see down the atomizer very well, but it did bring it back to life!!! Thanks Misantroll!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread