cleaning atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanover fist

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
I don’t under stand all the fuss about cleaning atomizers most only cost about $10.00
I have two Kissbox sets and Janty c sets and they have been working for more then 30 days. I would spend $13.00 a day on cigarettes
The only thing I have done is
1 let them drain over night
2 blow them out
And the last time I used caned air to blow them out then I turned the cam upside down to let the liquid rinse out the atomizers that seemed to work the best for me.
As far as trying to get the burnt residue off ---GET A NEW ATOMIZER---:p

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I agree, handoverfist, the darned things go bad I think because the battery power doesn't stay constant using rechargeables. When something gets burned that bad there's nothing that will clean them, I mean I've cleaned a good many ovens with stuff that makes you hair curl and it does not get all the carbonized material, ever! So for 10 bucks, Nah, not even worth it. I've destructed 2 or 3 801 attys, the coil is buried in carbonized crud. You might be able to pick it off, but there's no safe solution that will dissolve it, no way, not without dissolving everthing else along with it. Blow them out every day once at least, turn them up when you go to bed, that's the best thing you can do.
People that use usb/passthroughs have not had trouble with attys like the battery users do. ONE MORE reason I wanted my Janty Stick, can't wait!

combovan

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
florida USA
I don’t under stand all the fuss about cleaning atomizers most only cost about $10.00
I have two Kissbox sets and Janty c sets and they have been working for more then 30 days. I would spend $13.00 a day on cigarettes
The only thing I have done is
1 let them drain over night
2 blow them out
And the last time I used caned air to blow them out then I turned the cam upside down to let the liquid rinse out the atomizers that seemed to work the best for me.
As far as trying to get the burnt residue off ---GET A NEW ATOMIZER---:p

I dont think its such a big issue so much with the money as it is with convience ...sometimes it hard to find suppliers with the proper atomizers or sometimes you just dont order enough one or two blow out unexpectedly.
Then you are left with one or two only waiting hoping that your order comes in or that your normal supplier has them ...also most of us hate paying shipping charges and therefore usually make one or two big orders a month with enough order for us to get thru.
So being able to take care of an atomizer or being able to make an old one last longer can become a matter of vital importance sometimes...when its either your cruddy atomizer or analouges . we all want our nicotine

rtrain99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
The 808 state
I've been using my Tobi personal steamer. It seems to do the trick. Just hold the atomizer with a pair of thongs over a steam jet for a minute. Then let it cool for 30 seconds and then blow out excess liquid. Turn it over and let it dry.

Hope this helps out some of
you folks

Be careful because the light at the end of the tunnel may be a runaway freight train

winston8256

Mar 9, 2009
Florida
I have had my atomizers for 80 days now and just noticed that one wasn't drawing. I had stored them upside down so they drained and blew them out frequently, but it was definitely getting clogged.

I put about 10 drops of rubbing alcohol in it while plugging the bottom so it would not run out. I let it sit for about a minute and then covered the top and sloshed the alcohol around then let it drain and blew out any excess.

It is now as good as new.

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
I've done vodka before (Han, amazing stuff) with so-so results, I cleaned a couple atomizers earlier with lemon juice and it worked well. One of them wasn't producing much vapor at all, the other had a permanent wintergreen flavor to it after a friend dropped a single drop of flavoring directly on the atomizer.

For the lemon juice cleaning, I rigged up a recirculating automatic cleaner w/ a pump and let it run for a minute or so, then blew dry and let sit for awhile.

h4w4ii4n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2009
Honolulu, HI
I just soak my attys in a cup of 91% iso alcohol for about an hour on sundays. Give em a good shake before draining them and stand to dry overnight. I usually get a good amount of black crap on the bottom of the cup and alcohol turns yellowish when I'm done. I do this to get the taste out so flavors don't mix and it has given me good results so far. If I can't get the burnt or metallic like taste out after the soak I toss em and order more. Btw, I have around 30 various attys in my collection and only lost 1 so far.

hobson

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Houston
... If I can't get the burnt or metallic like taste out after the soak I toss em and order more. Btw, I have around 30 various attys in my collection and only lost 1 so far.

What's the deal with that awful metallic taste? I cleaned 3 with hot water and lemon juice and now they all taste terrible. I put them away thinking I might find the solution someday. Any thoughts?

rheobase

May 26, 2009
NC, USA
I've been using my Tobi personal steamer. It seems to do the trick. Just hold the atomizer with a pair of thongs over a steam jet for a minute. Then let it cool for 30 seconds and then blow out excess liquid. Turn it over and let it dry.

An additional benefit of this method is that you are able to not only clean your atomizer, but steam-clean two thongs at the same time. I recommend the non-lace variety because they provide a better hold, and please take care to not overexpose your thongs to steam, as this may cause some shrinkage.

(just having fun with you, rtrain)

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
I just soak my attys in a cup of 91% iso alcohol for about an hour on sundays. Give em a good shake before draining them and stand to dry overnight. I usually get a good amount of black crap on the bottom of the cup and alcohol turns yellowish when I'm done. I do this to get the taste out so flavors don't mix and it has given me good results so far. If I can't get the burnt or metallic like taste out after the soak I toss em and order more. Btw, I have around 30 various attys in my collection and only lost 1 so far.

I'm trying this method right now. Thanks.

h4w4ii4n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2009
Honolulu, HI
I think the burnt/metallic taste is caked up gunk from normal usage. The one I lost was the very first pen kit I ordered and didn't know about cleaning, topping off, avoiding the slightest burnt taste etc... I think the liquid just accumulates around the coil and eventually you'll end up with black, charred black crud on your coil that no one so far can get it cleaned. I probably used that for over 2 months so to me it was $8 well spent. No real way to to clean really bad atomizers, just use them, enjoy them, clean them once in a while if you wish, and when they die, toss em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread