Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Guarantee it? How do you explain it where on fasttech you have basically two identical devices, one with a logo and one without a logo, and generally the logo version will sell equally well if not better than the logo-less version?

Depends on who made it. I would rather have one without a logo myself. What would you all prefer?

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Depends on who made it. I would rather have one without a logo myself. What would you all prefer?

Well as I have already stated, I no longer feel the need to buy clones. But I would hazard to guess that most people actually prefer the logo on their devices just for pure aesthetic reasons. Logo-less atomizers can look quite plain.

And say what you like about the Chinese, but if they thought they could make more money without branding I'm sure they would. I live in Asia where brand image, whether genuine or not, is extremely important.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Well as I have already stated, I no longer feel the need to buy clones. But I would hazard to guess that most people actually prefer the logo on their devices just for pure aesthetic reasons. Logo-less atomizers can look quite plain.

And say what you like about the Chinese, but if they thought they could make more money without branding I'm sure they would. I live in Asia where brand image, whether genuine or not, is extremely important.

I have nothing against the Chinese. In fact, I love them for making these clones so much more affordable. As far as the logo crap, it only has a small emblem on it that is barely even seen. I guess the importance of the branding thing is an Asian thing.

jmitch86

May 11, 2014
charlotte,nc
This is the only industry in the world that created a politically correct term to make people feel morally ok with buying counterfeit products. COUNTERFEIT. A clone is a genetically identical reproduction of a living organism not a counterfeit vape product. COUNTERFEIT. I no longer care to debate or argue about it. People who are the type who buy counterfeit products arent going to be swayed by me telling them they are stifling innovation and supporting not the vaping industry but the illegal economy in the capital of counterfeit, Shenzen China. COUNTERFEIT. #clonesheepnotmods #SupportVapingNotTaiping (Taiping is a city in China just to make sure everyone gets how clever that hashtag is)

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
This is the only industry in the world that created a politically correct term to make people feel morally ok with buying counterfeit products. COUNTERFEIT. A clone is a genetically identical reproduction of a living organism not a counterfeit vape product. COUNTERFEIT. I no longer care to debate or argue about it. People who are the type who buy counterfeit products arent going to be swayed by me telling them they are stifling innovation and supporting not the vaping industry but the illegal economy in the capital of counterfeit, Shenzen China. COUNTERFEIT. #clonesheepnotmods #SupportVapingNotTaiping (Taiping is a city in China just to make sure everyone gets how clever that hashtag is)

Call it What you want. I refuse to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a device that costs a few dollars to make. These clones (what I like to call them) are being sold for what the authentic ones should be. I don't care how much research and development goes into them. They are charging way too much for them. These companies are in it for the money. The Chinese sellers who make theses clones sell them for what they're worth. These clones also make it easier for people who can't afford those ridiculous high prices so more people can enjoy vaping instead of smoking. I thank these developers for their work but they don't need to charge that much.

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
You obviously have no CLUE what it takes to "make a piece of steel with a few holes in it" or whatever it is that you feel mod makers do.

Have you ever worked in a machine shop? Have you ever cut threads? Have you ever gotten off your ivory tower and used your hands on a lathe to turn a mod? Use a CNC machine? CAD/CAM designware? Do you know what a thread mill is?

I have, and i can tell you it costs much more "than a few bucks to make"

Example. Go buy a GP Paps v3 from vapourart.com

Now go to alibaba or craptech and buy the same counterfeit device for 12.99

Which device is better?
Thats what i thought

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
Also, you act like vapers have only 2 vaping options

Option A...buy 2 or three authentic high end mods and RBAs and shell out 2grand for your vaping.

Option B - go to fasttech and buy 10 throwaway mods and atties that wont last 6 months

With the huge variety of devices in 2015...EVERYONE has the ability to find a happy medium of cost, performance, quality, and individual needs.

Clone supporterz act as if someone is holding a gun to their head saying "YOU MUST EITHER BUY THIS $200 AUTHENTIC OR THE $20 clone. If you dont...ILL KILL EVERYONE YOU KNOW."

Why not just buy a Subtank mini and an Istick 30/50 watt and have a legit device that is reliable and vapes well.

Do you buy the clone for the logo? Is it a status thing? I dont get it one bit.

Stealing is stealing is stealing. At least be man enough to admit to what you are doing and not try to shroud your guilt in "affordability" or "overpriced crap". You are supporting thieves no matter which way you cut it.

Mic drop

Rant over

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
It doesn't cost a lot to make these. Yea the machine costs a lot but it's paid for already. All the clones that I have bought are just as good as the authentic ones. I always wait to hear the guinea pigs to buy theirs first and wait to hear who makes the best ones and then go for that one. Every time I do this they are perfect clones at a great price. If they don't want their devices cloned, they should do something about it. They don't because they don't care. They are making way too much money to care.

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
Lets say there are 15 million people in the world who use mechanical mods. Now if you add up all the authentic mods ever made I doubt it is even remotely close to that number. I support clones because it's easier for someone working 30 hours a week at minimum wage to afford. Not everybody has $75-$4000 to use for authentic mods or toppers. It's just whatever keeps you off cigarettes. I don't buy clones for logos but rather for a performance similar to the authentic and in some cases the clone can actually be better.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
Actually clones are made because China can, without reprisal. They've been backdooring Honda motor company for years. Harbor frieght is full of 6.5 hp small Honda engine clones, Roketa motorcycles are out right Honda clones. I could continue into the R/C world of cheap Chinese clones but why it's the same end result. Unfortunately I don't have much disposable income I use Chinese regulated mods just fine. I do have one high end mod left a dna 40 that cost me $120 but it's a one off authentic of my own design and build.

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
Also if you really think about it "counterfeit" would not be the proper term. The definition of counterfeit is "made in exact imitation of something valuable or important with the intention to deceive or defraud." A clone mod states it is a clone mod not an authentic (Not counting people who try to sell clones as authentics). The design is the same and sometimes the logos are there. The price point is the drastic change as is the quality sometimes.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Want a clone? Get a clone. But don't tell me there aren't other affordable options.

Want an original? Get an original. But don't tell me 'original' is synonymous with product of idealistic/creative genius.

Sometimes it's easier to respect what people do than how they justify doing it. :D

/rant off and sleep tight fine folks :)

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I think it all depends where you stand in the supply chain. For most of those who buy clones, dollars to doughnuts, they would be the first to cry foul if their own jobs were outsourced to China.

This has long been an argument in the software industry. Having said that - Microsoft wouldn't be where it is today if it hadn't allowed , even encouraged, pirated copies of it's software in the beginning.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
I don't really mind shelling out for a a high end atty I like...I hate shelling out for a high end authentic that is a so so vape...I got a satburn clone...I'm glad I did I would have been ...... to have paid that much for the original....my biggest gripe with authentics is availablity...I'm not going to spend my days trying to track down an atty or waiting 6 months for it..if the clone is out and I'm interested in the atty I'm getting the clone...if it's a good vape I'll buy the authentic when it is availabe.I like supporting the original modders whenever I canw without the original modders we would all be vaping youde atties and igos.....if you want innovation you have to support authentics.
I am not somebody that chases unicorns burned out on that or is a collector I don't need a dozen attys clone or authentic I'm not impressed with your shelf full of authentic attys you never vape, and I am not impressed with a shelf full of clones and how much money you saved niether one impresses me.
I'm more impressed with somebody who knows how to build in order to get the best vape out of what they got, and people who have 3 attys that are excellent vapes rather than 2 dozen attys that the owner can't coax a decent vape out of......I'm more impressed by what people know about vaping than what they own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread