[CLOSED BUSINESS] Bionic Vapor Virtual Home of the Minion Empire (Chit-chat, support)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
Many of you may not know this, but about sixteen months ago I was terminated from my job.(I believe that I was wrongfully terminated, but that's another story)
In those sixteen months we have struggled mightily, falling way behind on everything. We are extremely close to losing the house, and have creditors breathing down our necks constantly.
I have been working, and so does the wife, but the job market is terrible. Low wages, crappy jobs. It's not like we haven't been trying.
The job that I was terminated from was a union job, and not only a good job, but a GREAT JOB.
I was there for over thirty years.
I have been in contact with the union about reinstatement on a regular basis.

Well, today I got a call from my union rep, and I go back Monday
I will not receive any back pay, but I am okay with that. I am so happy right now.
The happiest that I can remember being in a long time.

I still am waiting for the company rep to call me with the news. (I have to hear from him before it's official) but I believe I will have my GREAT JOB back on Monday!!!!!!!

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Many of you may not know this, but about sixteen months ago I was terminated from my job.(I believe that I was wrongfully terminated, but that's another story)
In those sixteen months we have struggled mightily, falling way behind on everything. We are extremely close to losing the house, and have creditors breathing down our necks constantly.
I have been working, and so does the wife, but the job market is terrible. Low wages, crappy jobs. It's not like we haven't been trying.
The job that I was terminated from was a union job, and not only a good job, but a GREAT JOB.

I will not receive any back pay, but I am okay with that. I am so happy right now.

I still am waiting for the company rep to call me with the news. (I have to hear from him before it's official) but I believe I will have my GREAT JOB back on Monday!!!!!!!
Congrats buddy! I'm so happy for you!

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana

Thats great news! Awesome! :toast:

rmk_kelly

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2014
Winchester, VA, USA
whodat2110...that is great news. I am happy for you!

Me on the other hand got the news that I will most likely be unemployed come August (our prime lost our major contract). Fortunately I rent and don't have any debt to speak of. I also have a GREAT JOB at the moment. I will be deeply sadden by this...I have been with this company almost 10 years. If this all comes to pass...I will probably move back to AL.

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
I am so happy right now.

This kind of news is always good to hear about. Congratulations and thanks for making me smile!

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA

That is the most awesome news whodat!!! I'm so happy to hear it! You deserve some good news like that! Woohoo! :toast:

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
whodat2110...that is great news. I am happy for you!

Me on the other hand got the news that I will most likely be unemployed come August (our prime lost our major contract). Fortunately I rent and don't have any debt to speak of. I also have a GREAT JOB at the moment. I will be deeply sadden by this...I have been with this company almost 10 years. If this all comes to pass...I will probably move back to AL.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that...that really blows! I hope things work out for you...sending good vibes your way!

BTW, where in AL...I'm originally from an area between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa, and then lived in Huntsville for many years too.

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
We want pics:)

Don't have any great pictures yet. She's busy exploring her new cage that is like twice the size of her old one. :p

XwSzBcj.png

rmk_kelly

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2014
Winchester, VA, USA
Thanks, Angel! Near Ft. Rucker (Dothan area).

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that...that really blows! I hope things work out for you...sending good vibes your way!

BTW, where in AL...I'm originally from an area between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa, and then lived in Huntsville for many years too.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca

So happy for you. I hate it the way companies seem to be able to screw us over even if we are union. Congrats to you, I'll keep good thoughts for you, hope things work out for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread