Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Hi all. Happy 4th. Hope y'all are having a fabulous long weekend!
Brew, I"m jealous. I've yet to make it to Maui. I've been to Oahu (way too crowded) and the Big Island (loved it; it's where I'd retire to if possible).
Del, gratz on you new purchase. I think you'll love it.
It's been a busy summer here so far. I got my house repainted; it needed it desperately. However, now that my house looks great, it only shows how bad my picket fence looks. So I had it torn down and am replacing it with a wrought iron fence.
On the vaping front, I bought a Dripbox 160, with a Tsunami v2 hanging on it. Loving it! I won't say I prefer it to my REOs, but it's got better airflow and clouds of vapor. Even better than my Chalice. And it squonks like a dream! After summer's over and I get back to a dependable paycheck, I'm gonna break down and get a LP REO Grand.
On an unrelated note, this summer I've gotten into a blondie phase (that's baking, not hair color or music, lol). BTW, blondies are like chocolate chip cookies made like brownies. In honor of the 4th, I'll share with you guys my recipe, so you have something quick and easy to bring with you to tomorrow's cookout.

Prof’s Blondies

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
1 cup ap flour
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease 8x8 pan.

2. Stir together butter and sugar.

3. Add egg and vanilla and stir until combined.

4. To sifter, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift into wet mixture. Stir until just combined.

That’s your basic batter. Now the fun part: add ½ cup of nuts and 2/3 cup of whatever else you wish. The basic recipe calls for chocolate chips and walnuts. I’ve also used white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, as well as butterscotch chips and pecans (my current favorite). For my next attempt, I’ll probably try Reeses Pieces and chopped peanuts.

5. Place into oven and cook for 22-25 minutes.

6. Cool and cut.

Oh and you can double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan. It'll probably take about 5 minutes longer to cook though.

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
Good Morning Trippyville,
Had a great 4th weekend as the rain forecast for Friday through Tuesday did let up @ 5pm on Sunday, so our fireworks extravaganza went off without a hitch. Did another volley on the actual 4th and have fully covered the back 3 acres with exploded cardboard remnants.
:evil:

Had a 500gram box firework catch fire 45 minutes after we finished the show on the 3rd but a couple of my friends and myself jumped into firefighter mode to extinguish the flames before it charred the lawn. We had piled up all of the boxed firework containers after they were fired but one of them must have been smoldering inside. I saw a small pinpoint of light coming from that pile that pretty quickly grew to a bonfire like blaze. Had to scavenge all of the hoses from around the house to reach out the 200 feet where we were firing the stuff and we looked like a well-practiced crew. I think the attendees were as impressed with the suppression effort as the were with the explosive display. Brew

Last edited:

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
Hey Reidus,
Will have to pass this on to Mrs. Brew but hope she doesn't make them until our next gathering. Gained 4lbs in Hawaii that needs to come back off ASAP. Still 35 down from my high but last years crazy work schedule had me off the treadmill sitting at the computer far too many hours a day. Amazing how easy it was to gain back weight when I'm wasn't walking 5 miles a day!

Maui was definitely beautiful and had already heard Oahu was just another "Big City". I am hoping to see the Big Island(Hawaii)before too many years pass. For now I'm actually glad to be back and working as the bills finally came in from all our fun!!:shock:

May want to check in on the REO Grands as Robert has closed the REO forum and is going into semi-retirement. I just hope he'll continue his repair and parts offering as he stated when the forum was closed.

We too have some home repair coming including painting, electrical shenanigans(fuse boxes need verification & relabeling) and some minor chimney-fascia repairs. No rest for the wicked. Brew

Hi all. Happy 4th. Hope y'all are having a fabulous long weekend!
Brew, I"m jealous. I've yet to make it to Maui. I've been to Oahu (way too crowded) and the Big Island (loved it; it's where I'd retire to if possible).
Del, gratz on you new purchase. I think you'll love it.
It's been a busy summer here so far. I got my house repainted; it needed it desperately. However, now that my house looks great, it only shows how bad my picket fence looks. So I had it torn down and am replacing it with a wrought iron fence.
On the vaping front, I bought a Dripbox 160, with a Tsunami v2 hanging on it. Loving it! I won't say I prefer it to my REOs, but it's got better airflow and clouds of vapor. Even better than my Chalice. And it squonks like a dream! After summer's over and I get back to a dependable paycheck, I'm gonna break down and get a LP REO Grand.
On an unrelated note, this summer I've gotten into a blondie phase (that's baking, not hair color or music, lol). BTW, blondies are like chocolate chip cookies made like brownies. In honor of the 4th, I'll share with you guys my recipe, so you have something quick and easy to bring with you to tomorrow's cookout.

Prof’s Blondies

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
1 cup ap flour
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease 8x8 pan.

2. Stir together butter and sugar.

3. Add egg and vanilla and stir until combined.

4. To sifter, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift into wet mixture. Stir until just combined.

That’s your basic batter. Now the fun part: add ½ cup of nuts and 2/3 cup of whatever else you wish. The basic recipe calls for chocolate chips and walnuts. I’ve also used white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, as well as butterscotch chips and pecans (my current favorite). For my next attempt, I’ll probably try Reeses Pieces and chopped peanuts.

5. Place into oven and cook for 22-25 minutes.

6. Cool and cut.

Oh and you can double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan. It'll probably take about 5 minutes longer to cook though.

Reactions: Delilah718

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Regarding REOs...check out at least the first and last post, but reading through the 250 posts will shed a tear. Reonaughts and Tripsters are cut from the same cloth. In the beginning, many of the Tripsters came over from Reoville, or through Trippyville, found thier first Reo (that was my path). And then there were the Phiniacs.

Closing the forum

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Brew,
Thanks for the heads-up. I went ahead and bit the bullet. Gratz on the fire. You rock! Of course everybody (especially the men) were impressed. We Men! We dig Fire! ;)
Sedge, I feel the same. I've got a boatload of Phinnies I almost never use anymore. The REOs and trippys, however.... Every time I go into my local vape shop, the kids ask me about them. I had to bring in my VV REO to explain to one of them what "squonking" was (this was before they started carrying the Dripbox).
On an unrelated note, is it as hot where you are as it is here? at 7:00 this morning, the temp was 84, with a feel of 92! I"ve got a batch of gazpacho chilling in the fridge for supper tonight.
Y"all have a great week!

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
75°F this morning but dew-point was 76°F. Then up to the mid-80s with no breeze and a heat-index at 100°F
We are definitely big on rain and heat this summer.

So true on fire. Haven't met a guy yet who wasn't a semi-pyro at heart.

I never see a squonker in the wild. Everyone round these parts is rocking a Evod (or similar) or some kind of RTA on a clone tube mod. Never see much REAL high-end hardware except an occasional battered Provari.

I think we're doing brats and potatoes left over from the 4th. Will be my 3rd night this week for Brats but I'm really not complaining. I try to steer away from the processed meats but pepperoni, brats and hotdogs/wieners are my weaknesses. Hope you have a great weekend as well. Brew

Brew,
Thanks for the heads-up. I went ahead and bit the bullet. Gratz on the fire. You rock! Of course everybody (especially the men) were impressed. We Men! We dig Fire! ;)
Sedge, I feel the same. I've got a boatload of Phinnies I almost never use anymore. The REOs and trippys, however.... Every time I go into my local vape shop, the kids ask me about them. I had to bring in my VV REO to explain to one of them what "squonking" was (this was before they started carrying the Dripbox).
On an unrelated note, is it as hot where you are as it is here? at 7:00 this morning, the temp was 84, with a feel of 92! I"ve got a batch of gazpacho chilling in the fridge for supper tonight.
Y"all have a great week!

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
Brew,
Y"all have a great week!

Sad what's going going on over at phiniacs now. They don't make them anymore. I still use tanks for out and about and am in the market for some skinny regulars as well as cobalt regulars if you're looking to unload :D

The weather has been miserable here, not as hot as you have there, but almost no rain, as said above. My bee balm may not survive. Good thing I have hummingbird feeders!

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Good Morning Trippy friends,
QQ7y6.gif

Thank goodness July 4th is over! One of my doggie girls trembled for almost a week! :(

I can't wait for this heat wave to be over too! Upwards of 90 degrees all week with high humidity! Thank all goodness for AC!

@Brew1961 - Wow - what a crazy way to end a July 4th gathering! Yikes!:shock:
So glad no one was hurt :thumb:

(((((((((@sedge)))))))) you made me nostalgic! That was my path too, REOvil to Trippyvil. :wub:
Everyone stay cool and hydrated & have a great weekend!:toast:

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Morning all. Hope y'all are staying cool.
Sorry, Delilah, I was never really into the skinnys. Mine are all regulars and xls.
We finally got a bit of rain yesterday. Didn't cool things down a low, but every bit helps.
Yesterday I made a classic: my grandma's Lemonade Pie. It's not really hers; it's one of those ubiquitous recipes from the 50s or 60s that popped up in BHaG or other ladies magazines. But she used to make it for us every summer growing up. Anyway, if you don't know it, you take a 6oz. can of frozen lemonade concentrate, a can of sweetened condensed milk, and a 8oz. tub of Cool whip, mix them together and pour into a graham cracker crust. Stick in the freezer for several hours and it's ready.
BTW, my REO is supposed to come in on MOnday. I'll post pics.

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
Morning all. Hope y'all are staying cool.
Sorry, Delilah, I was never really into the skinnys. Mine are all regulars and xls.
We finally got a bit of rain yesterday. Didn't cool things down a low, but every bit helps.
Yesterday I made a classic: my grandma's Lemonade Pie. It's not really hers; it's one of those ubiquitous recipes from the 50s or 60s that popped up in BHaG or other ladies magazines. But she used to make it for us every summer growing up. Anyway, if you don't know it, you take a 6oz. can of frozen lemonade concentrate, a can of sweetened condensed milk, and a 8oz. tub of Cool whip, mix them together and pour into a graham cracker crust. Stick in the freezer for several hours and it's ready.
BTW, my REO is supposed to come in on MOnday. I'll post pics.
One of my faves! Mrs. Brew uses limeade to make a Keylime imatation identical to your Grandmother's recipe. She also does a Peanut Butter pie in a similar fashion...So yummy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Good Morning Sedge & TrippyTipsters!
QQ7y6.gif

Today I am going to try to make my first coil for my first rebuildable tank! :shock:
Wish me luck you all! :w00t:

A refreshing and lovely day to all! :thumbs:

W63DP0K.gif

Bert!
megaphone-3876.gif
Oh Bert!

It sure would be nice to hear from you! It's been too long! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread