• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cloud chasers report here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duner

Apr 7, 2013
Salt Lake City, UT
My latest build is chucking clouds w/ great flavor- my first quad coil: 28awg, 10 wraps, 5/64 @ .37 ohms on cotton. I built it in a Quasar with the air flow wide open, loaded up with G2 Vapor Drunk Monkey, pushing it with a VCT4 in a V3Tronix Flip.
I've been patiently trying Rips builds. The one I just pulled out was the Dragon Nano, wasn't impressed. I changed the cotton wrap to expose both ends of both coils and lined up the vents so that air was sucked through the coils like a vertical chimney build in my KFL. Great flavor but weak vapor.

Ehrielle

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2014
Fine City
Flavour first, cloud second for me.

Not totally going to dismiss cloud chasing.... it is definitely part of the whole experience :)

I'm on the kayfun now and will soon give the chimney micro coil method a try.

Reviewer said it will boost the taste as well as the clouds

Same for me, flavour is essential, nowadays using mech mods will definitely boost your cloud. Always amuses me when our smoking room at home is hazy due to clouds.

Dianhoonho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Chinaphilipore
Same for me, flavour is essential, nowadays using mech mods will definitely boost your cloud. Always amuses me when our smoking room at home is hazy due to clouds.

It's not the mech mod that give clouds. It's the coil build, juice composition, wick and Rba that determines how much vapor u get.

I could use an apv, 1.2ohms single coil, cotton wick, dripper and get very thick clouds.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Outdated

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
SEA
9e5yvepu.jpg

My latest experiment. This single coil gives really good flavor and warm vapor at single coil. I will try to dual this guy.

This uses 2x 28awg and 2x 0.9 ribbon, hand twisted using pin vice becoz i don't have power tools, sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jovinho

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Stinkapore
I just tried 12 wraps nano on my PT2 with my MVP2 on 7 watts and 8 watts. Seems like it takes longer time to heat up and i don't get as much vapour.

I just tried this build yesterday and find that there is a lingering burnt taste sometimes. I did it for a couple of PT heads with 28awg kanthal and cosmetic cotton. any advice?

It is possible to do micro coil builds with silica? bcos i have some ekowool left and i cant figure out how to push them past the small holes

EU6EN3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
red dot
It's not the mech mod that give clouds. It's the coil build, juice composition, wick and Rba that determines how much vapor u get.

I could use an apv, 1.2ohms single coil, cotton wick, dripper and get very thick clouds.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Yes.. Is not about the MOD. Mod only give you the warm/cold vapes you preferred. And i agree with Ben, KFL do give a decent clouds when you know how and what to build.

Try build a 28kanthal 8/9 wraps chimney micro coils/cotton on a KFL+(Max the hole) with 70/30 juice on a 13.5watts VV/VW.

Results: 1.2ohms; super airy draw, warm and great flav. As for cloud 70/30, do i have to say more?

Jarmun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Sunken City
You will throw your clearos away really soon.

Correct prediction from 3months back. Lol.

Tried various builds on various rba/rda. Currently more or less settled on 4/5 wraps of 30awg kanthal with solid ekowool in taifun gt, running on 75/25 juice. Still good flavors with almost fluffy clouds while I experiment on building other attys. :D

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Correct prediction from 3months back. Lol.

Tried various builds on various rba/rda. Currently more or less settled on 4/5 wraps of 30awg kanthal with solid ekowool in taifun gt, running on 75/25 juice. Still good flavors with almost fluffy clouds while I experiment on building other attys. :D

If you modify the tank by adding a ceramic and using nano coil 6/7 wraps of 26awg, 0.8 ~ 1ohm using cotton. The vape and taste is nice and will get the kind of fluffy clouds that you want

Jarmun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Sunken City
If you modify the tank by adding a ceramic and using nano coil 6/7 wraps of 26awg, 0.8 ~ 1ohm using cotton. The vape and taste is nice and will get the kind of fluffy clouds that you want
I'm not sure i'm at that skill level yet... the GT is currently the only one i rebuild with frequent success (cheated, with a strand of solid ekowool that fits the groove perfectly everytime). The moment i swap to cotton, its a hit and miss thingy with gurgling (eventual flood) or choked (dry hits) being regular mishaps.

Will have to practice more to get that control nailed down. :blush:

Thanks for the tip though, will keep an eye out for ceramic deck i can salvage.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
I'm not sure i'm at that skill level yet... the GT is currently the only one i rebuild with frequent success (cheated, with a strand of solid ekowool that fits the groove perfectly everytime). The moment i swap to cotton, its a hit and miss thingy with gurgling (eventual flood) or choked (dry hits) being regular mishaps.

I am due to change my setup, will take some pic on the initial setup and share some tip for you to prevent flooding

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City

I coiled my KFL using awg27 5/6 wraps based on nano coil

y3yqy5er.jpg

Tested based on 1ohm. Make sure you test the coil first using the ohm meter

Once tested the coil, mount on your mod and fire and ensure you coil is evenly spread and make adjustment to the coil position.

Let it cool down and insert the cotton wick

2yny5aqe.jpg

Setup the rest of the tank and you will get good taste and vapour.

Once I set up the TF GT, will post the pic. Setup almost the same

Marcellus

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Lion City
Hey guys, i need some help. I'm currently on a RSST rba and with all that i've read i understand that a micro coil with a cotton wick would be the most optimal build for my Rsst to achieve the most smoke of course but i was wondering what awg size would one use? 28, 30 or 32? I mean this would affect the resistance right? But i've also read that with a Rsst's long positive post, it would be better if i could build the micro coil longer as to have a more contact/surface area with the wick or am i wrong about this? Sorry and thanks :)

Outdated

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
SEA
I suggest you use 28 awg because it is thicker and more durable than 30/32 and will make your life a lot easier and obviously gives lower resistance.

Longer coil basically increase the resistance, i suggest you try 8 loops on 2mm screw driver and see how you like the vapor then reduce to 6 or 5 if you feel vapor production is lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread