Cloupor Mini Mod 30W

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
I too have been using mine pretty much exclusively for 3 weeks now. I love this little thing and wouldn't hesitate to buy another provided the reason wasn't this one going up in smoke.
Mine came from an eBay seller in Mason IA.
Size wise comparing to the smok line or ipv mini or even the segelei mini this thing is just tiny. It's an istick with girth and it fits wonderful in the hand.
Those on the fence imho I think it's worth the risk. Just be cautious when your going to be away from it for awhile and that might give you peace of mind.
Hey Jay did you get your Nano yet ? I see kanger has different colored o rings . Not sure if the rings are for the nano. I'm waiting for the nano's to come down on price.

Jayscuzzi

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2014
North Central, Il.
Don't even get me started on if I got it yet lol. I've never had problems with vaporbeast in 2 years using them. My order WILL be here today after a day trip from California to Illinois. I think when they said it was in stock it really wasn't. After 5 days no movement and an email from me suddenly it started moving.
Should have it in hands around noon. I'll report tonight what I think.
9 days total time [emoji16]

It could be worse. I ordered mine just before these stories started coming out.... and it shipped quickly, so I couldn't cancel my order. Now I'm waiting for the mailman to deliver a $35 paperweight. :facepalm:

While it appears that we cannot get serial numbers or the batch run that may be the culprit, perhaps we can narrow down the batch by vendor? For example, the CM I'm waiting for is from elev8vape.

I got mine from elev8vape and I have been using it pretty heavy for over two weeks with no problems. I used the usb to charge it twice when I first got it, but I stopped using it when I heard about this problem.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I got mine from elev8vape and I have been using it pretty heavy for over two weeks with no problems. I used the usb to charge it twice when I first got it, but I stopped using it when I heard about this problem.

Good to know. Now, if only we could find out where some of the failed devices came from.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Not that it likely matters, but I've seen two different types of warranty stickers on the Mini. Mine is a round one, I've seen rectangular ones as well.

Interesting...I hadn't noticed that. For what it's worth, mine is rectangular and I have no issues with mine or charging via USB.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Since Sept. 17th at 8:00am .. duh

Actually, they made an amendment to the USB specs in '07 but widely accepted and used by '09.

Not that it likely matters, but I've seen two different types of warranty stickers on the Mini. Mine is a round one, I've seen rectangular ones as well.

What warranty sticker are you talking about? I don't see one.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight other than having entertained buying a Cloupor Mini early on.

I'm a little perplexed by a lot of the "mine has no problems" comments. For that I'm certainly glad but it kind of reads as "mine hasn't burst into flames yet". I'll not presume to opine what others should do with their units but had I actually purchased a Cloupor Mini I'd be extremely reluctant to use it until such time a definitive characteristic is found which clearly identifies the potentially faulty units.

Again, I don't own one so perhaps I'm out of line here... but, dang, be careful folks.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight other than having entertained buying a Cloupor Mini early on.

I'm a little perplexed by a lot of the "mine has no problems" comments. For that I'm certainly glad but it kind of reads as "mine hasn't burst into flames yet". I'll not presume to opine what others should do with their units but had I actually purchased a Cloupor Mini I'd be extremely reluctant to use it until such time a definitive characteristic is found which clearly identifies the potentially faulty units.

Again, I don't own one so perhaps I'm out of line here... but, dang, be careful folks.

I am in agreement that we should be careful...that's why I only charge mine via USB while I am at my desk and am prepared to take immediate action.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...

I'm a little perplexed by a lot of the "mine has no problems" comments. For that I'm certainly glad but it kind of reads as "mine hasn't burst into flames yet". .

And my '86 Audi 100 Turbo didn't drive through a garage wall yet.

And that folks, is one reason I'm by default so skeptical about some of this stuff. My car, that I (foolishly?) paid a fortune to import, took a HUGE depreciation hit after 60 Minutes ran a story about unintended acceleration that was later proven to be user-error AND media doctoring. It also almost ruined Audi in the US for years.

Skeptical does not mean incredulous in my case, however.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
And my '86 Audi 100 Turbo didn't drive through a garage wall yet.

And that folks, is one reason I'm by default so skeptical about some of this stuff. My car, that I (foolishly?) paid a fortune to import, took a HUGE depreciation hit after 60 Minutes ran a story about unintended acceleration that was later proven to be user-error AND media doctoring. It also almost ruined Audi in the US for years.

Skeptical does not mean incredulous in my case, however.

Like I said, I don't presume to tell anyone what they should do. However, the two scenarios are barely analogous, if at all. Comparing the importation of an expensive car from Europe which was maligned by the mainstream media, justly or not, to a $30 mod known to be potentially dangerous (with pictures from users to support the claims) seems tenuous. I doubt the folks whose units have gone up in flames had any sort of preexisting agenda.

I'll shut up now.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
i hear cloupor was having a fire sale! so i took advantage:

CAM00183.jpg
[/url]

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Day Five with my Cloupor Mini. I'm still diggin' it. So far, it hasn't blown up, melted down, or caught fire. Neither have I.

I'm thankful on both counts.

I figure the difference between a unit that works and one that goes haywire (bad solder joints perhaps?) can probably be measured in microns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread