Co-Op Interest for L-Rider Lavatubes for $30 each unit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
FROM ANNOTHER FORUMI opened an coop thread for anyone that's interested in the Lavatube:

***LAVATUBE CO-OP***

Post your interest in that thread, but your questions here please.

The other thread is so I know who to include in the coop without having to backtrack through here looking for interested parties.

The coop is nearing it's final planning stages and everything should be ready for ordering once I get the purchase orders from L-Rider and the battery suppliers.

Everyone in here that wants an LT gets an automatic reservation in the first coop. Everyone else on the ECF will be selected via lotto number picks.

aint that sooo nice of him....

The first coop is gonna be small, but the coops after are gonna be HUGE!

From the OTHER FORUM..

OH AND HERES ANNOTHER ONE FOR YOU WHO THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO PAY 20 BUCKS

Due to the massive turn out on the ECF, I'd pre-planned servicing about 100 people, including everyone here.

Each person would receive the following:

(1) 18650 LT (original in black)
(1) 18350 LT (mini in black)
(2) Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250mah (10A) high drain
(2) BIO IMR 18650 1500mah high drain
(2) BIO IMR 18350 800mah high drain

There will be (3) of each model as back-ups with batteries.
The back-ups are replacements for expected DOA and or manufacturing defects.
(1.5% of entire shipment)

Current price: $58.80

That's everything shipped to my door which includes LT cost, LT freight, battery cost, battery 4% International Paypal fees and battery freight....for 97 people and 3 back-ups.

The extension for the mini won't be available until June/July when their new and improved version is scheduled for release. It's unclear at this time whether or not the extension can be used with current versions, but I am checking.

All that's left is for me to check HS codes for possible import tariff's, priority mail, a wire transfer fee (to L-Rider) and minor expenses.

However, because of ECF restrictions, I've gone over budget and I'm gonna have to reduce the total coop. So I'm either going to cut everything in half (1 LT w/3 batts) or serve 50 people for the first coop.

Will let you know more once I have the tariff costs and have calculated my expenses and priority mail.

Sorry I lied about not posting here anymore but this REALLY REALLY ...... ME OFF!!!

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
Please count me as interested but leary and tired... I know I opted out a few posts back, but honestly screw it. It is what it is... With my luck, I won't be in the first wave anyway.

Just post your interest in the other forum, he has told them everyone there will get one this time around.

Briachas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Munfordville, Ky
Everyone in here that wants an LT gets an automatic reservation in the first coop. Everyone else on the ECF will be selected via lotto number picks.

Now how are you going to start a Co-Op here 01/10/12 and give first priority to another forum started 02/01/12? That is just plain wrong!

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
FROM ANNOTHER FORUMI opened an coop thread for anyone that's interested in the Lavatube:

***LAVATUBE CO-OP***

Post your interest in that thread, but your questions here please.

The other thread is so I know who to include in the coop without having to backtrack through here looking for interested parties.

The coop is nearing it's final planning stages and everything should be ready for ordering once I get the purchase orders from L-Rider and the battery suppliers.

aint that sooo nice of him....

The first coop is gonna be small, but the coops after are gonna be HUGE!

From the OTHER FORUM..

OH AND HERES ANNOTHER ONE FOR YOU WHO THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO PAY 20 BUCKS

Due to the massive turn out on the ECF, I'd pre-planned servicing about 100 people, including everyone here.

Each person would receive the following:

(1) 18650 LT (original in black)
(1) 18350 LT (mini in black)
(2) Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250mah (10A) high drain
(2) BIO IMR 18650 1500mah high drain
(2) BIO IMR 18350 800mah high drain

There will be (3) of each model as back-ups with batteries.
The back-ups are replacements for expected DOA and or manufacturing defects.
(1.5% of entire shipment)

Current price: $58.80

That's everything shipped to my door which includes LT cost, LT freight, battery cost, battery 4% International Paypal fees and battery freight....for 97 people and 3 back-ups.

The extension for the mini won't be available until June/July when their new and improved version is scheduled for release. It's unclear at this time whether or not the extension can be used with current versions, but I am checking.

All that's left is for me to check HS codes for possible import tariff's, priority mail, a wire transfer fee (to L-Rider) and minor expenses.

However, because of ECF restrictions, I've gone over budget and I'm gonna have to reduce the total coop. So I'm either going to cut everything in half (1 LT w/3 batts) or serve 50 people for the first coop.

Will let you know more once I have the tariff costs and have calculated my expenses and priority mail.

Sorry I lied about not posting here anymore but this REALLY REALLY ...... ME OFF!!!

WTF?!?!?!?!?!

Out for real now...screw this.

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
Just post your interest in the other forum, he has told them everyone there will get one this time around.

Its worth paying $50-$60 to not deal with this dude, this CO-OP should be shut down. I don't see how its ok for an ECF CO-OP to be run concurrently with a CO-OP from another forum. Especially one that gives the other preferential treatment.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I understand, as ecf has stricter rules. ecf tries to protect its members (think democrats) from harming themselves. note the new classified rules. I don't think this is a bad thing, it just is how they run their site.

The other forum has very little in rules. They believe the members should police themselves, and are mature enough to understand the risks (think libertarians). If the co-op goes bad... well, you pay your money, you roll the dice.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Hold on a sec... be right back... OK, carry on...
beer_mug.gif
popcrn.gif

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Now how are you going to start a Co-Op here 01/10/12 and give first priority to another forum started 02/01/12? That is just plain wrong!

The interest thread at the other forum was FIRST and began way back in December, in an entirely separate thread.

And for whatever twisted reason the "poison pill" has for painting me as a liar, just isn't accurate in the least.

Joker was informed of ALL of this before I even opened the interest thread in here!!

And like I've stated many times, if you don't have all of the facts, don't make assumptions.

I'm an unpaid volunteer that's offering a NOT FOR PROFIT Co-Op.

I'm a fair and honest man, so if you choose not to believe that, then move on.

Everyone is gonna get everything AT COST as I've already showed Joker the invoices.

And I've already stated that I'm considering holding a separate coop for the batteries, so the first coop is just gonna be for the LT's.

But since I still cannot verify the import taxes yet, I can't open the coop until I have that information.

So again, everything will be disclosed in detail once the coop opens and I have all of the costs verified and APPROVED.

And then if you want to ask Joker of it's all legitimate, be my guest!

Matter of fact, I would encourage it.

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
as I have been reading all of your posts over at the other forum, why dont you just stay there. You seem to be alot more open with information with them any way. Posts of the Moq/price lists various battery vendors and their prices etc. Yet when I have asked MANY times for you to post them here you don't.

By the way I am all for being an entrepreneur but when you charge 40bucks for information to receive free samples and then go on to say for another 40 send you the parts and you will build it is down right shady, when the information is publicly available. Would you like me to continue? There are several other things I can go on about.

I am sorry buddy but these people here are my family and I will not see them be taken (or at least I will give them ALL the facts so they can make their own decision.) If any one has a problem with that it is your problem. But When I see something that doesn't sit right with me I will point it out.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
WTF, how is that fair? didn't you say in your first post "the first 100"? I've been in since day one, but now maybe not based on random chance?

I agree, I thought I was in from the beginning. Oh well, random numbers? OK I never win at those things. And I am not throwing temper tantrums. I realize how hard you have worked on this Shek. I will wait around and see whats up, I am just not good in contest.

Last edited:

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
And then if you want to ask Joker of it's all legitimate, be my guest!

Matter of fact, I would encourage it.

Please do not overload my inbox with questions. Just read this statement.

1. ECF imposes $$ limits on all first time CO-OP organizers, members with less than 1 year on the forum, non-active members, and members with less than perfect history. Shek falls with in the new member and first time CO-OP organizer category. Shek and I have discussed the limits imposed upon his CO-OP numerous times and he understands our stance on this issue. Keep in mind, if he were to service everyone wanting to participate, the amount of funds involve could reach close to $20,000.

2. To answer the question regarding Shek running a CO-OP on another forum, that's none of our business. We have enough business to attend to on ECF without going to other places on the web to dig up more. Our concern is here and the ECF members. I was advised there was another forum he was doing the CO-OP, how he handles it there is his prerogative, I'm only concerned with how he runs it here. Shek has agreed to the terms set out here and some members will not be included in the first CO-OP, that's just the way it is.

3. So if you are not interested in the CO-OP, feel slighted and upset with the limitations, or are concerned over the outcome or handling, then move on and do not post another comment in the thread. Disruption will not be allowed any further. Either you are participating or you are not participating.

4. Everyone needs to also keep in mind, this is a feeler thread, not the actual CO-OP. Discussing and updating the status of whether the CO-OP will come to pass or not is what this thread is meant for, the actual CO-OP will be posted in the Classified section, should it be decided to run.

I will be including this in Shek's main post for future readers.

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't need a spot, I spent too much $ in the meantime, but thanks for the offer. And I agree, he is doing a lot of work. If it was me, I would just say the H@ll with it at this point, too much complaining, but he's already put so much effort in, it would be tough to back out at this point. However, I could see this thread getting locked. Good luck Shek, I think you're going to need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread