Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Good morning. Busy day here with me going to a dr appointment and hubby and Alex going to the social security office. Alex can definitely not take care of his own finances. I was looking at his account info this morning when he pulled it up online to look for something. I just put $100 in his account a week and a half ago as a gift from his grandparents for finishing high school. With in two days he had his account down to .14 cents.!! Then he will come to me and want to 'borrow or work off" some money from me. Ummmm, NO! Learn how to manage your money and then we'll talk.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
We just aren't sure how they'll handle payments if he isn't handling it himself. Or even if that's what this is all indicating. Hopefully they'll have some sort of clarity today so we'll know what we have to do...open a custodian account, put in our private acct, or put in his account where he has unnecessary access to it. It may be his money but he isn't squandering it all away on video games and online stuff. I'll probably be the one to handle his finances and disperse money to the right people. I hate dealing with the finances. Hate it! That's why hubby does it for us. It stresses me out too much.

Reactions: Bamrz

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Hubby just called. Alex got approved for the SSI!!! :banana: Since hubby is the one that went with him to this meeting today he is the one that will be in charge of Alex's finances. Alex gave them permission for hubby to be the primary point of contact for him. They're sending a check, with back pay from the time I applied for him in May, to the house and hubby will have to take that check and open a custodian account. There after it will be direct deposited. I'll still end up being the one to keep up with what medical bills, rx bills, and other living expenses. I'll organize it and hubby will do it. You have no idea what a relief this is!

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Well, folks. It's that happy time of day. Time to leave work!

As soon as I get home, I get to put on my spiffy umpire clothes and head to the ballfields for my first ever time ump'ing a game. I just hoping not to make a fool of myself!

I hope everyone has a great day, evening, blah blah blah and all that jazz.

:D

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I can't believe the day is almost over already. Hubby and I spent an hour going through all the paperwork SS sent home with him. Still not done with it and am expecting more in the mail sometime in the next week. And just because he got qualified for the ssi doesn't mean we are lowering our expectations of him. We are still moving forward as planned but at a snails pace so Alex can keep up. Still looking into schools, classes, career options, etc. I still expect him to have a fulfilling life but in the mean time the
SSI will tremendously help make some of this stuff happen.

Finally got the doctor to replace those two awful meds with something that has been around a bit longer than the others. This time it will work.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Good morning. Just a bit cloudy this morning but I think it's supposed to clear up a little later. I'm working today then have to make a stop at Target to pick up meds and a new mop. Ours literally fell apart yesterday. It's supposed to be grocery day but as usual I'm going to put it off til tomorrow. I have a nice semi long list for the kids to complete today. Alex mainly since he's not doing anything all day. Well he does do stuff, just not constructive stuff. I hope work goes by fast and the other groomer shows up today. I'm really not wanting to do two jobs today. Keeping my fingers crossed. Happy Friday everyone!!!

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good morning everyone!

Supposed to be a decent day here, too. Still a bit warm at almost 90. I wouldve ridden the bike today, but it's Friday. Ive found that Friday traffic is not a fun way to spend time on the bike. I dont know why Friday traffic is so much worse than the rest of the week, but it is. After another round of rain tomorrow, we'll be in the upper 70's-low 80's all week!!! That means more bike time AND windows open in the house!!!

Well, my first night as an umpire went pretty well, I think. There were a few times where I found myself in the wrong spot on the field, expecting for the play to develop on one base, but it really develops somewhere else because of a mistake, leaving me directly in the way of the play. And one call where I changed my mind mid call, but it was a change to the correct call, so all I did was look like I was unsure of the call, when I really wasnt. Oh well. Still. I had fun and earned $60!

It is so cool seeing so many of my former players still playing and progressing. It was kind of funny, there were a lot of folks who came up to me after the game that didnt recognize me. One long time friend of Kat's talked with me for a few seconds before recognition visibly sparked in her eyes. One team's coach is a parent of a former player, and he said that he thought I looked familiar until I made a call in the field and my voice (which he's used to hearing from me yelling on the field) is what made it click for him. His wife thought it was me except I was quiet. She decided during the game that it couldnt be me because I wasnt loud enough. And their daughter, my former player that I coached for the better part of three years, was oblivious. She had NO idea it was me until well into the conversation I was having with her parents. We were mid sentence and suddenly she yelled "OH MY GOD!!! I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS YOU!!!!" Then she tackle/hugged me and laughing at herself. I attribute most of it to the weight loss, but also because I've shaved the beard off. The loss of 40-50 pounds AND the beard is just too much for everyone, I guess. :D <--- yes, that is a smug grin.

Tomorrow I get to make a Walmart run with the kids by myself. I had a mental list going before I wrote it all down... and I know I'm forgetting something to write down. I'll remember it right about the time we get back home and start unloading everything. Ungh.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I got my wish and had a light day at work. Tomorrow I may not even have to go in unless some one calls and schedules with me before today is over. The Target run was ok, nothing too bad but will have to go back Monday to pick up rest of meds. I'm excited because I bought a new mop. Yes, it's sad that that is what excites me now. :laugh: Alex is going to give it a try as soon as Morgan gets home and sweeps.

Hubby is doing some outside work today trying to clear out some brush on the back end of our property. I think he just wanted an excuse to use his new sharp tools. :laugh:

I need to get my behind moving doing some stuff in the office and place a juice order before the end of the day. Payday has arrived.

Reactions: FlyingV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread