Status
Not open for further replies.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
I discovered I have better night vision now than a Armasight Spark Multi-purpose night vision monocular Ceramic CORE scope .You heard me...I can't see puddles in the daylight but the army could use me for their nighthawk tactical team...I have to put 2 drops of goop in my eye then tape a cage to my face to protect my eye..(an aside) Somehow your eye adjusts to it and it's not too aggravating but I digress..Anyway...Rums wanted out about 3 A.M. so I got up opened the patio door and there in all their splendor was a gaggle of deer..Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy across the creek I could never see that far across the creek with glasses but I did and...I also saw coyote trailing them...What? Yes.I stayed at the door watching Rums even though our yard has an 9 ft.privacy fence that a pole vaulter would have trouble getting over but there were coyotes...eeekkkk......He did his business and about an hour later he wanted out again...They were still there...Just deer this time but I could see them.How cool is that?

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
I had cataracts removed and new "no glasses required" lenses put in my eye...They can do the surgery for anyone. I just happened to need it because of the cataracts...Also my pupils are not big enough so she lasers them every once in a while..It's not a painful surgery...In and out in about an hour.The recovery is about 13 weeks.You aren't even allowed to bend over which is no problem for me because I can't anyway with that weird heart condition.

Good morning!

I missed them again. :facepalm:

Stretchy, did you get the lasik vision correction? If not, what did you have done? (asks the woman with contacts and glasses just to read the darn screen)

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
This is weird...I miss my glasses.They're a part of my face.I'm having clear lenses put in them and I ordered a grocery bag of sunglasses on ebay...I feel naked...
Congrats on getting them done! I keep tossing around the idea of lasik, but the cost stops me. Which reminds me to order contacts this afternoon, I'm running scary low.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Give it time. When I started wearing the bifocal lenses I spent tons of time looking for my glasses. I'm over it. Now if I could just drive in the things I'd be good.
This is weird...I miss my glasses.They're a part of my face.I'm having clear lenses put in them and I ordered a grocery bag of sunglasses on ebay...I feel naked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread