Could you quit vaping if circumstances proved it to be the best choice (read FDA/local political decisions)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I'll forget my phone, but a vape? No way. Heck, I won't go out for more than an hour w/o a backup. :D

Amazingly, backups are one thing I've always lacked. Don't get me wrong, I'm aalways vaping within 5 minutes of waking up and I keep it with me at all times. But I've always managed to get by with just one setup on me at all times, and a spare battery/juice at work. I have a home backup, but I rarely bring any extra hardware out of the house.

Currently that set up is a VTR and Fogger, and we all know the Fogger's reputation. It's never let me down, but now that I've gone and tempted fate...

Ditto on turning around the the setup though, definitely gonna need that.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I'll forget my phone, but a vape? No way. Heck, I won't go out for more than an hour w/o a backup. :D

Usually I am the same way. I will have 4 or 5 ego style vapes on me if I go anywhere but somehow I made it out the door and 5 miles down the road before I noticed I had none. If I still smoked I would of probably just stopped at a store and bought a pack but I decided to just keep going and it was no problem at all. Its funny how much you can change in just three months. Just the thought of not having a smoke would of killed me but knowing I forgot my vapes didnt bother me too much at all.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Usually I am the same way. I will have 4 or 5 ego style vapes on me if I go anywhere but somehow I made it out the door and 5 miles down the road before I noticed I had none. If I still smoked I would of probably just stopped at a store and bought a pack but I decided to just keep going and it was no problem at all. Its funny how much you can change in just three months. Just the thought of not having a smoke would of killed me but knowing I forgot my vapes didnt bother me too much at all.
People are different. I'm in my 11th month, but definitely do not care to go w/o nic for more than an hour or two max (except when I'm sleeping). On those occasions where I really can't vape (airlines), nic gum keeps me sane.

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
No I wouldn't quit vaping even if they tried to do a ban on e-cigs. That most likely won't happen but they might be able to throw some taxes on juice and other vaping stuff because they want to consider them tobacco products. Even if they put taxes on vaping stuff I wouldn't stop. I would just keep making my own juice and use it exclusively, instead of buying juice online and making my own. The only way I might quit is if they somehow proved that vaping is worse for you than smoking (which I know is impossible). But that is the one way that I would quit vaping and would go back to smoking because it would be better for you lmao. Sorry for rambling so much.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
I'd be totally fine without it - I think I'm over the nicotine addiction at this point and it's more about the pleasure of the flavors, and pairing them with food and beverages for a gourmet experience. Don't get me wrong - I love vaping and there are times when it makes an evening feel perfect, but I can go days without thinking about it.

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
No I wouldn't quit vaping even if they tried to do a ban on e-cigs. That most likely won't happen but they might be able to throw some taxes on juice and other vaping stuff because they want to consider them tobacco products. Even if they put taxes on vaping stuff I wouldn't stop. I would just keep making my own juice and use it exclusively, instead of buying juice online and making my own. The only way I might quit is if they somehow proved that vaping is worse for you than smoking (which I know is impossible). But that is the one way that I would quit vaping and would go back to smoking because it would be better for you lmao. Sorry for rambling so much.

Precisely. Ditto

I don’t condone wife beating, but I understand it!

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
People are different. I'm in my 11th month, but definitely do not care to go w/o nic for more than an hour or two max (except when I'm sleeping). On those occasions where I really can't vape (airlines), nic gum keeps me sane.

I agree, we are all different. Just because something was easy for me doesnt mean it will be easy for anyone else. Yet from my own perspective I am happy that I can go by choice, for a while without my vapes for once I discovered I forgot them it was by choice that I continued on. As a smoker that would have never happened and its a pleasant surprise that I have come so far in such a short time. I too do not care to go without nicotine and have no plans on stopping my nicotine usage but I will cut myself eventually down to 3 mg and stay there as long as im alive and still vaping.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If I'm distracted or doing something else, I can forget about it for a while. If I'm "stuck" somewhere like a doctor's office or restaurant, not so much. Just want to get out of there and be reunited with my vape but it's not as urgent as it was when I smoked.

Heh... last night standing in line to vote, I kept trying to figure out if I could get away with a stealth vape. It seemed unlikely, but at least the line moved quickly, so I could get out of there and VAPE!!! :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread