Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Not so much now, But, Its much easier to pull a pack out of your pocket then it is to go to a store and buy a whole new pack... so I didnt carry any with me at all. I had one of the 4 cigs I had left a few weeks after I quit just to see, and it was terrible.
Now I dont even think about it.
but threads talking about wanting a cig initially always got me craving one.
If i ever want a smoke, I jsut vape.

I was in a crappy situation a few months ago, and ended up breaking and having a cig. Worst thing in my life. Tasted terrible.
havent wanted one since. Ill stick to my raspberry vape!

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
How do you guys handle the craving for smoking. I carry a pack with me for everywhere I go. Do you all do that, or do you throw them away? What helps you to focus your mind away from smoking thought?
Vaping for me stopped the craving and I never wanted one after I found the right setup..

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
That's really great Rixta.:thumbs: Congratulations for your win against tobacco cigarette. Can you please tell me how can I do the same? Would be glad if you tell what should I do to kick this craving. It seems insatiable sometimes.:(
Everyone is different but for me personally the pen style vapes just weren't doing it, I still craved cigarettes, it wasn't until I bought a Subtank Mini that things changed, I was getting loads of vaper and it was a lot more satisfying, I found my love for custard and desert type vapes and never looked back. I did try a cigarette about 3 weeks ago and it was disgusting. The key for me was that vaping became more satisfying than smoking ever was and that was the final door slammed on the stinky's.. I moved onto a Starre tank, clouds of vapour, bags of flavour, I really enjoy vaping so much, it saved my life..

DenZacker

Jul 16, 2015
Not so much now, But, Its much easier to pull a pack out of your pocket then it is to go to a store and buy a whole new pack... so I didnt carry any with me at all. I had one of the 4 cigs I had left a few weeks after I quit just to see, and it was terrible.
Now I dont even think about it.
but threads talking about wanting a cig initially always got me craving one.
If i ever want a smoke, I jsut vape.

I was in a crappy situation a few months ago, and ended up breaking and having a cig. Worst thing in my life. Tasted terrible.
havent wanted one since. Ill stick to my raspberry vape!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Great tip!
My favourite flavour is menthol but I have use raspberry too, Its a worth try.

DenZacker

Jul 16, 2015
Everyone is different but for me personally the pen style vapes just weren't doing it, I still craved cigarettes, it wasn't until I bought a Subtank Mini that things changed, I was getting loads of vaper and it was a lot more satisfying, I found my love for custard and desert type vapes and never looked back. I did try a cigarette about 3 weeks ago and it was disgusting. The key for me was that vaping became more satisfying than smoking ever was and that was the final door slammed on the stinky's.. I moved onto a Starre tank, clouds of vapour, bags of flavour, I really enjoy vaping so much, it saved my life..

Hey thanks for sharing your quit smoking story with me, very nice way for quitting smoke. :)

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I kept an open pack in my truck for eight months with a lighter. Never even went as far as having a puff off one. But it eased my mind that if may vaporizer went down I had them there in case. But I always carried a backup vaporizer also. Eventually I threw the pack out in the garbage. CHEERS!

Greg L

Unresolved Status
Jul 16, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
I was a dual user for a while. A lot of us are/were. It helps to keep the cigs out of easy reach. Put them in a different room, or better yet, outside. But always have your gear with you. When you get a craving, try to vape through it. Not a couple of puffs, but chain that sucker for at least 10 min. If you still need it, THEN you can go get a cig. I got to the point to where I just didn't need it anymore.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I agree with the others that the 'right setup for you' is important and would like to also toss in the right JUICE is equally or even more important.

For me there was two things I needed to get a handle on, the 1st being the nicotine dependency and the 2nd being the physical motion of "smoking".

I found that while I could "chain vape" low vapor producing juice+equipment with questionable nicotine content, it was not until I was vaping 18mg juice at higher power levels when the desire to have an actual cigarette went away.

So my technique (which I still use today) is I usually have two different mods+tanks setup, one with 2-3x stronger nicotine then the other. The 'weak one' I'll happily "chain vape" on until I get the "urge" for something more (in the beginning I craved a real cigarette!) then I'll take a 1/2 dozen draws on the high nicotine content one and the craving goes away.

While getting "more vapor" often might involve getting a different "topper" (or tank) and/or different mod to drive it with enough power, getting more nicotine could be as easy as getting different juice.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    How do you guys handle the craving for smoking. I carry a pack with me for everywhere I go. Do you all do that, or do you throw them away? What helps you to focus your mind away from smoking thought?
    I just carry a tank of tobacco flavored 12-16 mg with me in my little tank case. Worked for me so far. No cigs since January. Still have some cravings though from time to time.

My tank case.
    SAM_0112.JPG

Last edited:

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I'm feeling you on this one. I quit smoking and started vaping a bit over two months ago. I smoked cigs and vaped for about the first week. . . then I smoked the rest of the pack and stuck to vaping. I'm not going to lie, those first two weeks I chain vaped like mad, my g/f started calling it my "pacifier". I was also using 24mg juices. I still have cravings, and I still have analogs every once in a while. I blew the transmission in my car about a month after my last cig and chain smoked a whole pack in a few hours. . .
    my advice?
    1) Anytime you get that craving, try to vape through it. Forgive yourself if you can't, have ONE cigarette and go back to vaping. You're going to fall off the wagon. Don't hate yourself for it. I figure if I've had one cigarette a week for the last two months, that's still almost 60 PACKS I didn't smoke.
    2) Buy a bunch of different flavors, your taste may change DRAMATICALLY during the first couple months. The juice I initially loved, I now can't stand. And some I hated, I now love. Don't stick to a single flavor just because it's what you have, find something you REALLY enjoy.
    3) lesson learned today: GET A BACK UP! mine just killed over on me and now I'm back to smoking analogs (and they are now DISGUSTING to me) until I can get to the store and get a new battery. :(

Reactions: Phoenix1984

DenZacker

Jul 16, 2015
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread