Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobDaniel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Jackson, Michigan
jacobselectronics.net
This is basically what I mean by no circuits and no electronics/solder etc.

These have a battery, wick, wire, steel and brass nothing else ;)

I do not make my own juice, but I know the basics from reading on it for ages now, it would be unflavored at best until I got better and to be honest if they shut the whole thing down I bet the flavorings would be under attack too to force us to by what they wanted us to vape.

I know for a fact taxes are coming guys, but will an end all ban come? Probably not, still I refuse to be told what e-cig to use.

I hear ya there, I have made atty's, battery mods, coils, and liquid. i'm sure I can make a VV chip if I put my mind to it.
The liquid is what concerns me, I can go without nic, but i'd rather not.

as far as taxes go, i'll pay as little as I can, then i'll write off what I do pay, lol

ms277017

Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Tyler, Texas
I hear ya there, I have made atty's, battery mods, coils, and liquid. i'm sure I can make a VV chip if I put my mind to it.
The liquid is what concerns me, I can go without nic, but i'd rather not.

as far as taxes go, i'll pay as little as I can, then i'll write off what I do pay, lol

This is why I encourage, help and would try and guide as many people as possible to RBAs and full mech mods.

Scenario:

You're watching the news, it is breaking as always, in today's report as you watch your favorite flavor of cleverly worded disinformation on television is that electronic cigarette companies in China are destroying tens of millions of dollars of merchandise. Everything from smoktech cartos to eGo Twists are being disposed of by international decree banning electronic cigarettes until further notice.

From now on all electronic cigarette devices must be disposable, sterile packed and not to be manufactured below 2.2 ohms, with no battery voltage to exceed 3.7v also a prescription will be required for their use as of Jan 1, 20XX.

SUDDENLY world wide:

SELLING genuine smok dual coil cartos x5 1.5ohms $75.......................

The all NEW Provari v3 ~ 3.7v locked in and we are standing by ready to process your prescription!!!

China was destroyed in the process and quickly re-tools to meet global specs.

Hundreds upon hundreds of mom and pop E-cig stores close globally.

All orders of hand-made electronic cigarettes are intercepted by customs around the world to be destroyed.

Hand-made machines shops specializing in RBAs and full mech mods go out like a light bulb globally.

There is a period of industry induced scarcity that occurs as the pipe line is filled again with what we are being told is now our only options.

Taxes would precede this by 2-3 years IMO

Probably won't, BUT I am ready like a boss haha

BTW it was the pharmaceutical companies, not big tobacco lol

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
China was destroyed in the process and quickly re-tools to meet global specs.
All orders of hand-made electronic cigarettes are intercepted by customs around the world to be destroyed.

Hand-made machines shops specializing in RBAs and full mech mods go out like a light bulb globally.
that's some Orwellian imagination you got there lolso far nearly every one of my mods from overseas is marked as electronc parts or metal tubes. the time and money that would need to be invested to inspect every package is staggering for the US.

yet all these laws and regulations do not stop gun sales at the flea markets or close any of the 100's of stores selling water pipes which have been banned since the 80's. or for that matter keep alcohol and cigs out of the hands of the younger generation. nor does it seem to slow the market for prescription pills from overseas. do people really think they will invest 20 times the effort to stop a flashlight tube? really?

while i dont say we need to NOT worry, for every intervention introduced we somehow find a way to circumvent them two other ways.

they cant even close the silk road i doubt they will stop china or anyone else from making whatever they feel like making.
in the end many vendors will set up secondary accounts to receive processing and payments, several already do now, even though I order from their website i get a paypal transaction receipt from an individual person unrelated to the product purchased.
no more CC?
next comes bank transfer
after that will be money orders
next they will have us all buying bitcoins lol

Last edited:

5150sick

Jan 20, 2013
Leesburg, Florida
PayPal has been giving in since eBay (who conveniently owns PayPal) started allowing ecigs.
They have tons of ecig stuff on eBay and some sellers have some decent prices too.
I picked up a Kayfun Lite/Russian 91% clone w/adjustable airflow for a little under $35.00 which isn't too bad.
Also Wizard Labs must have struck a deal with PayPal as well because they accept it.
Totally Wicked uses its overseas account to accept it from its Florida location too.

5150sick

Jan 20, 2013
Leesburg, Florida
I will have to check that out. I have been busted for ecigs with PP before and am afraid of using them for these purchases. I would love to use a debit rather than credit to pay in any case though. Thanks for the tip :)

Ebay and PayPal are owned by the same people.
if you look on eBay you will see like 20,000 ecig items and you can only pay using PayPal (unless you make other arrangements). a year ago it was against eBay policy to sell ecig stuff.
Now some vendors even take PayPal (Wizard Labs comes to mind but there are others).

I sell CD's and music memorabilia on eBay so i will often have $200 in my PayPal when my bank account is drained.
eBay does have vendors that sell at competitive prices ($15 pt2 mini, $17.50 pt2, $35 itaste vv 3.0, $45 MVP 2, etc...)
You will be allowed to buy ecig items with PayPal as long as eBay is still selling them.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I think it depends on how the vendor codes the transaction for ecig purchases. Paypal honored a purchase from Liberty Flights but not certain other vendors. Go figure. I haven't ordered ecig supplies since 1/1 but I'm headed to Stormy's B&M this morning for some stuff. I'll ask them what they know about new CC regs. They sell online and in the store, so I'm sure they will have had some experience with who does and who doesn't honor their sales.

If my bank stops honoring CC purchases for ecig supplies, I'll have to search around for one that does. I'd much rather they find a way to catch those that steal numbers and use them at Walmart. I was hit twice last year by CC crooks. I'm on my second new card from BOA in a year. They told me that the average CC thief computer generates a list of numbers and PINs and tries them one by one until one works. Then, they hit it over and over until it's cancelled.

Last edited:

ms277017

Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Tyler, Texas
that's some Orwellian imagination you got there lolso far nearly every one of my mods from overseas is marked as electronc parts or metal tubes. the time and money that would need to be invested to inspect every package is staggering for the US.

yet all these laws and regulations do not stop gun sales at the flea markets or close any of the 100's of stores selling water pipes which have been banned since the 80's. or for that matter keep alcohol and cigs out of the hands of the younger generation. nor does it seem to slow the market for prescription pills from overseas. do people really think they will invest 20 times the effort to stop a flashlight tube? really?

while i dont say we need to NOT worry, for every intervention introduced we somehow find a way to circumvent them two other ways.

they cant even close the silk road i doubt they will stop china or anyone else from making whatever they feel like making.
in the end many vendors will set up secondary accounts to receive processing and payments, several already do now, even though I order from their website i get a paypal transaction receipt from an individual person unrelated to the product purchased.
no more CC?
next comes bank transfer

Yea, when I wrote that I asked myself: Self, what would suck the absolute most and just keep sucking until the final end with a major sucktacular ending that still sucked.

Seriously doubt it'll get like that, too much '$$$' mayne ;)

Yea, it is Orwell themed lmao

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Why can't vendors just call anything mod related (clearos. pv's, mechs, rba/rda's, etc...) "electronic parts" like fasttech does? I know quite a few vendors that use a number system for their receipts and purchase info. like a protant2 will show up as part/item# 34788.

Yep, electronic hardware, consumable items, and accessories would be goo nomenclature for the CC companies to see. It doesn't have to include "nicotine level 24%" or "electronic cigarette atomizer" in the CC charge.

Just because the comany name includes "vape" doesn't mean that I bought something I can vape. I buy battery boxes, lanyards, batteries, and other items that are also Walmart stock items as well as juice and items with coils. Walmart doesn't have a problem processing them through the checkout.

Last edited:

tombaker

Moved On
Oct 21, 2013
This is just a one off mistake that the original poster on Youtube has already corrected. As opposed to one person finding out a global problem for all E-Cig buyers it turns out to be an individual shops related clerical error.
The original poster on youtube corrects it with this post, you can read same on youtube.
"Alright, so after looking into some things, it appears things are being worked out with the bank and they are going to check into why the error appeared and stated it may have been due to an issue on several vendors end in regards to how their CC processing is done. It appears that the issue is resolved and that I should be able to use my card as normal but definitely something to keep our eyes out for in the future if this happens with other peoples cards."

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Due to a bit of disinformation here, it would be best to step over to WyattDerp's thread, which shows a copy of the Bank of Oklahoma's actual youtube post, along with reading this one. This was no "clerical error." Anyone who thinks that all of a sudden banks in at least 4 but possibly more States would all of a sudden have "clerical errors" on 1/1/2014 and cite the PACT Act as the reason for freezing funds going to certain vendors, including those who sell cigars which are not part of that Act as well as ecigs which are not, is an ostrich. The old adage "Where there's smoke, there's fire" applies. The Act cannot be amended without an act of Congress and there has been none. I want to know, for now and the future, when a bank can legally freeze my funds unless I'm present, in person, to swipe my card (as stated by the Bank of Oklahoma) and cannot order vape gear "on the net, by mail or on the phone" as they posted. I live in Arizona where that's pretty much the situation as soon as the FDA deems ecigs tobacco but what the banks and processors have done here should be a wake up call to everyone else who thinks they're okay because their State allows net sales. Its all gonna change as soon as the FDA has their way and, now, everyone should see how they're going to be and join CASAA now!

Last edited:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas

no more CC?
next comes bank transfer

Although I doubt it would ever get quite as bad as the quote was talking about, I have personally seen the e-cig market from China come almost to a screeching halt. The FDA learned the names and locations of every e-cig manufacturer out of that country and stopped the packages no matter what the bill of lading said back when they had decided to term them an uncontrolled medical device. Literally, shipments were stopped and searched because of an address or a town rather than a packing list, and you could go to the FDA's website and read the training memos on how agents were to do it. It was scary how thorough they were when so much truly illegal junk crosses through our ports every day without being ferreted out. That's one of the big reasons quite a few of us veterans worry about the future.

PayPal has been giving in since eBay (who conveniently owns PayPal) started allowing ecigs.
They have tons of ecig stuff on eBay and some sellers have some decent prices too.
I picked up a Kayfun Lite/Russian 91% clone w/adjustable airflow for a little under $35.00 which isn't too bad.
Also Wizard Labs must have struck a deal with PayPal as well because they accept it.
Totally Wicked uses its overseas account to accept it from its Florida location too.

I'll admit that Ebay and Paypal are loosening the reins a bit, but certainly not enough to change their stance completely. As for Wizard, until we came along they supplied mostly chemists and scientists so technically weren't/aren't designated as an e-cig supply.

I think it depends on how the vendor codes the transaction for ecig purchases. Paypal honored a purchase from Liberty Flights but not certain other vendors. Go figure.

Liberty Flights is based out of the UK which has never had the same restrictions. When you pay LF it goes to their UK account and then the order is sent through the California satellite.

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Buying from any vendor and having the transaction go through means nothing. Many vape companies/stores are just extensions or subsidiaries of some other businesses and using the same merchant code. Any specific company may have also selected a merchant code (SIT code) that has nothing to do with vaping or tobacco.

Just sayin'.

undeadninja125

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Illinois
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread