Credit card stolen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAY Rose

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2012
Texas
I've had my bank debit card hacked twice this year. Both times I suspected it happened during an e-cig supply transaction, but I'm not positive this is where it happened. I usually use Amazon.com, for most of my purchases that are not e-cig related, and I use PayPal for everything else if it's available. Unfortunately PayPal is NOT friendly to e-cig supplies stores!

So, I have begun to use a pre-paid Walmart debit card. I load it for my usual monthly expenses for juice, batts, cartos, or whatever, and buy everything I want ASAP to empty the card. It's a headache to have to go in and buy a new card every month, as they do not re-load, but it does give me some measure of safety for my real debit card, thus my bank account. Not to say somehow Amazon or PayPal won't get hacked too. At least I'm trying whatever I can to avoid getting hacked again.

I hate thieves. If they worked half as hard at a real job as they do at their criminal activities, they would be a credit to the world!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Happened to me today.

Are we naming vendor names, or is that not okay?

I think it's cool (I am no moderator), until people start saying the vendor themselves are the culprits. If you have a general idea, I would sure like to know. I am sure the vendors would as well.

Charleyrc

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Texas
I went to McDonalds a couple of weeks back and my debit card was denied. I called the bank the following Monday and they said that they thought they detected fraud and put a freeze on my card. They asked if I had purchased anything in Europe recently. I live in Texas. There was one charge for about $8.00 that they processed and then another from a different part of Europe for $9.00. The didn't pay the second one and actually reversed the charge on the first. I never lost a dime but I had to wait for a new card to be issued. They said they had no idea how the card was compromised. They also told me that some hackers are using some sort of computer software that randomly generates numbers and keep trying those until one hits. Then they make a couple of small charges and if all goes well they get greedy. Landmark Bank covered my but. Thank you Landmark.

brock957

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Powder Springs GA
I'll name mine. Capella. Don't know for sure it was them but that's where I shoped before it happened. Nicotine is so exspensive I'm just going to quit DIY e juice. Between nic and flavor I don't save enough to make it worth the hassle. Will buy my juice locally and on line shop at fasttech. I will say that I've used bulkejuice.com and nicvape.com without any problems.

Jack Pappas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
I've been lucky. Over forty years of banking and never had an issue that was not caused by the bank itself being greedy and trying to rip me off.
FastTech uses Paypal. Which I like. There are some deeply solid billing companies out there so there is no reason for all these issues.

I think some of the problem is that many vendors select a billing company that is less reputable without knowing any better because it may be much cheaper for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread