Debuting - The GotVapes SMOK TiTaN™ - 5-6ml Polypropolene Modular Tank - Replaceable Stem Coils, All Colors, DUAL COIL HEADS! - AVAILABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Yidddle, did you get a whole new unit or just a new tube? I got a new unit and this one definitely leaks same place. Makes me think I am doing something wrong..

I love the way they vape but can't take the leaks. I am going to fiddle with it tomorrow with a less fav juice.

I got a whole new unit and it's a dream. So sorry your new one isn't. I haven't had a chance yet to fiddle with what I want to try. Been vaping myself silly on every vv device I have, to try and get more input for the ZMax review, as Danno wanted us to get on it right away. :)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Hey, did you guys make sure that you have a white o-ring at the bottom of the base right below the threads?! My first one I had to adjust, and I just looked at my 2nd one and it was inside around the post. :glare:

Hi there Porche Guy ;) Yup, aready checked those o-rings. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,how did you adust your o-ring? All advice welcome :)

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Hi there Porche Guy ;)

Haha, damn your memory! :laugh:

Yup, aready checked those o-rings. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,how did you adust nyour o-ring? All advice welcome :)

I just noticed that even though it was in the right place on the 1st tank, one part of it was twisted. So I carefully took a dental pick, er, I mean expensive professional center post & o-ring tool and flipped it straight again.

I love that they hold so much more juice than a Vivi Nova, but they're so finicky and don't seem to taste/work as well for me. :(

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Haha, damn your memory! :laugh:

I just noticed that even though it was in the right place on the 1st tank, one part of it was twisted. So I carefully took a dental pick, er, I mean expensive professional center post & o-ring tool and flipped it straight again.

I love that they hold so much more juice than a Vivi Nova, but they're so finicky and don't seem to taste/work as well for me. :(

:laugh: Guess maybe my avi should have been an elephant?

Taste is good for me on the one that's not leaking. Just fiddled with that 0-ring, not twisted, but I'm too stubborn to give up on this thing :glare:

IrishTexan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Austin Texas
Hey, did you guys make sure that you have a white o-ring at the bottom of the base right below the threads?! My first one I had to adjust, and I just looked at my 2nd one and it was inside around the post. :glare:

Couldn't stand it so I went to look. Yes the o ring is there. I did have a thought tho. I was using a stardust drip tip. So I compared the stardust tip to the titan tip and it is just a tiny bit longer. I was thinking that maybe when I screw on the stardust tip that it is pushing down on the stem just enough to push off the bottom of the tube a hair. Does this sound likely?

IrishTexan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Austin Texas
Mine sprung a leak from there after my PV tipped over. I didn't notice the tube had moved up a little right away, but when I pulled down on the tube towards the base (while it was on my PV) I felt it click back into place. It hasn't leaked since. This may or may not help, but that was my experience with it. Been working like a champ other than that. I just have to remind myself to clean it before I've run 36mls through it. The gunk ball on the coil was incredible :ohmy:

alright...I went back to my first one, and remembering the Psyche had a problem she fixed, decided to try it. Put the titan on the desk top and pressed down. Hear a very audible click. In an effort to see if this was the fix or it is the drip tips, I put the stardust drip tip on and filled. Still leaking although not near as bad...just a little seeping like the second one was doing. So I replaced the drip tip with the one it came with...so far...no leaking. I am going to hold my breath, but it seems that the culprit may be my stardust drip tips. Will keep you update. In the meantime, I am happily vaping on my original blue titan.

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
Mine doesn't leak, but I can't get it to work with my VG juice. It's been great for two days straight with Swedish Fish. A bit of gurgle when I overfilled once, but as it got down past the wicks it was fine. It does seep a bit at the base of the tube between the tube itself and the metal. I can see the moisture between the tube and metal. Not much at all, just enough to notice it being slick ever so often. No biggie really. Has anyone measured the volume it holds up to the wicks?

ETA: :facepalm: Remember the video Hibi, remember the video!!!

Last edited:

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Wow, works great with my vg. The seeping is my problem on the second one but was enough to be a problem. Have not tried to fiddle with that one yet. Are you using the titan drip tip or the stardust colored ones?

I'm using the steel Stardust drip tip. Exact same length as the Titan one but 60% less threading unfortunately.

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
Wow, works great with my vg. The seeping is my problem on the second one but was enough to be a problem. Have not tried to fiddle with that one yet. Are you using the titan drip tip or the stardust colored ones?

It worked fine for about 1/4 of the tank and then it went to dry hit city :( I'm using the supplied tip. The seeping isn't that bad, just a bit to want to wipe it ever so often.

Hibi, just happened to remember that I unbraided that fat wick. Might be why my vg works. I have found it doesn't like the fat single wicks.

I'll have to try the unbraiding then. Really like the flavor it gives on the VG. PG (Swedish Fish) is working like a champ. I'm going to keep it going with this until it needs cleaning and do some tinkering ;)

doubleganger

Aug 6, 2010
Mississippi
It worked fine for about 1/4 of the tank and then it went to dry hit city :( I'm using the supplied tip. The seeping isn't that bad, just a bit to want to wipe it ever so often.

I'll have to try the unbraiding then. Really like the flavor it gives on the VG. PG (Swedish Fish) is working like a champ. I'm going to keep it going with this until it needs cleaning and do some tinkering ;)

Unbraiding helps for me. Also trim some off the bottom of the silicone stem cap since once unbraided the wicks will need more room. Also do a long dry burn with a new stem. I accidentally discovered that when I had one vaping hot and dry on a Telescope mod. I forgot and holstered the rig without locking out the switch and it got hot enough that it partially melted the mouthpiece. The interesting thing was that afterwards the stem vaped perfectly.

doubleganger

Aug 6, 2010
Mississippi
Unbraiding helps for me. Also trim some off the bottom of the silicone stem cap since once unbraided the wicks will need more room. Also do a long dry burn with a new stem. I accidentally discovered that when I had one vaping hot and dry on a Telescope mod. I forgot and holstered the rig without locking out the switch and it got hot enough that it partially melted the mouthpiece. The interesting thing was that afterwards the stem vaped perfectly.

Now this is strange, at least to me. Apparently it wicks better hot. I've discovered that if it starts to hit dry, and that's pretty often with the stem I'm using now, if I hold the button down without vaping until it shuts off then it vapes much better for a while. Then I heat it up again. Vaping one hundred percent pg on an ego-t mod.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
titansmok.png

titansmok_1.png

titansmok_2.png

titansmok_3.png

titansmok_4.png

repstemcoiltitan.png

GotVapes SMOK TiTan™ Modular Clear Top Coil Tank 6ml - 2.5ohm
$12.95 $11.95

Introducing the GotVapes SMOK TiTaN™ by SMOKtech (formerly known as the Screw Tank, renamed by GotVapes and will be marketed by SMOKtech henceforth).

FANTASTIC quality made, well-performing tank that holds a whopping 5ml up to the wick (demoed in video below). This is a 510 tank (not eGo threaded). We were impressed with its performance out of the box in testing and are the first to market it in the USA under its new name we dubbed for SMOKtech, the SMOK TiTan™.

• Tubes are made of polypropolene so are more impervious to damage caused by certain juices.
• Fills to a solid 5ml to the wicks but can be filled higher, this is a well sealed unit and in brief testing did not suffer from gurgling problems when filled over the wicking but your experiences may vary. It is recommended to only fill to the wicks or slightly above.
• Replaceable stem coil instead of just the head. This may provide better secure attachment when opening the cap to fill. Also gives you a completely fresh tube along with the coil each time you change these out. Replaceable stem coils also available in this category.
• Comes in five colors: blue, green red, pink/fuscia and yellow/melon as well as clear. These tubes are also available for purchase in this category, separately.
• Notice the metal threading mounted inside the top and bottom of the SMOK TiTan™ tube.
• The SMOK Titan™ comes with one 2.5ohm stem coil with 2.0ohm and 3.0ohm stem coils also available for separate purchase. We also have 1.5ohm dual coil stem coils available!

Thorough video covering all aspects of this very exciting, well performing offering from SMOKtech, dubbed the SMOK TiTan™ by GotVapes and will be henceforth marketed by SMOKtech (was formerly marketed as the Screw Tank). Also in video are snippets of other products recently introduced by GotVapes...

SMOK TiTaN™ Clearo Modular Tank : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Yiddles-Bumper.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread