Debuting - The GotVapes SMOK TiTaN™ - 5-6ml Polypropolene Modular Tank - Replaceable Stem Coils, All Colors, DUAL COIL HEADS! - AVAILABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyche

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Left of Center
I just got my pretty pink Titan and it's leaking from the bottom of the tube. Any suggestions? I've got everything screwed on tight, but have a constant seeping from the bottom edge of the tube. Should I try getting another tube for it?

Mine sprung a leak from there after my PV tipped over. I didn't notice the tube had moved up a little right away, but when I pulled down on the tube towards the base (while it was on my PV) I felt it click back into place. It hasn't leaked since. This may or may not help, but that was my experience with it. Been working like a champ other than that. I just have to remind myself to clean it before I've run 36mls through it. The gunk ball on the coil was incredible :ohmy:

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I do not have a metal Stardust tip but it sounds like the length is a bit short on the bottom stub where it is not compressing the silicone seal on the head. If I had one I would measure it out. I have been using a colored Stardust tip in mine and it does not have any issue in the Titan. You can also try tightening up the upper and lower caps a smidgen too. You are probably not talking a huge gap above the silicone. Tightening those caps may raise the center post the couple thousanths of an inch you need to get a seal again. Tighten up the caps without the drip tip in then reinstall. Worth a try anyway.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a few Titans now. Just a tip - be certain that the tip as well as both caps fit snug. Should they be anywhere near loose they will leak.

I toss the one's that I'm not currently vaping (full of juice) into a little eyeglass holder case. I had noticed that the tank's tubes looked like they were sweating...like drops of perspiration...and the tank itself felt oily...like e-juice. I saw no cracks in the tubing so checked the caps. They were just the least bit loose, so I tightened them as snug as I could w/o stripping the threading. Since then the perspiration on the tubes has not returned.

I guess the lesson here is to periodically check the tightness of the endcaps, as handling the tanks might loosen the the caps just enough for juice to seep thru the threading.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
"Screw tank" get lost in translation from Chinese to English. In Chinese it really means, "Love Shack". :oops:

images
:D

IrishTexan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Austin Texas
I am glad that your new one works for you. My first one leaked...ordered a second one, just filled it this morning, and it leaks as well. At the same place around the bottom of the tube. I LOVE the way these vape, but I am a poor girl so I guess I give up on these. It is a shame cause they handle my vg well.

IrishTexan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Austin Texas
Really not worth the cost of sending it back. And I tend to take the attitude that this is going to happen from time to time. Got Vapes has been very good to their customers and they eat the cost of things for us all the time...re: the ravens...so If I have to eat the cost of something that is not quite right once in awhile, that is okay.

I am still fiddling with the second one and will see if I can get it to not leak. I am going to drain the juice and check out the seals.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Really not worth the cost of sending it back. And I tend to take the attitude that this is going to happen from time to time. Got Vapes has been very good to their customers and they eat the cost of things for us all the time...re: the ravens...so If I have to eat the cost of something that is not quite right once in awhile, that is okay.

I am still fiddling with the second one and will see if I can get it to not leak. I am going to drain the juice and check out the seals.

I'm still fiddling arounf with ideas to try and fix the first one. I noticed that the metal insert in the tube is very thin and it and the tube feel a little rough when I run my finger around it. If I can find some real fine sandpaper meant for metal (may have to go out and buy some) I'm gonna try smoothing it out. It may be cutting the silicon o-ring :confused: Also thought of putting a thin coat of crazy glue around that bottom edge to try and seal it, if that's where it's coming from.

IrishTexan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Austin Texas
I thought of the crazy glue too. I have been finddling with my second perty pink one...I think I may have got it okay. I took it all apart, washed it, checked all the rings and such, and put it back togather. At the moment, it appears to not bee seeping. Keepin my fingers crossed.

If you try the crazy glue, let me know how it goes.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
The cyanoacrylate ( CA ) glues like crazy glue and super glue are thin and can penetrate pretty well... but they will also fog the plastic. In fact, it is what the police and others use to detect fingerprints with since it is attracted to the oils in the fingerprints ....

Clear silicone glue that is made for fish tanks should seal well if you force it into the crevices and it is non-toxic... not all silicone glues are non-toxic so be careful which type you use.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
The cyanoacrylate ( CA ) glues like crazy glue and super glue are thin and can penetrate pretty well... but they will also fog the plastic. In fact, it is what the police and others use to detect fingerprints with since it is attracted to the oils in the fingerprints ....

Clear silicone glue that is made for fish tanks should seal well if you force it into the crevices and it is non-toxic... not all silicone glues are non-toxic so be careful which type you use.

Thought about the silicon Rdsok, but it's pretty thick and where ever this little fissure is, it's not discernible.(leastwise not with my old eyes) Crazy glue with a needle tip should do it with out getting excess on the tube .............I hope :oops:

Edit: I watch all that detective stuff too :laugh: :laugh:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thought about the silicon Rdsok, but it's pretty thick and where ever this little fissure is, it's not discernible.(leastwise not with my old eyes) Crazy glue with a needle tip should do it with out getting excess on the tube .............I hope :oops:

Edit: I watch all that detective stuff too :laugh: :laugh:

Cover all of the exposed tube ( inside and out if possible ) with tape or something like that... that may help avoid fogging the plastic up

Also use a fan to help blow the fumes away and so you aren't inhaling it either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread