SMOKtech GotVapes Hyper SRT Rebuildable Tank Atomizer Available NOW - Coil & Wick in 4 ohm Choices From 1.7 to 5.0ohms Also Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
Yeah. More wraps more resistance. Wraps are irrelevant really. It's the length.

As for ...
I need to quit reading all the opinions & mods on this one ...:lol: at least while it is still working good .... B-4 I habitually "FIX IT" :facepalm:
Don't do a "Betterlife Tech"!

okey dokey :glare: I think ? .... so avoid betterlife tech, noted and "length" ? any insights on what length provides what omh ?? And I am guessing wire size may read into this equation ??? :blink: crap I'll bite the bullet & GO READ MORE :glare: .....

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
okey dokey :glare: I think ? .... so avoid betterlife tech, noted and "length" ? any insights on what length provides what omh ?? And I am guessing wire size may read into this equation ??? :blink: crap I'll bite the bullet & GO READ MORE :glare: .....

Here is link to what you may be looking for res per inch of different gauges of Kanthal Grade----- A-1 ------ A -------- D -
and

Nichrome 60 -------- Nichrome 80
There is a spread sheet link in post 1 as well.

link - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/320042-resistance-wire-kanthal-nichrome.html

I use 999 fine silver dead soft wire simply twisted onto the kanthal and learned how in this video around the 9 minute mark in Scotts video showing how to make a coil.
link -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kZVFOA-X7c

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
My problem is i kept pulling the whole tube off accidentally when it was being stubborn... Plus im kinda leery of breaking the pos connector wire.

As stiff as it is to pull the tank up I had the same concerns so I drilled a small hole just bigger than the syringe needle in the top area of the niquid tank. Many ways to plug fill hole but I just use a small piece of scotch tape, nearly invisible. Certainly makes filling a lot easier.

Errol

vikeme28

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Waste Lands
i just drilled the wick holes bigger and use them to fill. gotta get needle tip bottles. i swear by them. the ONLY thing i couldnt use them on was the phoenix bc's. 30ml bottle and an extra tank, in case my coil goes funky is all i ever take with me, when i go to work. i am wondering if i get some toothpicks if i could pull the wicks out shove the toothpicks in the hole and proceed to wash out the coil and wick do a quick dryburn pull the toothpicks and shove the wicks back in and be rockin in no time without taking it apart or loosing juice.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
lollll...this is first time I had a chance to see that : )))....haha...we shoudl sell gazillions of those now!

I love how the monkey tries to show you how to do it - lol!!!

Today I was extremely blessed wiff money brassieres in 9 colors ! :w00t:
I have followed da rules dere and made an appointsments wiff Aggies Glama Shots Studios to make my Famous Glamour Shot so I can be Famouseses like da other Famous Peoples ! :D Here's what happened...
Aggie-Glamour-Shots.gif

I now habe two VERY SORE nostrils, 2 tubes with boogies I had to wash off, a sore belly aches from laughing too much...ALL for your ENJOYMENTS !!
Glamour-tube-fail.jpg
Last attempt...
Glamour-tubeshot.jpg

This is definately not as easy as it looks peoples !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I have had thunderstorms ALL DAM DAY here and haven't been able to get on here to do this earlier. I apologize for you inconvience ub dis :unsure: Oh wait a minutes...you wasn't eben waiting to see dis were you ? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
My Thank Yous go out to Danno & Chris !!! Loves You BOTH !!!
Aggie-Danno-Kisses.gif
BadHugs.gif

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Lots of great info here. Seriously considering the cheesecloth alternative.

My SRT came with a broken coil wire, so I have some replacement ordered from GV. Thing is, they were out of the 2.5 ohm, so I got the 3. Shouldn't I just be able to cut the coil wire on the 3 to make it lower resistance?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Lots of great info here. Seriously considering the cheesecloth alternative.

My SRT came with a broken coil wire, so I have some replacement ordered from GV. Thing is, they were out of the 2.5 ohm, so I got the 3. Shouldn't I just be able to cut the coil wire on the 3 to make it lower resistance?

That depends on the PV you are using... if it is a VV type, just increase the voltage... a VW unit should take care of the change automatically ....

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
That depends on the PV you are using... if it is a VV type, just increase the voltage... a VW unit should take care of the change automatically ....

Primarily plan to use it with the rocket...if I can keep it working. I know I can increase voltage, but just checking to be sure I'm correct about decreasing length to decrease resistance.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Primarily plan to use it with the rocket...if I can keep it working. I know I can increase voltage, but just checking to be sure I'm correct about decreasing length to decrease resistance.

Decreasing the length does decrease the resistance ( just as increasing the diameter of a wire would )... but the premade wicks have a bit of NR wire attached to the end of the coil... so that may present a challenge of sorts

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread